Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Rules coming from Biodiversity and Native Vegetation.

+15
Kon61gold
dougy
hapalogh
gollstar
determined1
rowdy
Grandfather Johnson
big fella
Harb
Inhere
Liquid Gold
Axtyr
ozgold 041
golden oldy
Wantmoregold
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

New Rules coming from Biodiversity and Native Vegetation. - Page 3 Empty Re: New Rules coming from Biodiversity and Native Vegetation.

Post  Guest Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:15 am

Q33 I'm trying to get confirmation from all Councils about what we can and can not do in the bush, including prospecting if this World Heritage this come in to play.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

New Rules coming from Biodiversity and Native Vegetation. - Page 3 Empty Re: New Rules coming from Biodiversity and Native Vegetation.

Post  moredeep Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:51 pm

I'll think they'll ban leap frog and tiddly winks as well,won't be able to do diddly squat Mad
Be interesting to see what their take is?
Thanks for asking Wombat.

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Number of posts : 1861
Registration date : 2018-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:19 am

I've got a meeting next week with both Ballarat and Bendigo Council at the same time to discuss our concerns. And to see where they are sitting right now with World Heritage.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:26 am

It will be very interesting to see who is behind pushing these councils for this world heritage status? VEAC???
A member from VEAC once said to me that one of the reasons they are wanting to lock down the bush is because of the massive migration into this state ,ie Melbourne ,approx 3500 per week moving into the city.This is causing huge land clearing out in the back blocks,once prime farming and veggie growing area's now sprawling suburbs.
With this out of control policy people are wanting to escape the city for their weekend and holidays ,and guess what most of them do ,escape to the country/bush
So my theory is simple Wombat, VEAC in collusion with the state and councils along with a push from politicians and lawyers supporting the indigenous push for land rights,this is a three pronged attack on bush users and country people, are we stuffed???? or we are stuffed????
As has been discussed before, most councils are only interested in bringing in tourists to their towns for the mighty dollar.
Good luck WOMBAT and thanks.

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:12 am

Thanks for the reply moredeep. A part of what you have said could be true, if you read the VEAC final recommendations, as they do mention the greater influx of people coming to the bush, is putting greater pressure on the ecosystem and the bush environment. It also mentions about how big Cities are expanding at a great rate and putting more pressure on rural areas. I will ask these questions and more. I won't be alone at this meeting. There will be one other there as well asking a lot of questions.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  moredeep Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:24 am

Hi Wombat,as Iv'e stated many times in the past,the tommy tourist mainly go to the tourist towns,walk around the streets with the kids licking an ice cream,they visit the main attractions.
They rarely go bush in their family car and as someone said, "I doubt that we'll see large tourist buses cruising around Havelock or paddy's ranges"[might have been you Laughing ]
I think it's a case of the councils wanting to big note themselves so they can put a "feather in their cap"
I for one will still prospect regardless of the law,I will remove or cover my number plates,refuse to give my name or address and refuse to pay any fines.
I'm happy to go to the already over crowded jails and get a free education Laughing Laughing

cheers moredeep
moredeep
moredeep
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  lam Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:38 am

I've read this tread several times and I can't get this rules. For what reason they were created and accepted?!

lam
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2019-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:10 am

Last Tuesday night the Central Goldfield Branch of the PMAV had a public meeting at the Maryborough Highland Club with Trevor Budge, Manager of the Regional Sustainable Development for the City of Greater Bendigo. And Susan Fayad from the Ballarat City Council also Noel Harvey from the Maryborough Council.  Except for Noel Harvey these people are the ones that are working behind the scenes to try and create the World Heritage for the region of Central Victoria. There plan is to get already listed heritage buildings and some goldfield, like the Garfield Wheel site in Castlemaine a World Heritage listing. They are only interested in places that already have a listing on it and not to create new ones. This then they hope will create more tourists to the region. There will be a map of the region with towns marked where there is a World Heritage building or site on it. They don't just want tour buses going to the major regional cities like Ballarat & Bendigo, look around and just head back to Melb. Even though Bendigo and Ballarat will be listed on the map. But more so for the smaller towns within the regions. They hope this will create more tourist driving around to come to and stay within these areas to spend money and not just to look and experience the architectural heritage listed building of the gold rush of the 1850' and 60's. But also the later buildings that don't have a heritage listing on them but still fit into the framework of the overall goldfields.
In regards to our goldfields themselves. They do not, and will not stop people from using these areas to go prospecting in. As they say it is a living heritage and should be used for that purpose by all people that come to the Goldfield, tourists and locals alike.
We did mention about the VEAC report and the Aboriginal influence within the region and the effect it will have on the goldfields and possibly their future plans. They did not say to much about that. But to say they will take that into account. And it is a State issue and theirs is a local government issue. But we did push it hard explaining if the VEAC report gets through it may have a devastating effect on their plans. They also assured us that their plans may not coming into effect for another 5 years plus, as they still have a long way to go. They are still working out the building and the site that they hope to try and get a world listing on. I suggested that the Eureka site should be one of the sites to be World Heritage Listed as it is the place where Australia Democracy was fought for and won.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3