Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Found my 7000 tunes & balances to a hum late at night at a few spots

+2
Ash100456
Tributer
6 posters

Go down

Found my 7000 tunes & balances to a hum late at night at a few spots Empty Found my 7000 tunes & balances to a hum late at night at a few spots

Post  Tributer Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:59 pm

Went out for 8 days detecting to sites with different ground types (away from built up areas). I did some night detecting and found that when I tuned and balanced the detector after about 8pm it ran very very quite in many locations, better then it did in the same location tuned and balanced in daylight. I turned it on next morning on the same spots and left the tune and balance alone and it also appeared to run quieter (not as quiet as the night before though).

Detectors nearly always run quieter late at night in many locations in my experience, but in this case the improvement was great. I have had some good successes looking for deep gold late at night with the 4500 and I will try the Zed out on old deep patches late at night as I get back to them.

I don't know why the machine runs quieter late at night, maybe lower temps lessening ground noise generated compared to when the ground is warm?, no EMI from sun, less human generated signals/EMI?, but I am sure they run quieter

Wondering if any other Zed owners have noticed a good improvement in stability late at night?......or perhaps you can try it ..and tell me I'm dreaming.
cheers Tributer
Tributer
Tributer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1006
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Found my 7000 tunes & balances to a hum late at night at a few spots Empty Re: Found my 7000 tunes & balances to a hum late at night at a few spots

Post  Ash100456 Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:22 pm

Hey Tributer, Great Topic and I will follow this and see what others have found.
I haven't tried night detecting with the Zed as yet but will be very shortly, I have noticed that the Zed runs very quiet and stable late in the day ( just before dark ) and early in the mornings ( suppose just like what the 5000 did ) 

cheers
Ashley

Last edited by Ash100456 on Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added mornings & 5000 reference)
Ash100456
Ash100456
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Found my 7000 tunes & balances to a hum late at night at a few spots Empty Re: Found my 7000 tunes & balances to a hum late at night at a few spots

Post  Redfin Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:47 pm

Interesting, we get out at the other end of the day, trying to be in place when the sun pokes its head up.
We have found all ML machines we have had run very smoothly in the morning, and as the day progresses, they get a tad more
erratic.
Haven't tried night, perhaps we should.
Redfin
Redfin
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2013-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:08 pm

I don't know you guys, but I prefer to sleep in the night, I am happy the way my Zed perform during the day, I prefer to keep this as an hobby and my hobbies don't keep me awake in the night.
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post  kevlorraine2 Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:22 pm

i found my best nuggets early in the morning, maybe just me being as fresh as from a good nights dreaming of big ones.

i crossed another item off my bucket list last full moon, i found two tiddlers by moonlight, first ever ... kev

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldHound Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:33 pm

Detecting at night is always quieter as the sun's energy (photons, electrons, ect) puts various charges in the soil, certain ground types except more charge or convert the photons to electrons or magnetism and are a lot noisier in the day time.
I've even got a couple of spots that are undetectable in the day time but no problem about 2hrs after the sun goes down.
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2014-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash100456 Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:15 am

Thanks Goldhound for chining in with that info, Makes sense.
Hadn't thought about the idea of re-visiting some of the really bad spots of a night time, will give it a go next time.
Cheers
Ashley
Ash100456
Ash100456
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldHound Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:25 pm

Ash100456 wrote:Thanks Goldhound for chining in with that info, Makes sense.
Hadn't thought about the idea of re-visiting some of the really bad spots of a night time, will give it a go next time.
Cheers
Ashley

No worries Ash
The ground is full of various minerals and mineral salts and it can act like a solar panel.
The effect of ground noise and emi can sometimes be worse on cloudy/overcast days, I believe that the clouds trap the solar energy underneath just like they trap heat.
Any one else notice that days that are hot and overcast or have heat haze are nearly always bad emi/ground noise days?
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2014-01-06

Back to top Go down