Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Central Branch Field Trip.

Go down

Central Branch Field Trip. Empty Central Branch Field Trip.

Post  Guest Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:10 pm

Despite the weather of rain (of & on) and cold we had 16 members turning up including one guest. I took them to a spot just south of Talbot called The Sorensens Bushland Reserve, a part of Long Gully. It was a big goldfield in it's hay day and well worked then, and even now with detector operators. This may be the reason why there was only 11 very small nuggets found by only 5 people and mainly with SDC2300's. We got together at 9.30 and worked to about 4pm with some of us heading home earlier because of other commitments. It was a great turn out and everyone was saying that they had a good time and all enjoyed working a goldfield that they hadn't been to before.
Next month I'm hoping that the weather will be a lot better than today, as I'm hoping to take the crew to another spot that has been hit many times before with detectors but gold is till coming out.
wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Central Branch Field Trip. Empty Re: Central Branch Field Trip.

Post  Guest Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:50 pm

Sounds like you all had a good time.. Well the ones using thier sdc2300's  did. Laughing

So no point going to The Sorensens Bushland Reserve..
Its been done to death now Very Happy  i guess..
If not, soon will be Laughing

Back to top Go down

Central Branch Field Trip. Empty Re: Central Branch Field Trip.

Post  THE BACKHOE Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:56 pm

Thanks for the invite bill i had a great day and got to meet some interesting people
See you on the gold fields
THE BACKHOE
THE BACKHOE
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2016-08-26

Back to top Go down