Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie - Detecting partner wanted - Central Vic

3 posters

Go down

Newbie - Detecting partner wanted - Central Vic Empty Newbie - Detecting partner wanted - Central Vic

Post  neo__04 Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:00 am

Hey all,

Sort of a newbie here, Looking for someone to go for a detect with. I plan on going this sunday, but a contact for the future is always good!

I'm based in warrnambool, So everywhere is a bit of a drive, not a great drama though.

Closest areas to me would be Ballarat, Ararat, Beaufort, Creswick area.

Happy to drive to any of them.

I have a GP Extreme, Found lots of rubbish, No gold to date.
Still learning lots about the detector, learning whats metal and whats hot ground etc. All part of the fun.

If anyone with some local knowledge is interested/kind enough to have someone tag along for a day out, it would be greatly appreciated.
It would be nice to learn what to look for, how to read the land etc. from someone experienced and in an area they know to kickstart my learning!

Thanks in advance

neo__04
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2010-06-23

Back to top Go down

Newbie - Detecting partner wanted - Central Vic Empty Re: Newbie - Detecting partner wanted - Central Vic

Post  Brett J Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:38 am

HI Neo,

Am new myself and am looking at getting a new detector in the next month or so.
Am in the same boat as your self so can definitely catch up on a weekend to detect if you still need some one to detect with.
Did go out many years ago by myself as was hard to get the mates to come out and did have a little success.
Am based in Melb but drive not an issue.

Regards Brett
Brett J
Brett J
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2015-04-24

Back to top Go down

Newbie - Detecting partner wanted - Central Vic Empty Re: Newbie - Detecting partner wanted - Central Vic

Post  neo__04 Sun May 24, 2015 8:04 pm

Hi Brett,

Nice to hear from you.

I'll definitely have to take you up on the offer.

I dont know anyone who detects, so its more a bit of company while out and about.

We will have to plan a day

neo__04
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2010-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post  TurboSgold Mon May 25, 2015 7:40 am

Hi mate my names grant
And I going to Beaufort this weekend
Let me know if you'll like to meet up cheers grant

TurboSgold
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Brett J Tue May 26, 2015 6:45 am

HI Guys,
I will be heading out on the weekend and will definitely try and catch up. Not sure what day but will PM the both of you with my phone number.
Will have my 7000 on hand and am hanging to get it out for the second time. Will talk soon.
Regards Brett. Smile
Brett J
Brett J
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2015-04-24

Back to top Go down