Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey All new to the forum

Go down

Hey All new to the forum Empty Hey All new to the forum

Post  GoldTarget Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:05 pm

After considerable time I decided to sign up. Some of you may recognize me from other parts. For the rest some brief background. Long time alluvial washer, and up until recently most of my time has been spent using equipment suited to this type of prospecting. Accomplished in highbanking and panning and have a custom trommel. Spent many hours on many configurations. Hopefully along the way I can impart some of what I have learnt and add to discussions about the dark arts of alluvial.

I swing a Fisher F75 coin shooting which I enjoy immensely and find a good challenge when time does not permit me on the Goldfields.

I have recently defected to the dark side and become a not so newbie swinging a Minelab GP 3000. This has been by far my greatest challenge and gives the back a good rest. I have come here to share and exchange experiences and info with others outside my regular circle. Hopefully a good fit for both sides! Look forward to fitting in and contributing. Cheers GT.

GoldTarget
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2015-06-08

Back to top Go down

Hey All new to the forum Empty Re: Hey All new to the forum

Post  Guest Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:03 pm

Welcome to the forum GoldTarget.

Hope you enjoy your GP3000.
Was my first detector and good one to start with for me.

Wish you success with it and enjoy the forum.

GoldEN

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldTarget Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:22 pm

Thanks for your welcome. I settled on the GP as a starter to get me out and learning. I'm not expecting any miracles and see it as learning process that will with a bit of luck and time show some results.
Any advice from previous or current owners welcome and appreciated I've tried to get as much info on the machine and general detecting as possible and that is one of the main reasons I joined up here, some very handy members that seem to have a degree of success.

The nearest gold fields are only a short distance making the pursuit even more alluring.

GoldTarget
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:33 pm

Little bit of reading here will give you some idea:

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net/f26-gp-series

2 main things with any detector:

go slow/low and dig everything.

GoldEN

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldTarget Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:35 am

Thanks for the link. Yes sir good advice, investigate everything, I have the prospector pan filling with junk and lead from every outing. I think this is where my coin shooting comes in, I like to ensure the ground is free of everything so I can come back and not bother with a re dig. Was running a 15x12 commander mono gave me a few deeper ones to dig over the weekend which would make it hard on myself if I left the non gold targets there.

Again thanks for the help and guidance.

GoldTarget
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down