Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hows you year been???

+7
NeoGeo
GemQ
adrian ss
hotrob
bloodgold2
Detrackozi
Axtyr
11 posters

Go down

hows you year been??? Empty hows you year been???

Post  joe82 Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:52 am

hi all, just wondering how your detecting season has been, good great shisthouse Shocked myself have managed only 4-5oz for the year hows you year been??? Img_0911
hows you year been??? Img_1510
hows you year been??? Img_1511
hows you year been??? Img_1710

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1156
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

hows you year been??? Empty Re: hows you year been???

Post  adrian ss Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:28 pm

Purchased  some nice detectors,  Very Happy  found bugger all,  Rolling Eyes  Knees and back have self destructed  Sad  but shouldn't complain, coz I woke up this morning. Very Happy ...A hell of a lot of people didn't.  Sad  Aside from that, all is good and looking forward to 2018. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Wish everybody a Great Christmas and the best new Year ever. santa Q11

Last edited by adrian ss on Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:10 am; edited 3 times in total
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4344
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Axtyr Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:43 am

I managed about 5 grams under an ounce. Not bad considering I had a lot of time off after a hernia operation and now physio on my left shoulder. I knew that Zed was heavy.

Regards Axtyr.

Axtyr
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 846
Registration date : 2014-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:18 am

We had a good time on our usual field excursion to WA for about 5 months, nice amount of gold for the effort, Very Happy busy planning the excursion for next year. Very Happy

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  Detrackozi Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:33 am

Hi all

Had a good year on finds not as good as last year as lack of time on the field.
Biggest this year was a nice 13ozs lump and many 1 ozs plus and hundreds of smaller bit and most of those were with the 2300 .
One more trip this week before the years out and hoping for another Sov as the place I am aiming for should bave one and lots of good silvers too.
Hope to see afew more of you all out there next year so all the very best for Christmas and new year and stay safe.

Cheers
Detrack
Detrackozi
Detrackozi
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1098
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:42 am

that's good to hear (except adrians knees n back) I have one last weeklong push starting tomorrow til the big man shows lets hope theres some big nuggys to boot

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  hotrob Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:50 am

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
This is embarrassing.
Only about 10 pieces for under 5 grams Sad
But our health is good & we enjoyed every little bit we found.
Better than gold we got two beautiful grand children for the year. sunny sunny
Rob.

hotrob
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2014-12-10

Back to top Go down

hows you year been??? Empty -hows-you-year-been

Post  bloodgold2 Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:14 pm

Hey Joe, flat a strap bro Smile Hope your crew and all other members have a great xmas and all rip into it next year Very Happy Cheers from the Gold Hounds. Smile
bloodgold2
bloodgold2
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2017-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:23 am

hotrob wrote:Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
This is embarrassing.
Only about 10 pieces for under 5 grams Sad
But our health is good & we enjoyed every little bit we found.
Better than gold we got two beautiful grand children for the year. sunny sunny
Rob.
hey mate,gold is gold but grandkids Very Happy congrats to your family mate best xmas pressy ever and let the gold gods shine in 2018

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:27 am

bloodgold2 wrote:Hey Joe, flat a strap bro Smile Hope your crew and all other members have a great xmas and all rip into it next year Very Happy  Cheers from the Gold Hounds. Smile
hey man, yeah always flat as they say aint no rest for the wicked Evil or Very Mad a feeling we no all to well in the gold game, cheers for the well wishes and lets hope 2018 pumps em out all the best to you guys (and gals) have a great break and good luck for the new year,cheers joe.

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  hotrob Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:15 am

joe82 wrote
hey mate,gold is gold but grandkids Very Happy congrats to your family mate best xmas pressy ever and let the gold gods shine in 2018

That is so true mate.
And thanks for the good wishes. The same to you & yours.
Rob.

hotrob
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2014-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:16 pm

joe82 wrote:that's good to hear (except adrians knees n back) I have one last weeklong push starting tomorrow til the big man shows lets hope theres some big nuggys to boot

Had both knees injected with cortisone this morning, So that should see me through Christmas without too much moaning and groaning, which will make the missus happy. Laughing
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4344
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post  GemQ Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:37 pm

Better than last year and the year before that. A big slug is still alluding me - maybe next year. Q10
GemQ
GemQ
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2012-12-24

https://www.youtube.com/user/GemQ1?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  NeoGeo Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:02 pm

I got my new PB. A healthy 12.17 gram piece. And a total of 12 pieces for 22 grams and a beautiful speccie of .81 of a gram for the year.
Being a full time single Dad of 2. Means I don't get out that much.
But I'm happy as larry with my results.

cheers
Lee
NeoGeo
NeoGeo
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2015-05-06

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:14 am

happy wife happy life as they say Adrian Very Happy don't worrie gem I'm still waiting for her aswell I went down 500mm yesterday on the side of a quatz reef where I have pulled nuggets on the right side, I got a soft target with the 7000 in normal on the left side. it was gold alright XXXX GOLD TIN Shocked Shocked Shocked  good work on the PB neogeo something to look forward to breaking next year eh I to also have 2 young boys and no all to well how hard it can be to get out some days merry Christmas to you all,

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  kevlorraine2 Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:28 pm

gday all, yep had a happy year detecting, got more than i probably deserved Shocked they came my way consistantly during the year with the exception of the tail end, i went seven days without a sniff of gold, and on the eight day i found a .04gramm clean speck that gave me the best thrill of the year. Very Happy

i am not used to going a few days without anything, and this day really was only a compromise, as i had dug a target, was down two inches, tested the throwout pile and got a faint signal, it turned out to be the .04 nug, {could only find it when tipped onto the coil and rubbed} but the main signal was still in the hole, it was a shotgun pellet down about six inches Laughing . i will keep them no matter how small or how they come my way.

so as my technique seemed to be broken i decided to send my detector back to minelab for repairs, it needed a new screen replacement, and as the warranty runs out next march, this is a reminder to all that the three years is up then if you need to have repairs done ... kev

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Sparrowfart Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:05 pm

I did about 5 trips to Tibooburra this year for about 25 days of detecting I think. I also did a reasonable amount of detecting locally in the triangle. All up I got so far 35.5 grams. better than last year as I only got an ounce then. 32 grams. Merry Christmas all. santa
Sparrowfart
Sparrowfart
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2010-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:01 pm

G'day Joe & All,

We can't complain, as we have noticed that the Gold is getting smaller these days, but as they say All Gold is Good Gold. Very Happy

MERRY CHRISTMAS To All and a HAPPY/Prosperous NEW YEAR To All. santa rendeer

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  joe82 Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:12 am

hey mike, true that as long as its yellow, heading out again today so far 7.2gm for 2 days Very Happy all the best to you guys for the festive season I'm planning a big one for 2018 have a great break,

joe82
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  ichi-ban Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:16 am

My year has been cathartic, cleansing and purgative (hmmmm,,,,lotsa good words in there!). I've finally decided to give up serious prospecting. After 35 years of it and some good gold and really good times, I'm afraid "I'm over gold". Over it, sick of it, too old for it, bores the A*s* of me etc. But what really turned me off was the horrible realisation that over the last few years, I've been living like a fool and deceiving myself that one day I would find something really good. I never did and now I've given up thinking about it. I've finally given up second-guessing gold. But that shouldn't stop others from having that dream, just do it!

My dozer's up for sale, almost sold, I've sold the crushers and some other gear already. I have a small wet plant still out there and I'll be bringing that in next season. It's for sale if anyone is interested. All my GPX detectors have been sold but I'll keep the 7000 and the SDC for rare occasion if I ever go out to visit old mates.

There's a lot less gold around than there was back in the day and we need to walk a LOT further than we once did. But I'm too old to be putting in those miles any longer; my knees are buggered, my back's worn out, arthritis is murdering me and body strength is diminishing to much to be of any use taking a "Cruiser gearbox out on the side of the road"!! (Yep done that and worse).

However, I'll maintain my interest by continuing to support prospectors by working for APLA in Western Australia. It keeps me busy, very busy and I'll still be watching what's going on. In fact, these days I find it's more fun doing APLA than actually looking for the stuff! I know that's weird but that's life.

Good luck to you all, and don't forget - without APLA in WA we'd be like Victoria and NSW, basically buggered. "We need you and you need us"

Merry Christmas all.  santa  rendeer  rendeer  rendeer  rendeer  rendeer  rendeer  rendeer

ichi-ban
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down