Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exploration License, Tenement searching...

3 posters

Go down

Exploration License, Tenement searching... Empty Exploration License, Tenement searching...

Post  Commander_Krill Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:27 pm

Hi all

I'm new to prospection and rock hounding and trying to do as much research as possible so I don't wonder around too much.

I would love a simple map with a big X on it, but that would be too simple.
Im slowly piecing together Victorian Mining maps and trying to use some government websites to add more data and details into where mines are, were and who may or may not own them.

(1 example of a site I found for tenements)
energyandresources.vic.gov.au/earth-resources/maps-reports-and-data/mining-licences-near-me

Searching here I find there are quite a few EL's (Exploration License's) they even give info on the company, now some of these areas cover whole towns like Beechworth.

EL5418 - The licence holder can explore for minerals in the licence area
MIN5428 - The licence holder has the rights to any mineral resource in the licence area, but cannot commence mining until a work plan is developed and approved.

I guess the mine was approved as the images show a large pit.
This site gives very basic info

As a simple prospector, can I prospect on someone elses EL area?

I know of Geovic and until I get a handle on it, is very confusing to try and learn who may or may not own or has the right to prospect/mine.
Is this a site I should try to learn better to use?

How do I search or find the following and preferable with Google Earth Overlays.
Old mines
Previous/Current Owners
Land type, eg Crown land, non prospecting, restricted, puclic

I hope Im not asking to much, there are links on this site(golddetecting.forumotion.net) that are years old and don't work for Map overlays by Detrackozi.

Grant

Commander_Krill
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2016-06-24

Back to top Go down

Exploration License, Tenement searching... Empty Re: Exploration License, Tenement searching...

Post  Nightjar Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:54 am

Welcome Grant,
If you type your questions in to the "search" box I'm sure you will find answers to most. A lot of hard yards have been put in by many members who have collated this valuable information and shared it here. Nothing comes easy.
BTW we "fossick" in Australia, "rock hounding" is for US & Canada.
Also if you get interested we us "dry blowers" not "dry washers" in Australia.
Am very pedantic when it comes to anything Australian. Very Happy

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Exploration License, Tenement searching... Empty Re: Exploration License, Tenement searching...

Post  Commander_Krill Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:53 am

Hi Guys/ladies

Seriously just asking to be pointed in the right direction.
Can ANYONE Help?

Nightjar wrote:Welcome Grant,
If you type your questions in to the "search" box I'm sure you will find answers to most.
I've done that extensively.
The search engine seems limited
Things I cant seem to do are booleen search, exact phrase searches.
The items it did find, one of which was from a government dept that no longer exists.

Items that are relevant to my search would be great if I lived in WA, there government
has bent over backwards with there tenegraph system. I would like to use such a system for Vic. Is there one?

Below these items no longer are relevant

Re: Mining lease question
Post  Gold Miner on Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:26 am
Here's some info:
lexisnexis.com.au/pdf/tenements%20and%20titles.pdf
ret.gov.au/resources/Documents/Minerals%20and%20Petroleum%20Exploration/Guide_for_%20Investors_9OnshoreLegislation.pdf"

I am after Research material, I would love to know, where to goto to find historical mining data for Victoria.
Can anyone help?

A lot of hard yards have been put in by many members who have collated this valuable information and shared it here. Nothing comes easy.
Damn right and I appreciate the information I have found so far, point me to the forum or website or library for the information I am seeking please.

I have search these forums and cannot find the exact info I am after

BTW we "fossick" in Australia, "rock hounding" is for US & Canada.
Also if you get interested we us "dry blowers" not "dry washers" in Australia.
Am very pedantic when it comes to anything Australian. Very Happy

I am new to this field and am interested in doing my own research and would appreciate more info then your correct vernacular!
Can you help?

Nightjar, you are a very long term user.
Point me in the right direction please.

Commander_Krill
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:20 am

Grant,
Believe the lack of response to your questions is due to the amount of times this has happened. This site is filled with information pertaining to every aspect world wide, you just need to do your own searches and not have it handed to you.

Having said that, try here.  Very Happy    

http://trove.nla.gov.au/work/31587048?selectedversion=NBD43025548

http://trove.nla.gov.au/result?l-format=Article%2FReport&q=gold+mining+in+Victoria

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Post  Commander_Krill Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:04 am

Awesome info.

Thank you

Commander_Krill
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  geof_junk Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:49 pm

Grant got your message and have replied.

Link for Vic Mines
geof_junk
geof_junk
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 935
Registration date : 2008-11-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Commander_Krill Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:56 pm

Cheers

Commander_Krill
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down