Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

High Country Victoria

2 posters

Go down

High Country Victoria Empty High Country Victoria

Post  Filthgrinder Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:34 pm

Hey guys, we are currently planning a bit of a fly fishing/camping trip from Jamieson to Grant Historic area then down to Dargo, Im having trouble finding places that I could legally detect on my trip, it seems sad being in the mountains and not being able to have a detect but would this be the case? There seems to be a little bit of crown land right around Dargo (though it appears most of the rivers are no go zones too), but not much in between?
Also is it okay to search for coins & relics in the National parks instead of gold or no detecting at all? Sorry if these are silly questions I have only been out once Smile
Thanks
Ian

Filthgrinder
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2017-02-24

Back to top Go down

High Country Victoria Empty Re: High Country Victoria

Post  kon61 Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:56 pm

G'day Ian

Parks Victoria in charge of the district you intend prospecting in would be the best people to ask. I'm sure they'd be able to tell you where you're allowed to go detecting/prospecting in & for what. Natural gold nuggets is the one you are most likely allowed to find & keep. Coins/Artefacts/relics depend on age, as to whether or not you can keep them or belong to the Crown.  

Cheers Kon. Q11
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down