Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Selling nuggets

5 posters

Go down

Selling nuggets  Empty Selling nuggets

Post  goldinthehole Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:36 pm

Hi Guys any recommendations on selling nice clean Nuggets ?

Just trying to get best price on some nice clean nuggets i have found over the years ,

Thanks

Wayne.
goldinthehole
goldinthehole
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2013-07-29

Back to top Go down

Selling nuggets  Empty Re: Selling nuggets

Post  Tributer Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:54 pm

Hi Wayne, There are some gold nugget buyers in Vic. I won't give you contact details they are easy to find out about......they will buy any nuggets over 3 ounces or smaller pieces of showy crystalline or very shapely pretty nuggets.

Otherwise you can go to a refiner like PW Beck. They will pay you spot gold price less about $50 a Troy ounce. Refining/assay cost is about $140. and you will loose about 8-10% of your parcel weight as silver and other impurities.

Ebay is a good way to go if you can set up a template and list lots of individual nuggets with ease. You must have excellent images to sell well.

cheers steve
Tributer
Tributer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1006
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  goldinthehole Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:51 pm

OK Thanks Steve

we all trying to get best price its hard to find lots of work then everyone wants it for next to nothing ,

just trying to get best bang for my buck as they say ..
got a lot of real nice small stuff 2 /3 / 4 grammers
Wayne,
goldinthehole
goldinthehole
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2013-07-29

Back to top Go down

Selling nuggets  Empty Selling Gold

Post  Col Douglas Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:09 pm

Sold some gold today to PW Beck. Have dealt with them before and found them reliable to deal with. The Head Office is in SA but they have a rep on the road in Queensland and possibly other states. Otherwise they will provide the packaging and info for you to send it yourself to SA. In Brisbane I just ring the rep and arrange a time and place to meet. Fill out the necessary paperwork etc.  Work out a price, and either lock that price in, or if you prefer use the price on the day when the gold is assayed. Weigh and exchange the gold for a receipt, and then the rep packages it and forwards it to Adelaide for assaying and refining. Refining costs depend on the quantity and quality of the product supplied. They pay for the gold and the silver (if any).

The gold buying business is getting quite competitive, and this is reflected in the improved service that PW Beck provides. The refining service they offer is now four days instead of seven, which is closer to the three-day service provided by the Perth Mint.

Below is a copy of their flyer, with more details. I have no affiliation with PW Beck at all, but simply provide this information for those members of this forum who may be interested.

Cheers,

Col

Selling nuggets  Pw_bec10

Selling nuggets  Pw_bec11

Col Douglas
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Inhere Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:37 pm

goldinthehole wrote:OK Thanks Steve

we all trying to get best price its hard to find lots of work then everyone wants it for next to nothing ,

just trying to get best bang for my buck as they say ..
got a lot of real nice small stuff 2 /3 / 4 grammers
Wayne,
Check your PM,
Inhere
Inhere
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 941
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Selling nuggets  Empty RE SELLING NUGGETS

Post  joensue Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:04 pm

HI WAYNE      GIVE ANTHONY FRASER A RING IN BENDIGO   0409 846827  DEALT WITH HIM AFEW TIMES .    GOOD TO TALK TO .CHEERS JOE Very Happy Very Happy

joensue
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2012-05-31

Back to top Go down