Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

fourth nugget ever and joins the ounce club

+3
kon61
Tributer
ttrash
7 posters

Go down

fourth nugget ever and joins the ounce club Empty fourth nugget ever and joins the ounce club

Post  deano Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:36 am

My brother rings me and says he has booked a ticket from NZ where he has lived for 10 years and wants to spend a few days detecting with our dad, bit of a bonding get away.
He has never detected before so we borrowed a minelab GPX 5000 with the Coiltek 14"elite and hit some open diggings to get used to the running of the machine and technique. a day or two of that and digging the easy sounding targets his ears tunned into the soft and mellow deeper or smaller signals, reading the sounds the machine makes and the ground variations and EMI. day two he had his first little nuggy, at 0.2 gms it was small but very happy and ready to do some serious hard yards. I recently came across a virgin patch in the middle of wooptydoo, and that where I wanted to take him, as I knew there would be some deeper pieces. It is actually a youtube link of me finding this patch that triggered him to get over as well.
We made a plan and looked at our options, so I put him over the areas I had detected but in no serious patch cleaning method. instructing him to get up close and move any sticks that might raise the coil up off the ground and circle very close to every grass and tree, he had his first piece in a couple of hours. A bit over a gram but a true positive signal he said. I must say I do like that coil! we found a couple more and after a couple of phone videos of them I thought I would leave him to it.There you go, I must have left more mate, so I go off on walkabout to see if I can expand the run of gold.
I came back a while later and ask how did you go. He dropped a 1.6 ish gram nuggy in my hand and I was so excited for him. Then he said reaching into his pocket, I also got this one !!!!
Watch the youtube and all will be revealed what he then dropped into my hand.

True beginners luck? I think more like determination and walking around a tree right next to the track where I had not been, and believing in the capabilities of these detectors and coils!
Enjoy, and If anyone would like to purchase it as it is( no acid wash) he is looking at anything over 8K. PM me if interested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acRP_FrmhHI
Deano
deano
deano
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2011-05-06

Back to top Go down

fourth nugget ever and joins the ounce club Empty Deanos brother

Post  ttrash Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:09 pm

Certainly nice bits of Gold .....! What a Face

Great results Dean ! cheers

Tell him the cheques in the mail ....Smile. & send a " replica " lol!

Well done to all
ttrash
ttrash
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2011-11-20

Back to top Go down

fourth nugget ever and joins the ounce club Empty Re: fourth nugget ever and joins the ounce club

Post  deano Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:21 pm

After moulding a couple of nuggets over the 100oz in recent times its not quite up there making a replica of 5oz. But it will be done for my bro and me as it was such an exciting moment., beats a simple photo. Also the museum is very interested in continuing the records of the gold nuggets list of victoria so I will cast one for them. It stopped in the 1950's and would be great to continue for our future . Exact locations are not required, but general locations woild be. ie Maryborough East. Or wedderburn south etc. There were many nuggets detected in the 1980's and 90's that might still be in peoples collections. If I can mould them for replicating before selling, then one replica from the mould could be put in Museum collections to continue a historical record of victorian gold nuggets.
My bro has gold fever now, but lives on the nth island of NZ where not a lot of nugget country is I think. Better keep a couple out here for him when he returns.
deano
deano
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

fourth nugget ever and joins the ounce club Empty Re: fourth nugget ever and joins the ounce club

Post  Tributer Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:57 pm

Congratulations to your bro Deano. Great video and obviously a very good day. I would spend a week gridding that few acres......before easter Very Happy
cheers Tributer
Tributer
Tributer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1006
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:30 pm

Q40 cheers Nice slug of gold & bits of colour. Well done to both of you Deano. cheers

Cheers Kon. Q11
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  MTB Digger Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:39 am

Sensational find, still yet to break the ounce club!
MTB Digger
MTB Digger
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2012-05-14

http://www.imging.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:50 am

Well done Dean and to your Brother. Guys it is a very nice find and well worth the money, as I was handling it only a few days ago. Great vid Dean and thanks for sharing.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Imadogman Fri May 05, 2017 6:14 pm

Maybe it is genetic and you will find a nice one now!!
Imadogman
Imadogman
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

fourth nugget ever and joins the ounce club Empty Fourth Nugget and Joins the ounce club..

Post  Eureka Dreams Sat May 06, 2017 1:02 pm

What a great slug of gold cheers congratulations to your brother joining the Ounce Club..for many of us that love of our detecting and finding any size gold is still exciting,but a rarer slug find..now that always keeps the dream alive Smile Well i will just keep swinging..

Enjoyed the video too..thanks.
Cheers
Eureka Dreams

Eureka Dreams
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2016-07-13

Back to top Go down

fourth nugget ever and joins the ounce club Empty youtube of the nugget

Post  deano Wed May 24, 2017 8:44 pm

My brother as you could imagine has prospecting fever. he wants to sell the nugget so I made a little youtube video of it. (yep, he left it here with me, to make a replica for him mainly)
If you know anyone serious enough to buy it so he can come back over with his family and spend more time with us back in AUS, then please pass it on before it is offered for sale elsewhere. As you may know coiltek chose the story as the latest discoveries winner, that is why you will see me in my youtube using a new coil from them after negotiating an 18" elite coil. I am very impressed with it after my one outing with it, and I will share with you my outings and settings where I can.
Anyway here is a link to the youtube. https://youtu.be/rPBag8Tj1xQ

Cheers
Deano

deano
deano
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down