Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Off Topic. Comonwealth Games Closing Ceremony

5 posters

Go down

Off Topic. Comonwealth Games Closing Ceremony Empty Off Topic. Comonwealth Games Closing Ceremony

Post  adrian ss Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:14 am

The Commonwealth Games closing ceremony was a joke.
    Athletes not allowed to march into the stadium in front of spectators.
The ceremony was more about "Look At Me Look At Me I am wonderful" singers and entertainers who had zero to do with the Games who used the ceremony as a platform to promote their "Look At Me I am Wonderful singing brigade" who will only perform if people applaud and cheer for them.
   No wonder the stadium was almost deserted before the end.
Who Okayed that gigantic stuff up?.... Probably some non Aussie citizenship holding arty farty brain dead dipstick.

Last edited by adrian ss on Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4351
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Off Topic. Comonwealth Games Closing Ceremony Empty Re: Off Topic. Comonwealth Games Closing Ceremony

Post  Nightjar Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:16 am

Didn't watch it Adrian, but a news item this morning slammed the organisers and mentioned the crowds left in their droves.
Not a good ending to an Aussie record medal count.

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Off Topic. Comonwealth Games Closing Ceremony Empty Re: Off Topic. Comonwealth Games Closing Ceremony

Post  akko Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:54 pm

They were paid big bucks to organise that stuff up.
Joanna Griggs vs Peter Beattie. Joanna by knockout, she is pretty pissed.

akko
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2012-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:12 pm

And the lame excuse was that they didn't want the athletes standing outside for an hour. Ye gods and little fishes!!!! It is a fair bet that a raging bush fire, an isis bomb, a force 9 cyclone and a level 10 earthquake and tsunami would have been hard pressed to stop them from marching in front of the spectators if they had been given a choice.....Beattie needed to get some balls and stand his ground.....Ahhh well too late now, but it will go down in the Games history books as the day the "Look At Me Look At Me I am wonderful" brigade stole the show from the athletes whom without, the games would not exist.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4351
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  boobook Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:23 pm

And for which, the US Jack Morton Agency was paid $46MILLION......some stuff up all right Rolling Eyes

boobook
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2011-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Minermike Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:41 pm

I hope Queensland paid for it   ! Lol. !

I did not watch it .

Last edited by Minermike on Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more info .)
Minermike
Minermike
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down