Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just scored another single through midwicket

2 posters

Go down

Just scored another single through midwicket Empty Just scored another single through midwicket

Post  Guest Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:04 pm

Pleased to say that I have today, just scored another mothball sized piece (no, not the camphor ones you use in the wardrobe - but an actual moths ball size)  Laughing

My first find last week was a whopping 0.18 of a gram and todays monster weighed in at 0.19 of a gram. At this rate I'll have my first ounce by the time I turn 90 Very Happy

Tis a good feeling though, my confidence is increasing and after scouring the locality of the first find, I went to a totally new spot and found my second piece, so I will go back there and give it a good seeing to.

I am now using a hipstick after several recommendations and can now add my own to that, I do not have any back/shoulder pain.

I am now one find apiece, to my headphones and booster, think I prefer the booster for what it is worth, particularly on the hotter days - such as today.

Cheers everyone, Trev

Back to top Go down

Just scored another single through midwicket Empty Re: Just scored another single through midwicket

Post  Guest Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:25 pm

Well done..
I don't think it will take you another 35 years before you find your first ounce.

Maybe you will be 90 before you find A first ounce piece. lol!

My V26 are crossed for you that you will find your first nice ounce nugget way before you reach that age..

Back to top Go down

Just scored another single through midwicket Empty Thanks for that Jen

Post  Guest Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:27 pm

Jen58 wrote:Well done..
I don't think it will take you another 35 years before you find your first ounce.

Maybe you will be 90 before you find A first ounce piece. lol!

My V26 are crossed for you that you will find your first nice ounce nugget way before you reach that age..

G'day Jen,

I am heading back there this Wednesday nice and early to give the area a going over - attempting to find some of its relations - hopefully it is not an orphan like my first find appeared to be.

Fingers crossed for a nice early Christmas present in the form of a piece that actually weighs a whole gram (at least).

Cheers Trev

Back to top Go down

Just scored another single through midwicket Empty Re: Just scored another single through midwicket

Post  Cadian Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:49 pm

Gday Trev, It did not take long for the second bit , Q38 they can only get bigger. I am happy to see you like the hipstick Q27 ,I found it to be very good for my back.
Cheers Dave. Q39
Cadian
Cadian
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2013-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Aurumick Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:10 pm

G'day Trev

Congrats on your second find  T06
Detecting for gold is like a box of chocolate's just never now what you will find next, so keep on looking, that oz bit could be next.

Happy hunting

Cheers Mick
Aurumick
Aurumick
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2014-12-03

Back to top Go down

Just scored another single through midwicket Empty Thanks for that Cadian / Dave

Post  Guest Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:58 pm

Cadian wrote:Gday Trev,  It did not take long for the second  bit , Q38  they can only get bigger. I am happy to see you like the hipstick  Q27 ,I found it to be very good for my back.
Cheers Dave.  Q39

G'day Dave,

Thanks for that, yes I was happy as to find my second "monster sized" piece. I'm glad you said that they can only get bigger......well they can't get too much smaller I'm tipping  Laughing

My confidence is growing and I know it is a learning curve, just so much more enjoyable knowing that you can get the machine working okay on the day and can actually interpret the signals.

Onwards and upwards and yes after several recommendations from experienced detectorists, such as your good self, I have got myself a hipstick and after one days detecting with it, I am able to confirm how useful they are (well for me anyway).

Cheers Trev

Back to top Go down

Just scored another single through midwicket Empty Thanks for that Mick

Post  Guest Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:13 pm

mickAurum wrote:G'day Trev

Congrats on your second find  T06
Detecting for gold is like a box of chocolate's just never now what you will find next, so keep on looking, that oz bit could be next.

Happy hunting

Cheers Mick

G'day Mick,

Thanks for that, I am happy as and am growing in confidence, without getting too cocky about it. Just does wonders to actually find a piece.

Cheers Trev

Last edited by G'day Gold on Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : syntax)

Back to top Go down

Post  Aurumick Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:24 pm

G'day Trev

No Worries mate there are still a few nice ones left out there for us yet, the saying goes ( we will never get it all ).
Happy hunting in your travels.

Cheers Mick Very Happy

Last edited by mickAurum on Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Aurumick
Aurumick
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2014-12-03

Back to top Go down