Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not impressed

+36
deutran
Ronk
shandeemax
Waypoint
goldquest
goldnomad
Ash100456
Goldfields Explorer
Toysandthings
matelot
Jack outwest
Mechanic
kevlorraine2
Basada
NF
Steve Herschbach
llanbric
Nebuchadnezzar
Undertaker
Troopy
Inhere
Reno Chris
CrazyPete
Fisherman
CostasDee
alchemist
goldchaser
slimpickens
ruffles
toadskin
kon61
thegoldman24
AraratGold
BatchelorGold
Shinegold
Cal
40 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Not impressed - Page 4 Empty Re: Not impressed

Post  goldnomad Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:55 am

goldnomad wrote:
toadskin wrote:
AraratGold wrote:Anyone seen this "test " report getting around the net, or have any idea where it came from, or its authenticity ?
Or is it from someone trying to poohoo the GPZ ?
Scary if real though !
Cheers,
Rick

Not impressed - Page 4 GPZ7000%20TEST%20RESULTS_zpsfprbhugt

Means nothing unless someone reputable puts their name to it.  My opinion, way too early to tell.

I was one of the testers. What do you want to know?

Robert

Sooo... my little ruse worked in a roundabout way. Shocked

It appears that "Alluvium" and "Cal" were two of the testers according to Marshal Pardee.
Maybe we will now find out who the other three were Question

Robert
goldnomad
goldnomad
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2012-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post  jarrahrules Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:13 am

What does it matter. its the results that are important. Very Happy Very Happy

jarrahrules
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2011-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post  goldnomad Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:31 am

jarrahrules wrote:What does it matter. its the results that are important. Very Happy Very Happy

It matters a great deal to people who spend $10k+ on a detector.
Anyone can put up test results but knowing who did them adds/detracts from the test's credibility does it not?

Robert
goldnomad
goldnomad
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:01 am

You crafty old Twisted Evil  Robert.

Looking at that graph again, without the shock factor, I see something I find very interesting.
There's a detection "hole" around the 1.8 gram piece on the 5, and the 7s response is much more linear over all the target sizes. The areas where the 5 appears better (above and below this) probably reflects the disparity between coil sizes.

What this tells me is that in tough ground the 7 is as good as a 5 on all targets except nuggets in the ~ 1 to 2.5 gram range, where the 7 is actually better, not having a detection "hole"
That "hole" will likely shift with coil size. So how sad that those who sold their units for performance reasons didn't get to try the 20" coil beforehand. This is where the true advantage may be gained especially on deep targets.      

Cheers
Kev.

Last edited by alchemist on Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:10 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Clarification)
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  jarrahrules Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:04 am

I know im a know body. But I can back up the graphs authenticity

jarrahrules
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  goldnomad Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:25 am

jarrahrules wrote:I know im a know body. But I can back up the graphs authenticity

WRONG!!!

You are not a nobody jarrahrules. You are just as important to this or any other forum as any of the contributors so don't sell yourself short Very Happy

Wen we see charts, graphs or statements regarding detectors, coils etc., it always lends credence to them if the author(s) put their name(s) to them.

We then know who we can address questions to.

Robert
goldnomad
goldnomad
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  goldnomad Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:30 am

alchemist wrote:You crafty old Twisted Evil  Robert.

Looking at that graph again, without the shock factor, I see something I find very interesting.
There's a detection "hole" around the 1.8 gram piece on the 5, and the 7s response is much more linear over all the target sizes. The areas where the 5 appears better (above and below this) probably reflects the disparity between coil sizes.

What this tells me is that in tough ground the 7 is as good as a 5 on all targets except nuggets in the ~ 1 to 2.5 gram range, where the 7 is actually better, not having a detection "hole"
That "hole" will likely shift with coil size. So how sad that those who sold their units for performance reasons didn't get to try the 20" coil beforehand. This is where the true advantage may be gained especially on deep targets.      

Cheers
Kev.

Well, someone had to take one for the team Kev. Razz

I see what you're saying.

I don't know if one can average the test results due to the fact that all the nuggets are of a different size and depth.
Then again, I'm not a great fan of "test sites" as , to me, they don't necessarily reflect the real world. the only true tests are those done on the goldfields.

Robert

goldnomad
goldnomad
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:01 am

....and don't you feel so much better Robert having outed yourself.....as not being involved with that datas' production/testing, which has also made its way of course to US..........
Any independant test results are better than no test results..providing we know the conditions they were undertaken....same with any ML results...which obviously/naturally are intended to move their product....I suggest Companys' are more aware they have to be a lot more precise about claims made, and that they may have to be substantiated than they were in days gone by...the result being more general information that is harder to nail down.....if you get my drift....I won't raise the 40% deeper statement because its so open to interpretation....no doubt by intention rather than oversight....Hoo Roo

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:56 am

I've taken the liberty of normalising the data of this comparison.

Firstly because, I don't believe that a 14" mono truly equates to a 14" DOD.
Secondly, the timings were not regarded as equivalent by those more familiar with both of these detectors.
Fine gold should have been compared to High Yield/Difficult, alternatively General/Difficult should have been compared to Enhance.

The data was normalised at the 3.5 gram point this also being around data midpoint.
The hole is clearly evident, and this would appear in a different size range dependent upon coil, timing, and ground balance point, a value we are unable to quantify.

I know which detector I would rather be using, there's a lot of gold out there in the 1-3 gram range, not to mention the 1oz plus bits the 7 also does better on.
The right timing with the right coil and the Z should clean up.  

Not impressed - Page 4 16698050042_b1b64b8c9f_b
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Cal Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:16 pm

Robert, sorry I might have missed something here (edited posts maybe?), who is Marshal Pardee, and on what grounds does he assume I was among those responsible for compiling the graph?

I can categorically state that I was not, and still haven't bothered to find out who was - it is probably irrelevant anyway, many have found similar results upon initial testing of the machine, including some full timers who have returned their Zed. One of these I know for certain was the true discoverer of the Yandoit indicator featured in Doug Stones Gold Atlas of Vic - I'll start my own investigation here - any comments Robert?

Development of unfounded assumptions is one reason I'm not a serial poster on any detecting forum - the ego driven keyboard cowboys and hidden agendas waste too much valuable head-space IMO Smile

Regarding the Zed, my relationship is improving with it - no big finds - but confidence and an appreciation of its versatility is increasing with time. This is far from a GPX, and I feel it best at this stage not to think of it in GPX terms. Don't be fooled by the seeming simplicity of the settings Suspect .

I'm still flat out testing/learning this beast, and will post further thoughts/results when I have gathered them into a short succinct meaningful form.

Cheers Cal
Cal
Cal
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Ash100456 Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:55 pm

"Regarding the Zed, my relationship is improving with it - no big finds - but confidence and an appreciation of its versatility is increasing with time. This is far from a GPX, and I feel it best at this stage not to think of it in GPX terms. Don't be fooled by the seeming simplicity of the settings Suspect .

I'm still flat out testing/learning this beast, and will post further thoughts/results when I have gathered them into a short succinct meaningful form.

Cheers Cal "

G'day Cal, Good to see you are coming to grips with it, Look forward to your future posts

Cheers
Ashley
Ash100456
Ash100456
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  goldnomad Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:17 am

Cal wrote:Robert, sorry I might have missed something here (edited posts maybe?), who is Marshal Pardee, and on what grounds does he assume I was among those responsible for compiling the graph?

Cheers Cal

Cal, Marshall Pardee runs another forum. Perhaps you can ask him where he got the misinformation from.
This is the post he put up in answer to someone elses question

"The test were done by Alluvium,Cal and 3 others who for privacy reason do not wish to be identified otherwise their phone would never stop ringing or the emails would never cease but if required will be provided at another place at another time!
Now answer my question:do you believe the test results are genuine  or fudged or never took place?
doug smile"

I will PM this to you in case Admin deletes it as I know they dislike ANY reference to Pardee or his forum

Robert

Last edited by Mike54 on Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed link to AEGPF for the GOOD of all our Fine Members.... SORRY. Robert.)
goldnomad
goldnomad
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:13 am

With all the prospectors not impressed, I still have to wait 3 weeks to get mine, I only have one simple question, is someone forcing you to buy the 7000? If you are not impressed don't buy it, so I can have mine sooner.
Cheers
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:08 am

***first line removed by admin***,

Robert, very clever of you to claim to be one of the testers when you weren't, as the real testers obviously were able to state you weren't there....proves one thing perhaps the tests were actually carried out and not just a 'pigment' of someones' imagination.......

Having seen very similar graphs in the past on the 4000/ 4500 /5000 tests..I have a reasonable idea of at least one of the actual testers who was involved... does have a 7000...and a 5000...and is a very very experienced operator...in many locations...<cryptically speaking>
I thank Cal again for all his input and hope he continues to post his personal impressions....
Hell even I might buy the 7000 if they work effectively here GT and WA....I have the extortion price/ money just no inclination at this stage...
Hoo Roo

Last edited by CostasDee on Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:59 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : defamatory remark removal)

Back to top Go down

Post  Waypoint Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:43 pm

Hey GoldQuest, 3 weeks mate? There is still stock available at some dealers let your fingers do the walking.

Waypoint
Waypoint
Waypoint
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2013-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post  shandeemax Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:01 pm

I was just talking to Lucinda at Central West supplies at Mudgee this morning & she said they just got in their 3rd batch this morning - might get one off the shelf there.
shandeemax
shandeemax
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronk Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:25 pm

hi Guys i have been reading this thread with interest , it was my intention to buy a sdc2300 and a 5000 for our trip to WA this year. now we have the GPZ7000 out as well so do we only buy 1 detector now ? perhaps with all the extra deep digging to do 1 would be enough.

are we going to get 40% more gold ? considerable amount i would imagine as last time i went to WA we got about 4oz with our old 2100

anyway be interesting to hear from some owners that are happy and finding gold with their new purchase

regards Ronk

Ronk
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2014-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:39 pm

Hi Ronk
Maybe ring Bendigo gold and see if they still do the deal with the 2300 and 5000 together.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  goldquest Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:47 pm

[quote="Waypoint"]Hey GoldQuest, 3 weeks mate? There is still stock available at some dealers let your fingers do the walking.

Waypoint[/quote]

I got my Zed last wednesday, never been happier, I love this machine, very quite and punch deeper, find two little nuggets first time out.
Cheers
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:50 pm

Hey Ronk
Do you have any other detector? will there be more than one person detecting? like your wife etc? if there is 2 then the Package will serve you well!!!
If you have another detector & you can afford the GPZ without a stretch, then go for it, if you are happy with what you have seen on it so far.

My only other suggestion is maybe enquire whether a forum member near you will allow you to come & try before you buy, as I believe there is more than price & performance that goes into the purchase, good luck!!!!
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  jarrahrules Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:55 pm

deutran wrote:Hi Ronk
Maybe ring Bendigo gold and see if they still do the deal with the 2300 and 5000 together.

Tried that one. They said it finished in January.
I wanted to do the same.
JR

jarrahrules
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Gold&Relics Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:08 pm

larry303 wrote:Dead right Alchemist, all anyone is seeking is honest 'takes' on this new detector...the more the better...if only a Darren Kamp who enjoys unqualified trust, or someone similar who we know and trust..... that detect in the tricky/variable Golden Triangle could post I'm certain a lot of this angst would disappear and folk would feel more comfortable with their buying decisions....
I think the real whingers are those who complain about the supposed whingers.....no video evidence to support their assertions...just typically "hey this is the best man, throw down your $10,700 and get out there"....no questions asked....

We all know that prospectors want ALL  to share in their gold finds and help them find more....not....any wonder we suspect every unsupported post on the 7000 is viewed with suspicion with a marketing agenda, rather than nobly wanting us to share in their gold achievements as well........most posts apart from a few that we gratefully thank, are woefully lacking in firm/confirmed/test results....apart from the recent <apparently indepth> results by 5 Victorian prospectors with stated 120 years experience being immediately dismissed by the blowhards with no corresponding evidence to prove otherwise or even the opposite....just denigrating posters does not  cut the mustard... .........anyone else growing sick of blowhards stating how upset they feel when a question is raised, and stating they will deny all future reports unless we promise to swallow without question.. or unless they hold the veto button......gee...on a gold forum discussing metal detectors....who would ever think or expect questions would be raised here......?...and about a new detector costing 44% more than its predecessor...how unreasonable of us.....Hoo Roo

Okay Larry. Apologies that it has taken me a while to see this post and respond. I wrote a report on the GPZ 7000 in our newsletter 3 weeks ago. If anybody wants an unbiased opinion on the GPZ7000 you need to get your hands on a copy of this report. Just go to our website www.goldandrelics.com.au and sign up for our newsletter. I will make sure that we send you the March newsletter so that you get this report.

Cheers
Darren
Gold&Relics
Gold&Relics
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2012-08-16

http://www.goldandrelics.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:21 pm

Thanks Darren, I just registered and look forward to the report.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  cobill Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:07 am

Darren, I also registered and looking forward to reading your March newsletter.

Bill

cobill
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2015-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:15 am

Thanks Darren
Registered, I look forward to reading your report & also seeing what else is going on.
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Not impressed - Page 4 Empty GPZ

Post  Toysandthings Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:12 pm

Well we just received 2 more GPZ7000 detectors into stock for anyone
interest in one.

And hopefully will get to do some decent testing of the GPZ.

Cheers.
Lee.

Toysandthings
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2013-05-02

http://www.toys-things.com.au

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4