Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Low Volume Limit on the 7000

Go down

Low Volume Limit on the 7000 Empty Low Volume Limit on the 7000

Post  Guest Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:06 pm

Have been told by a friend I should have my Volume limit on 12 to 14 otherwise I am walking over gold with my limit on 6. I have slight Tinnitus and even though I think headphones are better to hear small nuggets/niggets, I use a speaker so big sounds go out from the speaker on my upper chest rather than a bang in my ears.

I still find very small birdshot and very small flakes of gold and have not been able to notice any difference on small signals between the 6 and 12 or 14 setting.

Appreciate comments on a setting on 6 or 8.

And from a previous thread on the subject, probably refering to a 5K or 45:

Volume Limit is exactly what it says, limits the loudness of a horse shoe when you go over it. If its set low the sound will not blow your head off, if set too high your going to know about it.
Has the same effect on soft targets. Use with caution if you suffer hearing loss, you dont want it too low in that case.
Has an effect on your threshold volume if set too low, im talking in the range of 1-2-3-4?? not all detectors will register this difference if set on the same number....best to just stand there and turn it from 1 till you find the number where the thresh changes, that will be your reference point....anything above that number will make the horseshoe louder and the softer targets as well.
Listen carefully as the change is not a big one.

Thanks

Peter

Back to top Go down

Low Volume Limit on the 7000 Empty Re: Low Volume Limit on the 7000

Post  deutran Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:30 am

Hi Peter
I know this is basically about the 7000 but my wife has just recently reduced her target vol on the 5000 considerably from about 12 to 4 over the last couple of weeks and I can say if anything her gold finds have improved so it definitely hasn't had any negative affects.She uses twin speakers no booster.Hope this helps.
Steve
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down