Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not impressed

+36
deutran
Ronk
shandeemax
Waypoint
goldquest
goldnomad
Ash100456
Goldfields Explorer
Toysandthings
matelot
Jack outwest
Mechanic
kevlorraine2
Basada
NF
Steve Herschbach
llanbric
Nebuchadnezzar
Undertaker
Troopy
Inhere
Reno Chris
CrazyPete
Fisherman
CostasDee
alchemist
goldchaser
slimpickens
ruffles
toadskin
kon61
thegoldman24
AraratGold
BatchelorGold
Shinegold
Cal
40 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Not impressed - Page 3 Empty Re: Not impressed

Post  Guest Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:31 pm

On the subject of the GPZ 7000 testers seemingly suddenly going quiet:

I might be wrong, but I imagine that the testers were only under agreement / contract to test the machine and write a report (and for some testers, at least, write an article for Minelab that they could publish wherever Minelab wish to publish it (website, brochures, magazines, whatever)...  "Job done."

I guess the testers who are active on the forum could correct me if they like, but I don't imagine that they'd be obliged to spend their own personal time following up on the many questions posted on forums.  Like I said, I could be wrong, and maybe it is part of the deal the made with Minelab, but I imagine it isn't.

We might wish for, and even expect, the testers to actively post on the forums for a length of time after the release of the machine... but like I said, I don't imagine that they'd be required to by the company that they entered in to a contract with.

If the above is the case, then the way I see it is:

The testers did their jobs. Whether they choose to participate in forum discussions is their own choice.

Back to top Go down

Post  NF Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:41 pm

Not impressed at this stage

Last edited by NF on Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:10 am; edited 2 times in total
NF
NF
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2013-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:04 pm

NF wrote:This was posted on a forum OK guys

Yes this forum, this thread post #1.
Do you want it to start a fresh? Razz

Back to top Go down

Not impressed - Page 3 Empty Dont know Poo from Clay

Post  Basada Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:01 pm

Hope my opinion hold some weight on this forum? I see the knockers are out in force as usual. I only read the first few pages hence my post title. I sold my 5000 and all the coils that went with it. Why you might ask. No good to me anymore. I got a GPZ7000 Laughing Laughing all the way to the bank. I have been taking the new detector to the old patches. These patches have been totally been hammered to the extent that there is no rubbish left and I thought no gold. Maybe no gold for the 5000 and 2300 but for the GPZ7000 heaps there. Those that know me no that I am no slouch with a detector as I need to find gold to survive. on this forum there are the have's and have not's and want to bee's The knockers that cant afford to buy the new machine so knock it. The want to be prospectors that never leave the lounge chair. Also the prospector that buys the machine but doesn't know how to operate it so knocks it. So what category do you fit into. I know were I fit into. I am the prospector that does this for a living 5 days a week. I know how to find gold and use a metal detector. Been using one for over 30 years so I should know a thing or two about it.

The GPZ 7000 is the best metal detector ever made by Minelab. This detector will open up new gold areas as it punches deeper than any previous Minelab detector. Yes you read and heard the hype so have I. You know what its true (yes true ) I own, one use one and find gold that the other detectors didn't even see. I am detecting over areas totally sterile all the targets are gone for the previous detectors. The GPZ7000 is detecting deeper smoother and with less EMI. This detector is a weapon. only yesterday I had to dig out one of my old dig holes to pull out a nugget much deeper down. Yes I check my holes for more gold before I back fill them. Stop[ Whinging and go out and use it in the field that's were you will find the truth about the GPZ7000 Very Happy

Basada
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2014-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  kevlorraine2 Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:18 pm

thanks BASADA, i have read all the forum reports, minelab testers reports, and the manual. the EMI plus new coil, surely had to make the zed an improvement over the previous models. good to hear you confirm my hopes.

my $500 has been paid and cant wait to get my hands on it ... kev

kevlorraine2
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 504
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:22 pm

Thanks Basada

Great to hear your doing well.

Yep your right! 
We should all stop whinging.

Back to top Go down

Post  goldchaser Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:33 pm

CostasDee wrote:
goldchaser wrote: Spoke to our insurance agent today about putting the gpz on our contents,he said we go can't go $10700 the best we can offer is $5000 ive been reading some of the feedback affraid affraid affraid

That's not too good at all goldchaser, replacement cost would be $10.7k - if it gets lost/stolen and you have to claim, maybe you can refuse to take the cash and tell them to go buy you a replacement, even secondhand. I had my 45 insured for $4500 with my contents insurance and that's all they'd put on it, but then I suppose that's all it's really worth, maybe a tad more, so for $500 more I could swap from the 45 and get a GPZ? Hmmm not too sure, tempting but I think I might stay with the 45 for the moment....only kidding Basketball

Tongue in cheek Costa -BG Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
goldchaser
goldchaser
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1267
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Mechanic Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:39 pm

HI Basada,

I am curious as to what timings on your 5k you were able to run on the patches you have been back to with the 7k? Were you able to run in normal at all on the 5k or is the ground quite hot?

Well done on your finds so far with it!

Cheers Mick

Mechanic
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2011-02-20

https://DetectronicsAustralia.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack outwest Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:47 pm

The tension is now palpable about the 7000 , at $10,700 everything about it's real performance   should be known   !   Rolling Eyes

jack .
Jack outwest
Jack outwest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1399
Registration date : 2012-09-30

Back to top Go down

Not impressed - Page 3 Empty Rubbish

Post  Guest Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:50 pm

Basada wrote:Hope my opinion hold some weight on this forum? I see the knockers are out in force as usual. I only read the first few pages hence my post title. I sold my 5000 and all the coils that went with it. Why you might ask. No good to me anymore. I got a GPZ7000 Laughing Laughing all the way to the bank. I have been taking the new detector to the old patches. These patches have been totally been hammered to the extent that there is no rubbish left and I thought no gold. Maybe no gold for the 5000 and 2300 but for the GPZ7000 heaps there. Those that know me no that I am no slouch with a detector as I need to find gold to survive. on this forum there are the have's and have not's and want to bee's The knockers that cant afford to buy the new machine so knock it. The want to be prospectors that never leave the lounge chair. Also the prospector that buys the machine but doesn't know how to operate it so knocks it. So what category do you fit into. I know were I fit into. I am the prospector that does this for a living 5 days a week. I know how to find gold and use a metal detector. Been using one for over 30 years so I should know a thing or two about it.

The GPZ 7000 is the best metal detector ever made by Minelab. This detector will open up new gold areas as it punches deeper than any previous Minelab detector. Yes you read and heard the hype so have I. You know what its true (yes true ) I own, one use one and find gold that the other detectors didn't even see. I am detecting over areas totally sterile all the targets are gone for the previous detectors. The GPZ7000 is detecting deeper smoother and with less EMI. This detector is a weapon. only yesterday I had to dig out one of my old dig holes to pull out a nugget much deeper down. Yes I check my holes for more gold before I back fill them. Stop[ Whinging and go out and use it in the field that's were you will find the truth about the GPZ7000 Very Happy

Radius of the coil plus timings determine Depth ,Too find Deep gold you don't want sensitivity in fact you need the opposite.To find points of gold you must have sensitivity.No over sensitive detector will find deep gold.Every Minelab detector after the SD2200d is more sensitive.$10.5k what could they be thinking
Dig

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:52 pm

UTBN wrote:Well Dave's not home so can't put up pics yet

Here are the pics Jase asked me to post up for him

Not impressed - Page 3 Utbn_g11

Not impressed - Page 3 Utbn_g12
Thankyou for sharing UTBN
Bloody awesome results. Q38

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:57 pm

Steve Herschbach wrote:
Mike54 wrote:G'day Chris,

We are all asking a question, which has still not been answered and that Question is why have all the Testers stopped talking???   And we are not convinced that the members have caused them to Run away and Hide.   Q41   Q41   Q03    I believe there is more to this crap than meets the EYE.   MINELAB WHAT IS GOING ON HERE???????.  We need Answers NOW!!!!

Regards.

Unhappy Customer.  

Mike.  

Hello Mike,

I stopped posting anywhere except my own forum because of people saying testers are just salespeople. If I visit 20 different forums saying good things about the GPZ I can see how people would consider that to be hyping the detector or promoting it somehow. The thing is I really don't care what people think about the GPZ 7000 or if they get one or not. So I just quit. Not sure that is what you want to hear but it is the truth.

G'day Steve,

Thanks for your reply, but I didn't mean to point out any of the Testers.  I was trying to get some sort of an answer from Minelab if that is even possible, as there seems to be many members here that are not happy and a lot of uncertainty umoungst many others.  As I said to Chris we do very much appreciate all the testers/people like yourself who try to post positive info on the new GPZ.  

Thanks again for your reply Steve.  

Regards.

Mike.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:17 pm

Your very welcome Jen

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack outwest Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:40 pm

Mike54 wrote:[  I was trying to get some sort of an answer from Minelab if that is even possible, as there seems to be many members here that are not happy and a lot of uncertainty umoungst many others.  
Mike.

Yes Mike I'm one of those members , lets take this  statement  :

Minelab GPZ 7000 Metal Detector

NEW GOLD TECHNOLOGY - UP TO 40% DEEPER*

*When compared to the average performance of the GPX 5000 in testing environments. Actual performance depends on prevailing conditions

40% deeper , under what conditions did this claim originate Minelab ?  

Last edited by Jack outwest on Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added a word)
Jack outwest
Jack outwest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1399
Registration date : 2012-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Inhere Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:10 am

Steve Herschbach wrote:
Mike54 wrote:G'day Chris,

We are all asking a question, which has still not been answered and that Question is why have all the Testers stopped talking???   And we are not convinced that the members have caused them to Run away and Hide.   Q41   Q41   Q03    I believe there is more to this crap than meets the EYE.   MINELAB WHAT IS GOING ON HERE???????.  We need Answers NOW!!!!

Regards.

Unhappy Customer.  

Mike.  

Hello Mike,

I stopped posting anywhere except my own forum because of people saying testers are just salespeople. If I visit 20 different forums saying good things about the GPZ I can see how people would consider that to be hyping the detector or promoting it somehow. The thing is I really don't care what people think about the GPZ 7000 or if they get one or not. So I just quit. Not sure that is what you want to hear but it is the truth.

That's fair enough, with due respect, my understanding is that the ground is so
different over there, that we may not learn much that relates to our situation here
anyway.

I would guess, there would be more than one person that has been testing the 7000 in this country

Many places In the golden triangle, where Mike resides, the ground tends to be not only
highly mineralised but also variable from one metre to the next. Has there been any
testing done there?.....by whom?

Maybe Mike was calling for such a person, after all he paid for his….based purely on trust.
From reports so far, it appears that, that trust has been shaken!

Inhere
Inhere
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 941
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  alchemist Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:00 am

Basada wrote:The knockers that cant afford to buy the new machine so knock it. The want to be prospectors that never leave the lounge chair. Also the prospector that buys the machine but doesn't know how to operate it so knocks it. So what category do you fit into. I know were I fit into. I am the prospector that does this for a living 5 days a week. I know how to find gold and use a metal detector. Been using one for over 30 years so I should know a thing or two about it.

Stop[ Whinging and go out and use it in the field that's were you will find the truth about the GPZ7000 Very Happy

You missed one Basada "those who have put down a deposit, even some who have paid in full, but are still waiting for their machine"

They then hear from various quarters that the machine is not all that Minelab advertised. Wouldn't you have a windge too?

If Minelab had done a half decent market research job there wouldn't be so many wondering if they've bought a bloody lemon! They'd be out there swinging finding out for themselves.

Thanks for your otherwise positive report.

Last edited by alchemist on Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:03 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : additions)
alchemist
alchemist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 525
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:36 am

Dead right Alchemist, all anyone is seeking is honest 'takes' on this new detector...the more the better...if only a Darren Kamp who enjoys unqualified trust, or someone similar who we know and trust..... that detect in the tricky/variable Golden Triangle could post I'm certain a lot of this angst would disappear and folk would feel more comfortable with their buying decisions....
I think the real whingers are those who complain about the supposed whingers.....no video evidence to support their assertions...just typically "hey this is the best man, throw down your $10,700 and get out there"....no questions asked....

We all know that prospectors want ALL  to share in their gold finds and help them find more....not....any wonder we suspect every unsupported post on the 7000 is viewed with suspicion with a marketing agenda, rather than nobly wanting us to share in their gold achievements as well........most posts apart from a few that we gratefully thank, are woefully lacking in firm/confirmed/test results....apart from the recent <apparently indepth> results by 5 Victorian prospectors with stated 120 years experience being immediately dismissed by the blowhards with no corresponding evidence to prove otherwise or even the opposite....just denigrating posters does not  cut the mustard... .........anyone else growing sick of blowhards stating how upset they feel when a question is raised, and stating they will deny all future reports unless we promise to swallow without question.. or unless they hold the veto button......gee...on a gold forum discussing metal detectors....who would ever think or expect questions would be raised here......?...and about a new detector costing 44% more than its predecessor...how unreasonable of us.....Hoo Roo

Back to top Go down

Post  Nebuchadnezzar Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:24 am

Basada wrote:I see the knockers are out in force as usual. I only read the first few pages hence my post title. I sold my 5000 and all the coils that went with it. Why you might ask. No good to me anymore. I got a GPZ7000 Laughing Laughing all the way to the bank. I have been taking the new detector to the old patches. These patches have been totally been hammered to the extent that there is no rubbish left and I thought no gold. Maybe no gold for the 5000 and 2300 but for the GPZ7000 heaps there. Those that know me no that I am no slouch with a detector as I need to find gold to survive. on this forum there are the have's and have not's and want to bee's The knockers that cant afford to buy the new machine so knock it. The want to be prospectors that never leave the lounge chair. Also the prospector that buys the machine but doesn't know how to operate it so knocks it. So what category do you fit into. I know were I fit into. I am the prospector that does this for a living 5 days a week. I know how to find gold and use a metal detector. Been using one for over 30 years so I should know a thing or two about it.

Do you know Basada that most of the members here are hobbyists, and of those members many are pensioners? That's right, the Have Nots that you so delicately pointed out. The whingers and knockers. When there's not much funds going around you tend to be more cautious with how you spend. Unfortunately it seems information about the release of this detector is greatly lacking. A colour brochure and pissant manual don't cut it with me. It seems easier to get better product info for a pack of condoms than it is for a $10,700 detector. So in the meantime while we wait for feedback from members we know and trust we'll continue to ask questions and whinge.

I doubt any machine will be able to reopen the goldfields. Most well-known areas have been scraped to bed rock and we all know gold does not grow back. Are you really a prospector?

Last edited by Nebuchadnezzar on Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Nebuchadnezzar
Nebuchadnezzar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2009-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post  matelot Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:47 am

Thanks for your post, Basada. I have enjoyed reading your posts on another forum and hope you continue to post about the 7000 on here-regardless of the knockers.

Regards Roger pirat
matelot
matelot
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 283
Registration date : 2010-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post  thegoldman24 Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:08 pm

Hey basada l have a question for you.You state in your post you had to reopen a hole to dig a target further down that you missed before .l assume you fill in your holes.You also stated you recheck all holes before you fill them in.Lets say the first target was 6 inches deep and 1 gram you then recheck hole with coil 6 inches into hole and nothing.You then come back another day with new machine and hey presto a signal.By my conservative calculations you have achieved approx. 100% depth improvement.Truly amazing.Keep the good work up.

thegoldman24
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2012-04-12

Back to top Go down

Not impressed - Page 3 Empty The next delivery we will test 1

Post  Toysandthings Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:34 pm

Howdy guys,

Sorry we sold out b4 getting to take any out and test 1.

Our next delivery, we will take 1 out and give it a test.

If only for ourselves to be even more positive in our sales pitch
to customers.

But in being a seller, I totally understand where you guys are coming from.
So we can only wait for more info to come in.

Cheers.
Lee.

Toysandthings
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2013-05-02

http://www.toys-things.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:54 pm

Thanks Lee, not many car salesmen get to sell many of a model without even starting or driving one....you are in a fortunate position..
The true measure of the 7000 of course will not lie in your ability to sell in great numbers to folk who have little tested information to rely on...
rather the true success will lie with keeping satisfied buyers that can see the real value in the $10,700 they have paid you........and then your sales will genuinely keep happening for you by word of mouth and acknowledged posters on these forums....always been that way with ML's in the past....Hoo Roo

Back to top Go down

Not impressed - Page 3 Empty If It Looks Like A Toy ' It Probaly Is A Toy .

Post  Goldfields Explorer Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:24 pm

Well yes its only early days yet
Although at that price its a killer who would just walk out and buy that on reports from salesmen
All the field test video's are small and don't tell you much at all , In my book if the 7000 is the new detector to re-open
The gold fields ,well it better be a real goodie at that price coz it looks like a toy to me.

before I spent that amount of money I would want to see it working right before my eyes
So at the time being until then, I would treat the new 7000 as a" king brown snake" something to steer clear of
Goldfields Explorer
Goldfields Explorer
Goldfields Explorer
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2011-03-28

Back to top Go down

Not impressed - Page 3 Empty goldchaser from Kal

Post  Goldfields Explorer Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:16 pm

Goldchaser from good old Kalgoorlie said he will buy everybody a new 7000
if they behave 'oh dear me it must be good to be rich aye
Goldchaser just put the 10 Grand into my bank I will stay with the old machine I have '
But I could do with a holiday over your way cheers good onyah Goldchaser your a real pal
Goldfields Explorer
Goldfields Explorer
Goldfields Explorer
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2011-03-28

Back to top Go down

Not impressed - Page 3 Empty not impressed.

Post  Guest Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:45 pm

Hi all, one of our crew has his turning up next week,and we know a spot that has deep gold without a doubt. So we will give it a good run in mild ground conditions, as i have not yet decided to up grade i will be swinging the 5k with the 14inch round so it will be an interesting test. We will have the go pro so will take some vid, but i spose by the time we do that most members would have conducted their own tests anyway.And from memory the last machines we had over this particular spot was the 4500 and the 4000, so be intersting to see the advancement of the machines since then Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  goldchaser Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:27 pm

Goldfields Explorer wrote:Goldchaser from good old Kalgoorlie said he will buy everybody a new 7000
if they behave 'oh dear me  it must be good to be rich aye
Goldchaser just put the 10 Grand into  my bank I will stay with the old machine I have '
But I could do with a holiday over your way cheers good onyah Goldchaser your a real pal
Goldfields Explorer

How ya goin GE,i'll drop that $$$$ in your acc,keep your current detectors and go on a holiday mate,prob better off,hope my views change about this gpz. Very Happy

goldchaser
goldchaser
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:22 pm

goldchaserhope my views change about this gpz. wrote:
Another thought has popped into my head..
Maybe with this 18 inch coil they are supposed to be making.
That's when it may go much deeper on even bigger nuggets. V19

Back to top Go down

Post  goldchaser Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:31 pm

Jen58 wrote:
goldchaserhope my views change about this gpz. wrote:
Another thought has popped into my head..
Maybe with this 18 inch coil they are supposed to be making.
That's when it may go much deeper on even bigger nuggets. V19

Yep hope so Jen but it won't be this little black duck dropping a rumoured $1500 to find out,i'll wait for some solid info from you and Mike....... lol! lol! lol!

goldchaser
goldchaser
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Basada Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:59 pm

I suppose I better answer the question of am I a prospector. I think the people who know me could answer that. 30 years ago I formed the Townsville Metal Detecting Club which is still going strong today. I have written for the Gold Gem And Treasure Magazine under the name Basada. I was a avid contributor on another forum. Am I a prospector yes full time. I suggest you do your research before you ask DUMB questions. I have given my opinion about this machine. It doesn't worry me in the least weather you purchase one or not I don't sell them so I don't make any money out of you buying one. All the more gold for the Zed operators. All the pensioners out there and the have nots. You have a real opportunity to purchase a GPX5000 at a cheap price as the price has dropped since the introduction of the Zed.

Basada
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 118
Registration date : 2014-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Troopy Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:47 pm

Basada wrote:I suppose I better answer the question of am I a prospector. I think the people who know me could answer that. 30 years ago I formed the Townsville Metal Detecting Club which is still going strong today. I have written for the Gold Gem And Treasure Magazine under the name Basada. I was a avid contributor on another forum. Am I a prospector yes full time. I suggest you do your research before you ask DUMB questions. I have given my opinion about this machine. It doesn't worry me in the least weather you purchase one or not I don't sell them so I don't make any money out of you buying one. All the more gold for the Zed operators. All the pensioners out there and the have nots. You have a real opportunity to purchase a GPX5000 at a cheap price as the price has dropped since the introduction of the Zed.

Geez Basada, with only 44 posts how can you be that experienced out in the real world Laughing
Good luck out there and i look forward to more of your reports, oh and great work on forming the detecting club, must make you proud it's still going strong Very Happy

Troopy
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2009-10-04

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next