Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My next adventure...

+3
Imadogman
goldrat
NeoGeo
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My next adventure... - Page 2 Empty Re: My next adventure...

Post  hugh62 Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:07 pm

affraid  Incredible mate , i'm truly stunned ! Welcome to the forum .Have they been enhanced at all ,or is that they way they came out ,they just seem picture perfect scratch I usually have to delete 75% of my photos Razz
hugh62
hugh62
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 363
Registration date : 2014-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Tailor marc Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:56 am

pablop wrote:Marc, I hope it is not the case, but it is likely that there is much more "gold" in your photographs than you are likely find chasing the elusive gold metal.  

I hope you find some though and I am sure that there are several people on the forum who would be more than a bit interested in what cameras lenses and processes, that you use to create such art.

haha tanks Rob, yep i have made some cash of my work but just hope to come across even some very fine gold. Thrill of the chase SmileSmile

Yep always happy to offer photography advise to anyone wanting to know.
My camera gear is as follows...
Canon 5dii
Canon 17-40L
Canon 100-400L telephoto
Samyang 14MM F2.8 prime suoer wideangle with Samyang filter holder and Cokin grad
Lee filters (Graduated and lee big stopper)
I use photoshop and lightroom with nik software add on's
The drone i use is a DJI Phantom 3 advanced. Hope to step up to the inspire 1 with X5 camera as soon as i find a big nugget

Tailor marc
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2016-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Tailor marc Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:59 am

hugh62 wrote:affraid  Incredible mate , i'm truly stunned ! Welcome to the forum .Have they been enhanced at all ,or is that they way they came out ,they just seem picture perfect scratch I usually have to delete 75% of my photos Razz

I must admit i take alot of photos and alot get deleted and i keep at a project until i nail it even if it takes me years of going back.
Yep i have enhanced them, A little sharpening, contrast, slight saturation. I try not to go to overboard but some people that buy my work love the look of composits etc. I like the true to eye look but clean and sharp

Tailor marc
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  pablop Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:41 pm

A good range of gear to work with Marc.  I must admit that I also take lots and just pick the best ones, but have never come close to creating the true art that you have achieved.  

My main camera is also a Canon (70D), but for lenses they are a mixed bag -
Tamron 18-270
Sigma 150-500 telephoto
Tamron Macro 90mm 1:2.8
No Wide angle yet and no drone.

I haven't used photo-shop, as although I know that I could improve things as bit, I don't have that motivation or patience, as I am mainly trying to capture a moment during my travels, rather than trying to create great art as you have.  If I don't get something ok, using a range of lenses and lens settings, then so be it.  I mainly work with the Tamron 18-270 as it gives a reasonable scope to work with, but the telephoto comes in handy as well.

Keep up the good work and I hope that you find a nice nugget to help expand your photography hardware list.
pablop
pablop
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2015-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Tailor marc Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:19 pm

pablop wrote:A good range of gear to work with Marc.  I must admit that I also take lots and just pick the best ones, but have never come close to creating the true art that you have achieved.  

My main camera is also a Canon (70D), but for lenses they are a mixed bag -
Tamron 18-270
Sigma 150-500 telephoto
Tamron Macro 90mm 1:2.8
No Wide angle yet and no drone.

I haven't used photo-shop, as although I know that I could improve things as bit, I don't have that motivation or patience, as I am mainly trying to capture a moment during my travels, rather than trying to create great art as you have.  If I don't get something ok, using a range of lenses and lens settings, then so be it.  I mainly work with the Tamron 18-270 as it gives a reasonable scope to work with, but the telephoto comes in handy as well.

Keep up the good work and I hope that you find a nice nugget to help expand your photography hardware list.

Thanks mate. I used to have more equipment but norrowed alot down. Also had gopro's etc
Nice setup you have there too! Look into the Samyang 14mm F2.8 Its unreal! As sharp if not sharper than any Canon wide angle and half the price! Less than $500
I learn all my photoshop stuff from youtube tutorials Smile Im still not too clued up

Tailor marc
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  pablop Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:52 pm

Thanks Marc, I will look into the Samyang wide angle (less than $400 online), but may not be for a couple of months and I prefer working with a local camera shop.
pablop
pablop
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2015-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Tailor marc Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:57 pm

yep me too. Always support my local shop but i couldnt afford the 16-35mm f2.8 and the 88mm filter kit for it:(

Tailor marc
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Tailor marc Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:27 pm

Well i went out to Toodyay yesterday and the water was as high if not higer. I climbed a hilll on crown land and followed and small run off down to a creek. I done a single pan and found about 5 flakes of gold. Nothing worth doing a new post for but shows im on grown where there must be more Smile That was from a single pan

Tailor marc
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:20 pm

Tailor marc wrote:Well i went out to Toodyay yesterday and the water was as high if not higer. I climbed a hilll on crown land and followed and small run off down to a creek. I done a single pan and found about 5 flakes of gold. Nothing worth doing a new post for but shows im on grown where there must be more Smile That was from a single pan

Well you are onto the right area
V06 where there are flakes of gold, there must be some bigger ones, hiding about!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:53 am

That is a great way to start your new hobby there Marc, colour in the first pan.   T06   I would say you are onto a very good area to have some good colours.  I would be checking them to see how rough they look under a loop.   You maybe not to far from the source if your flakes are rough looking.    T10  

Cheers.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tailor marc Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:59 am

Thanks guys, yep i used a loop and also a led 100x hand held microscope. Very very coarse! Cant wait to go back and pan + chip around the same area!

Tailor marc
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2