Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wireless h/phones

4 posters

Go down

wireless h/phones Empty wireless h/phones

Post  noyungan Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:55 am

Somewhere in the past a detectorist wrote a bit about buying wireless h/phones from Jcar and a small transmitter which plugged in to the detector... From memory there was some discussion about that system being blue tooth and perhaps a delay occurs in the signal
If any are using that system would they please reveal any faults with it,,, as I am considering wireless operation but the Minelab setup is a lot exy for me just now.
Having been thru a few dramas and truamas for a while now and the BUG is nibbling again so I'm getting things together for an optimistic bush bash,, any helpful suggestions would be very welcome.. noyungan

noyungan
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2015-02-10

Back to top Go down

wireless h/phones Empty Re: wireless h/phones

Post  Sharkbait Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:39 am

G'day Noyungan,maybe have a look at this setup from PhaseTec..I bought one of these for my SDC2300 and they've worked like a charm from day one,with no signal delay cheers You do need your own set of headphones.

I don't have any affiliation with Nenad..he sells good gear and his service is second to none.

http://phasetechnical.com.au/product/deteknix-wirefree-kit/
Sharkbait
Sharkbait
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 924
Registration date : 2013-03-07

Back to top Go down

wireless h/phones Empty Wireless Setup

Post  Alwaysback Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:57 pm

I also use the setup from Phase Technical, an excellent bit of gear and a great bloke to go with it. I use mine on the SDC as well.
Doug

Alwaysback
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  big fella Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:18 pm

Gday All. Just on the Minelab pro sonic setup. My son in law uses one and it to me is very impressive.
Regards big fella
big fella
big fella
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 550
Registration date : 2011-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:28 pm

G'day All,

Jen was using the phase Technical one and she use to love it, but then we bought the ML pro sonic and it is fantastic, as you can unplug your head phones and just use the speaker which is built in to it. It also has a volume control, which is a great thing also. Very Happy

Cheers. T25

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:18 pm

Sharkbait wrote:G'day Noyungan,maybe have a look at this setup from PhaseTec..I bought one of these for my SDC2300 and they've worked like a charm from day one,with no signal delay cheers You do need your own set of headphones.

I don't have any affiliation with Nenad..he sells good gear and his service is second to none.

I agree, as I also purchased the wireless sender and receiver module set from Nenad as I use lightweight behind the neck headphones, they work very well and have "no noticeable" audio lag, also I have another wireless set up with sender module and lightweight folding headphones that I bought previously from Kogan on EBay which I used on the Sovereign Gt the audio lag is minimal but still noticeable but its not such a problems when beach or park detecting for coins and relics, but where the lag is noticeable is when you are hunting nuggets as the lag can make locating small pieces much harder, later I saw that Nenad is also selling the wireless sender and headphone combination, the ones from Nenad (phase technical) work well on the sdc2300 and 4500 as they are easy to adapt to pretty much any detector that you may have, so they are a far better choice if you want to use them on a gold detector.

cheers

au-fever

Back to top Go down

wireless h/phones Empty RE: Wireless H/Phones

Post  noyungan Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:00 pm

Hi All,
I never expected so many replies so soon, which shows how great this forum is and I say thank you to all.. You have given me pointers to which way to jump...
Having always been tethered via the audio cord it will be beautiful to be free ... I have never got used to using the clip on speakers and that is why I'm hoping to go wireless h/phones...
There is a few things I've got to do before I get away and hopefully the weather ameliorates somewhat in the next month.. I'm also looking at the modern coils, so all in all there is a lot to do.. Unlike if I lived down there I would have the whole box and dice at finger tips, so things have got to be right before I go.. Patience, patience, patience..
Again many thanks,,,, noyungan

noyungan
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2015-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:33 pm

G'day noyungan,

I have been thinking about your situation and if my memory is correct you are currently operating a SDC2300. If you're going to get the phase technology set up you will need the patch lead that plugs into the head phone plug on the detector if you don't already have one. Nenad (phase technology) can supply it with the wireless setup if you order it from him.

See links below.

MineLab pro sonic
http://phasetechnical.com.au/product/minelab-pro-sonic-wireless-kit/

Deteknix wireless

Sdc 2300 lead
http://phasetechnical.com.au/product/sdc2300_adaptor_lead/

Cheers. T25

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:33 pm

G'day noyungan,

Sorry about the SDC bit, as I just went down the page to your "GPZ query" thread and read that you have sold it. If you do buy a GPZ it is already set up wireless, just thought I would mention this to you. T25

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down