Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Small Fragments - Pink Quartz / Red / Iron - Worth going back or not?

Go down

Small Fragments - Pink Quartz / Red / Iron - Worth going back or not? Empty Small Fragments - Pink Quartz / Red / Iron - Worth going back or not?

Post  mykey4u Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:59 pm

Hello fellow prospectors!

i found a spot with a small running creek that runs off a main river! i decided to take a sample bucket home from about a foot down where the heavier material found its resting place.. as i didn't have time to pan the area thoroughly..

After coming home i panned out most of the heavies, classified the material and then used my blue bowl to get me down to what i needed to see.. sadly no gold but i found plenty of pink quartz, red garnet looking gems (possibly dark red quartz), black sand & heavy iron rock...

Now my question is after seeing the final result of the sample bucket is it worth to go back and this time go a little deeper? maybe 2 - 3 foot?

What do you guys think?

Thanks

mykey4u

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2015-04-28

Back to top Go down

Small Fragments - Pink Quartz / Red / Iron - Worth going back or not? Empty Re: Small Fragments - Pink Quartz / Red / Iron - Worth going back or not?

Post  Guest Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:03 am

Its always at the bottom.

Back to top Go down