Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Link showing a Minelab Vid GPZ 7000 Gold Mode

+2
Redfin
rc62burke
6 posters

Go down

Link showing a Minelab Vid GPZ 7000 Gold Mode  Empty Link showing a Minelab Vid GPZ 7000 Gold Mode

Post  rc62burke Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:43 pm

Hi All
A link that you should have a look at.
http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/826-minelab-video-gpz-7000-gold-mode/

I do not know why I as a non GPZ7000 owner am the one that brings these vids here??? Rolling Eyes
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Link showing a Minelab Vid GPZ 7000 Gold Mode  Empty Re: Link showing a Minelab Vid GPZ 7000 Gold Mode

Post  Guest Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:06 pm

Because your a sharing & caring type of guy Lee Laughing
http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/827-minelab-video-gpz-7000-ground-type
Ground type vid

Back to top Go down

Link showing a Minelab Vid GPZ 7000 Gold Mode  Empty Re: Link showing a Minelab Vid GPZ 7000 Gold Mode

Post  Redfin Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:31 pm

it is the manual, and was in the 'pre' manual.
basic stuff Lee.
Redfin
Redfin
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2013-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:15 am

mbasko wrote:Because your a sharing & caring type of guy Lee Laughing
http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/827-minelab-video-gpz-7000-ground-type
Ground type vid

Shocked Wink Embarassed SHHHHHsh don't tell em that I Demand you delete that character assassination man!!!!!!!! lol! lol! Rolling Eyes Q34 Q35 Q35 Q35 Q35 Q24 Q24 Q25 Q25
Just kidding ( I am allowed to do Eh) Q41 Q34
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:20 am

Redfin wrote:it is the manual, and was in the 'pre' manual.
basic stuff Lee.

Mate I have not read the manual yet but Steve H seems to think it explains things quite well so I still see the importance of putting it up here.
The one thing I will say is that everyone learns in a different fashion & if something is left to be learnt Just from the written word then some folks may struggle to take in all the information so I see the importance of having these video's here, even if they are "Deemed" basic!!! by some.
It's all about "Adult Learning Strategies" mate, "Basic Stuff Redfin" !!!!!
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:30 am

I can read and read and read a manual, but unless I have whatever the item I want to learn in my hands and doing it for my self, I don't take the info in very well.  V32

And it can be anything from a gps, computer, detector, phone, bread machine,  it really doesn't matter what it is, for me I need the object in front of me, to try and figure it out...then I read the manual, and look at the utubes vids.

So thankyou Lee
 it's a great idea.

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:02 pm

G'day Lee.

Appreciate the informative video on what each gold mode does and is used for,on the GPZ 7000.
Now,can any owner/current user of the GPZ 7000,tell me,which of the 2 gold modes produces the greater likely hood of "falsing",or giving off false signals over pockets of highly mineralized ground or hot rocks?  Is it when the GPZ 7000 is set in "High Yield"/Difficult,or when it is set in "General" gold mode/ "Difficult" soil conditions.
Now don't be shy fellas this ain't a trick question.Laughing

Cheers Kon.
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Aurumick Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:15 pm

kon61 wrote:G'day Lee.

Appreciate the informative video on what each gold mode does and is used for,on the GPZ 7000.
Now,can any owner/current user of the GPZ 7000,tell me,which of the 2 gold modes produces the greater likely hood of "falsing",or giving off false signals over pockets of highly mineralized ground or hot rocks?  Is it when the GPZ 7000 is set in "High Yield"/Difficult,or when it is set in "General" gold mode/ "Difficult" soil conditions.
Now don't be shy fellas this ain't a trick question.Laughing

Cheers Kon.
G'day Kon,

I've found High Yield is more sensitive gold mode, to knock out the false ground signals you need to readjust sensitivity to suit the ground, I've found.
Hope this is the answer you are looking for.

Cheers Mick
Aurumick
Aurumick
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2014-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:55 pm

Close Mick. I understand that "High Yield" on the 7000,is a more sensitive to gold mode and by further lowering gain,reduces sensitivity,but if gain were set,say to a certain level and not altered/changed,when switched from one gold mode to another,which of the 2 gold modes "High Yeild/Dificult" or when set in "General/Difficult", produce the greater falsing over sections or pockets of hot ground?  That is what I'm referring to and like to know?
My apologies Lee,for it is not my intention to diverge or stray from the main thread topic,but the question I'v asked has important relevance,to what has been said/stated on the video.

Cheers Kon.
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:06 pm

Hey Kon
No problem mate discuss away!!! I see any discussion to the modes as relevant to this post!!!
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Aurumick Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:33 pm

kon61 wrote:Close Mick. I understand that "High Yield" on the 7000,is a more sensitive to gold mode and by further lowering gain,reduces sensitivity,but if gain were set,say to a certain level and not altered/changed,when switched from one gold mode to another,which of the 2 gold modes "High Yeild/Dificult" or when set in "General/Difficult", produce the greater falsing over sections or pockets of hot ground?  That is what I'm referring to and like to know?
My apologies Lee,for it is not my intention to diverge or stray from the main thread topic,but the question I'v asked has important relevance,to what has been said/stated on the video.

Cheers Kon.
Haven't watch the utube vids as of yet due to my limited down time, I apologize for missinturpting your question Kon, but I still believe High Yield/difficult over general/difficult, but from experience.

Cheers Mick
Aurumick
Aurumick
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2014-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:57 pm

I too believe you are dead right Mick,cause thats what I noticed through my testing of the GPZ over hot ground. Iv put the question up in General discussion in the hope of getting back some more users opinions,before I get stuck into the video.

Cheers Kon.
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Canned Heat Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:19 pm

Yep, High Yield/Difficult.

Canned Heat
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2015-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:29 pm

G'day Kon

"High Yield" & "Difficult" is approximately equal to "Special" & "Fine gold" on the 5000 and, "General" & "Difficult" is approximately equal to "Enhance" on the 5000. This should give you some pointers to work from, and remembering that "Audio Smoothing" is similar to the Stabalizer on the 5000, Audio smoothing OFF is similar to stabalizer 20 on the 5000, which lets all available info through to the machine.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:40 pm

Spot on and thank you Canned Heat. Dave, I think I might not have stated my question right and/or it has been misunderstood/misinterpreted. All I want to know is,which of the 2 gold modes (High Yield/Difficult or General/Difficult, "Difficult" being the ground type) is prone to higher mineralization?

Cheers Kon. What a Face
kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:57 pm

kon61 wrote:Spot on and thank you Canned Heat. Dave, I think I might not have stated my question right and/or it has been misunderstood/misinterpreted. All I want to know is,which of the 2 gold modes (High Yield/Difficult or General/Difficult, "Difficult" being the ground type) is prone to higher mineralization?

Cheers Kon. What a Face

No worries Kon, Yep, High Yield & Difficult.

Sometimes the shortest answer is the best. Laughing

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:41 pm

Thanks Dave. Is it just me or have I totally misinterpreted what they say about what role the "General" gold mode in the video plays? Its been one of those long days once again,but we're almost at the bottom of it. Laughing

Cheers guys, Kon.

kon61
kon61
Management

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldHound Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:11 pm

The gold mode on the gpz is completly different to the gpx.
It optimizes the transmitted frequency (higher for fast time constance lower for long time constance) and modifyes the way the detector processes the receive signal.
IT IS NOT A GPX

The ground type changes how the ground ballance works to optimize it for different ground type's
In normal it updates the ground ballance loop very quickly and this gives a depth advantage in ground that it can handle because it only cancels out a very narrow band of the recived ground signal.
And as such only chancels out a very narrow part of recive, because of the narrow accurate ground ballance you are only ground balancing out a very narrow part of possible gold targets.
When you use either difficult or severe the ground ballance loop retains alot more info.
And the band that is canceled out is much wider and as such you will ballance out alot more targets that are recived in the canceled part of the rx signal.
But this method is much better than dealing with the ground through timings like on the gpx.
GoldHound
GoldHound
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 547
Registration date : 2014-01-06

Back to top Go down