Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Searching new areas

2 posters

Go down

Searching new areas Empty Searching new areas

Post  Moey Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:35 am

Hi all, Just wondering if its worth while to search areas not known for previous gold finds or is it just a waste of time?
Moey
Moey
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2013-04-21

Back to top Go down

Searching new areas Empty Re: Searching new areas

Post  Guest Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:55 am

Hi Moey more than likely a waist of time as most areas now have been checked to see what minerals they contain. But in saying that I would look in areas that are know to have held gold deposits but look for locations were the old times may not have looked or areas that they thought that it did not hold payable gold for their effits. This is the areas were a lot of good gold is now coming out off.

wombat Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:03 am

Hi Moey, I respectfully disagree with Wombat, it really depends on where your talking about and how far you intend to range, there are surely undiscoverd areas yet to be found all over Australia, there are more areas without names or long since forgotten than there are known locations, it's a huge country and there will surely be some small unknown deposits in between the well known areas,eternal optimism is what keeps a prospector going.

Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Searching new areas Empty Thanks

Post  Moey Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:29 am

Thanks for your feed back
Moey
Moey
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2013-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:29 am

Digginerup wrote:Hi Moey, I respectfully disagree with Wombat, it really depends on where your talking about and how far you intend to range, there are surely undiscoverd areas yet to be found all over Australia, there are more areas without names or long since forgotten than there are known locations, it's a huge country and there will surely be some small unknown deposits in between the well known areas,eternal optimism is what keeps a prospector going.

Wayne. cheers
spot on digginerup, we found an area last year that held great gold, this spot was an area that wasn't marked on maps it was just a forgotten area... the bush is a big area and i would say there will be heaps of areas as yet to be found... as i say if something catches your eye go and try it...
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:49 am

G'day Moey, I remember reading in the GG&T awhile ago about two prospectors heading over to WA and they saw some interesting ground. This area was not anywhere near a known gold field, but they found a lot of gold in this area and they even found the source. I can't remember the exact amount of gold these guys got, but it was in the 100+oz's. I think they even got a Geo friend to come out and help them to work out the area. I hope there is another member out there who may remember this story as well. Yes they had photos of all the gold they found as well and it was very impressive. Shocked

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down