Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PMAV Protest Rally Over Proposed Goldfield Parks

5 posters

Go down

PMAV Protest Rally Over Proposed Goldfield Parks Empty PMAV Protest Rally Over Proposed Goldfield Parks

Post  Guest Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:13 pm

Urgent Call to Action.
The PMAV is holding a protest meeting against the proposed new parks in the goldfields.
All those who can, please rally outside the Avoca Bakery at 11am this Thursday 17th November.
We need a good attendance so please bring friends and family.

We have only until 2nd of December to show the Andrews Government that we don't want more Parks in our Goldfields that could shut out prospecting in some of the best goldfields in the world. So please come and show your support. Remember it's your bush and your prospecting that is in jeopardy.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

PMAV Protest Rally Over Proposed Goldfield Parks Empty Re: PMAV Protest Rally Over Proposed Goldfield Parks

Post  GPZhunter Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:58 pm

So what is the significance of the 2nd of December.
Is that the date new restrictions that are placed on areas we can now prospect?

Its a real shame its mid week as Melbourne based prospectors who have to work a job in the city will not be able to attend. Crying or Very sad

GPZhunter
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2015-02-09

Back to top Go down

PMAV Protest Rally Over Proposed Goldfield Parks Empty Re: PMAV Protest Rally Over Proposed Goldfield Parks

Post  wacazac Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:04 pm

If this could be put off until the w/e you'd get a better response, if you can't, don't let the media know about it coz if you only get 3 or 4 people the Gov. will take the attitude that we don't care and go ahead with their plans. If it can be put on a w/e you can always organize a renta crowd like most of the protest groups do and then invite the media
cheers Keith

wacazac
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Grandfather Johnson Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:11 pm

G'day Bill, Count me in I will see you around eleven. Cheers Bruce

Grandfather Johnson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:43 am

I know guys what you are saying about it should be held on the weekend. Don't worry I'm sure there will be another one held over a weekend at some stage, some where. This one is only to get photos of a group of people attending a meeting and then a write up that we are doing (PMAV) then this is going to be submitted to all the local news papers. We also will be going around to all the local business, Caravan parks, bakeries, fuel stations, hotels to get there comments who these parks could effect there business if prospecting was stopped in these areas. We must get all this done ASAP as the 2nd of Dec is the cut off date for submissions to be put in to VEAC
Some councils don't even know these Parks could be happening around their area. A few weeks ago even the Ripon MP Louise Staley (who area this effects) did not know about it. This is how shifty this Andrews Government is. The PMAV had a meeting with her yesterday.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  determined1 Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:23 am

Hi Wombat.

Might I suggest that you put a post in the General section referring to this as I think a lot of members might miss the topic until it is too late.

Determined1

determined1
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2013-03-27

Back to top Go down

PMAV Protest Rally Over Proposed Goldfield Parks Empty parks

Post  kanga1934 Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:37 pm

could someone tell where i can read about the new parks they want make in the vic gold fields i will be seeing our local member on monday and want to have my facts right kanga 1934

kanga1934
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-11-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:16 pm

kanga1934 wrote:could someone tell where i can read about the new parks they want make in the vic gold fields  i will be seeing our local member on monday  and want to have my facts right   kanga 1934

G'day Kang1934 (Len),

Bill (wombat) had a map at our Central Gold Feilds Branch meeting last week and there are 3 areas that they are looking at for the NEW PROPOSED PARKS.   I think you need to get in contact with him.

PS these areas when you join them up will take up nearly a third of the Golden Triangle, so it doesn't look good for us prospectors.

Cheers.

Mike.

Last edited by Mike54 on Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add more info.)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:40 pm

http://delwp.vic.gov.au/parks-forests-and-crown-land/managing-land/victorian-environmental-assessment-council

PMAV Protest Rally Over Proposed Goldfield Parks Image11

This map shows area's involved..
All of the goldfields
Daylesford, Beaufort, St Arnaud, Avoca, Wellsford Forest

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum