Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mitsubishi challenger 2000 Ignition lights coming on while driving

2 posters

Go down

Mitsubishi challenger 2000 Ignition lights coming on while driving Empty Mitsubishi challenger 2000 Ignition lights coming on while driving

Post  Rayzzer Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:52 pm

Mitsubishi challenger 2000 Ignition lights coming on while driving

Hi i have a duel fuel Mitsubishi challenger i have been slowly restoring it to good working order, i like it for it's easy to use transmission power switch which is good for moving heavy things.
Anyhow besides the timing which i have left a nail in the timing belt hydrolic tensioner because i had problems with the belt slipping, so i thought over a year ago what the hell and just made the belt clean by a little squiring  using a hand file and then push grease into the bearings with my thump nail and regressed them all. so that was a while ago but know i have discovered the ignition lights coming on while driving and it started to effect my car battier after thirty minutes of them staying on. i found i could rev it up by accelerate it  and they would go off but then come back on. maybe a coil but I'm asking because there make is recent and have no dizzy where they plugs go into. it's all  electronic where the spark plugs go too.
What is making it happen thanks from Ray first time user here Smile

Rayzzer
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-01-18

Back to top Go down

Mitsubishi challenger 2000 Ignition lights coming on while driving Empty Re: Mitsubishi challenger 2000 Ignition lights coming on while driving

Post  deutran Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:47 am

Hi Ray
Its a bit unclear if your talking about the timing belt slipping or the alternator belt but it sounds like the alternator has a diode(rectifier) faulty or the belt is still slipping maybe a bad bearing or old belt.A bit more info will help.
Steve
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Mitsubishi challenger 2000 Ignition lights coming on while driving Empty Re: Mitsubishi challenger 2000 Ignition lights coming on while driving

Post  Rayzzer Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:09 pm

deutran wrote:Hi Ray
Its a bit unclear if your talking about the timing belt slipping or the alternator belt but it sounds like the alternator has a diode(rectifier) faulty or the belt is still slipping maybe a bad bearing or old belt.A bit more info will help.
Steve

Thanks it definitely look like the diode on the alternator, the timing belt also has a sensor behind the main cog, but the fact that the SUV running then i will have to remove the alternator to repair.
thanks so much

Rayzzer
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2015-01-18

Back to top Go down