Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flora and Fauna Reserves

4 posters

Go down

Flora and Fauna Reserves Empty Flora and Fauna Reserves

Post  HueyDuck Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:43 pm

Hi All,

Could someone please tell me if you can detect Flora and Fauna Reserves especially Wychitella and Tarnagulla Flora and Fauna Reserves because i have no idea and there are a few dotted around country towns as well....thanks for your help....

HueyDuck.......
HueyDuck
HueyDuck
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2010-04-19

Back to top Go down

Flora and Fauna Reserves Empty Re: Flora and Fauna Reserves

Post  kon61 Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:52 pm

G'day HueyDuck.

I suggest you contact The Department Of Sustainability and Environment,which also list the various country town office locations and areas you intend to prospect in. P.H 136 186. I'm quite sure they'll be more than able to help you with current laws that govern Flora and Fauna Reserves.

Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  HueyDuck Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:05 pm

Thanks Kon61, I will give them a ring.....really appreciate the feedback and phone number... Very Happy

Cheers HueyDuck........
HueyDuck
HueyDuck
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Flora and Fauna Reserves Empty detecting in fauna and flora reserves....

Post  onebob Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:29 pm

I'd be interested in the official response too, my feeling is it would be digging that would be prohibited so if you carry a detector in there don't take a digging tool with you. A boot scrape you might get away with ..... but let's see what DSE says.

onebob
onebob
onebob
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post  HueyDuck Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:56 pm

hi onebob,....Correct on that one....i dont want to be seen doing the wrong thing, i think of others too, that i mean detectorists...wouldnt want to do anything wrong...we have to look after each other and besides i like to gather the correct information before i launch into an unknown part of victoria....I will ring them and keep you posted....Cheers...

HueyDuck..... Very Happy
HueyDuck
HueyDuck
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:48 am

G'day Guys.

Huey&Onebob; Thats the reason why we do our homework and get our facts right before we enter
any land for the purpose of fossiking for minerals.Ive been caught in the same
predicament on more than one occasion,ie,not sure if ive crossed over any boundry
into National park or private land,flora and fauna included,etc. A dead give a way is
when i get this gut wrenching feeling whilst swinging a coil and with every three steps
forward,the head and neck starts turning,by itself in a 360 degree circle,(you know,
just like Linda Blair in the Exorcist) looking around for any signs of a Ranger,that's when
i know its time to move on.
Cheers kon61.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  HueyDuck Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:40 pm

Kon61 and Onebob,

Three phone calls later this morning and the D.S.E told me that you have to get permission from the Crown Land Manager in that area or any individual area.....I was also told that Whychitella and Tarnagulla flora and fauna reserves you cannot detect on scratch gee its confusing.....ok im going to stick to dedicated areas that Parks have allowed us to detect on cos its too much of a grey area...ok fellas looks like im back to the study of more areas we are allowed to go on....keep safe...... and appreciate the input.....

HueyDuck......
HueyDuck
HueyDuck
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  gollstar Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:27 pm

Its good that you did the right thing and rang up the departments, i think the go is you can detect or hunt on any unreserved crown land, so if it says reserve then its out, ive found myself in a historic reserve before and didnt think much of it at the time, there was junk and crap all over the place, motor bikes had been through there, people had dumped piles of rubbish, shooters had been target shooting there, the place didnt look like it was well looked after at all, the only bush user that would leave the least foot print would be gold prospectors and it was a reserve for a mine site so out of everyone i would have the most respect for its historical importance,
gollstar
gollstar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 697
Registration date : 2009-04-15

Back to top Go down