Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORS GOLD REVIEW BY ROBERT CRAMPTON

+3
Digginerup
Redfin
Nokta Detectors
7 posters

Go down

FORS GOLD REVIEW BY ROBERT CRAMPTON  Empty FORS GOLD REVIEW BY ROBERT CRAMPTON

Post  Nokta Detectors Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:03 pm

Nokta Fors Gold
Metal Detector review for very highly mineralized ground.
I chose as a test site an area that I have had limited luck for finding gold nuggets. I have found some here and there, but finds are usually few and far between.
The test site is very noisy, contaminated with rubbish, mainly iron left over from loggers and fencing wire from farmers, as well as led bullets and numerous hot rocks. Over grown with vegetation and rocks scattered all over, it is hard to swing a detector at this site. I have used a few top brand metal detectors at the site over the years and have had minimal luck.
As the Nokta Fors Gold is new to me, I was not expecting to find much, and thought I might take a while to get to know the machine, this wasn't the case.
The most impressive thing about the Nokta Fors Gold metal detector is the ID Masking feature and the way it completely got rid of the iron noise.
After finding a small piece of iron, I was able to use this as a test sample to cancel out the unwanted sounds that heavily contaminated and had
previously made detecting difficult in this area. In a different area you may have to adjust the machine again if there is different level of iron around, but this is not much of a problem as it is simple to adjust. Just wave the detector over a sample iron find and adjust again, takes about five seconds.
I then tested the Automatic Ground Balance feature, and was able to reduced more of the unwanted noises. This control is great for the beginner and professional alike. The ground balance feature distinguishes ground noise from the things you want to chase. If it's ground noise, it will disappear with a couple of waves across.
Using these two controls made the work a lot easier and a hell of a lot more fun than using other much more expensive machines. With other machines I spend more time digging holes than looking. I was able to cover a lot more area as I didn't waist a lot of time digging holes.
On the first day after about an hour of using the machine I was confident that the Nokta Fors Gold could handle the iron rich ground that I was working. I played around with the controls and found them very straight forward and easy to use.
Feeling confident I went straight for some holes that I had been working in previously and found a few bits of very small iron and thought the Nokta was going to perform like other machines, but after adjusting the machine to rule out the small iron bits and checking the signal with a piece of test gold that I carry in my pocket the machine could still register the gold and the iron bits were not registering at all.
I continued along the creek bank, checking old holes as I went, there were no problem signals from any other bits of iron. Then in one of the holes I heard a signal that was very close in sound quality to that of my
test piece of gold. With the built in pin pointer I was able to easily sift thru half an inch of dirt to find a nice small piece of gold, see picture.
Continuing further up the creek, finding heaps of small lead shot, I decided to detect the water in the creek and in a small puddle found another nice piece of gold about a few inches down.
The second day wasn't much to talk about, got heaps of signals but only found trash. Tin foil, ring pulls, lead shot and iron although I was very impressed at the depth at which the Nokta was able to find. Previously I had been over this area with my Minelab 4500 and had no gold signals, but heaps of iron and trash signals. with the Nokta Fors Gold i could get rid of the unwanted iron noises with the ID Masking. The Nokta machine is very light and well balanced, no real need for a bungie support cord on this machine. I swung it around for about four hours on each day for 2 days, with no problems. I suffer from arthritis in the hands, and get back and shoulder pain when out and about, comes from getting older, but had no problems with the Nokta Fors Gold.
Target depth in this mineralized rocky ground was impressive. After playing with different settings I was able to pick up quite deep signals for small targets, depending on soil type and target type. The controls were quite easy to configure, user friendly.
The Ground Balancing on the Nokta Fors Gold was excellent. The best feature I found was the Automatic Ground Balancing. Most of the time after hearing a sound I wasn't sure of, all I had to do was swing back over the noise and if it was ground noise it usually went away with one or two passes. If the noise continued then I would check the value on the screen in the handle to see weather it was worth chasing or digging
for. The automatic ground balance saved me a lot of work by the end of the day.
You must remember I have gone over this ground with the Minelab 4500 and mid range Garrett machines before, and there also has been other people using their Minelab 5000 on this site as well. I am not comparing the actual machines but just the operation of the way they work. The Nokta Fors Gold is a very easy machine to use.
I was rapped in the vibration mode, it’s not just good for people with hearing problems. There is vibration with or with out sound. As the sound signal changes with different finds i.e. gold vs iron so does the vibration, so you can feel the different values. Night detecting around your camp would be good with this setting. When starting out, use the vibration with sound and the screen on the handle so you can get used to feeling what your detector is finding. Also the vibration mode does not alter your setting values.
The lead light in the hand grip which acts like a torch is a great idea, as myself and a lot of other people in Australia like to prospect at night because summer days are too hot. I haven't tried this out yet but will review this later.
I am very impressed with the Nokta Fors Gold Metal Detector. The ID Masking to rid iron noise and the Auto Ground Balance makes it a superior machine for noisy Australian conditions. Features such as vibration mode, low weight, built in pin pointer, torch LED, user friendliness and depth range for small targets, makes it a high end machine for a low end price. Great value for money.
I would not hesitate to recommend the Nokta Fors Gold for gold detecting and relic hunting. At the moment I have not finished testing the unit in Australia, as all experienced prospectors would know, we have so many different ground types.
My next review will be using the Nokta Fors Gold on the Australian beaches.
Robert Crampton
Nokta Detectors
Nokta Detectors
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2014-11-06

Back to top Go down

FORS GOLD REVIEW BY ROBERT CRAMPTON  Empty Re: FORS GOLD REVIEW BY ROBERT CRAMPTON

Post  Redfin Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:27 pm

Robert, are you by any chance a dealer, or a rep in Oz for Nokta detectors ?
Redfin
Redfin
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2013-02-26

Back to top Go down

FORS GOLD REVIEW BY ROBERT CRAMPTON  Empty Re: FORS GOLD REVIEW BY ROBERT CRAMPTON

Post  Guest Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:45 pm

A review from someone we don't know, with not a single negative point Shocked sadly this reads like an advert.
Every detector I have used has it's negative points and things that annoy you, including the top of the range minelabs.
It was an interesting read but not what I would call a balanced review. Hopefully one of your other reviewers will be someone we have heard of before and include things they didn't like about it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Redfin Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:09 pm

Golf Tees anyone?
http://www.crampo.com.au/promotions
Redfin
Redfin
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 679
Registration date : 2013-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:31 pm

Hahaha Laughing  A bloody dealer Shocked

No wonder the review sounded one sided , come on Nokta don't treat us like fools.

Back to top Go down

Post  Digginerup Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:12 pm

Rolling Eyes FFS! are you kidding me?  Mrs Cramptons little boy Robert ?...and who might he be?, sorry Robert I have never heard of you brother so your warm fuzzy review carry's no weight here, I will wait for a known credible reviewers opinion, and what a teaser, Rolling Eyes spend $2500 and get 500 packs of golf tees......do it in store and get 1000 packs affraid  maybe 10 to a pack?, do the maths,  nice offer but WTF? is anyone going to do with that many tees? lol!

Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  deutran Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:14 pm

Can't wait for the beach review,I wonder how many gold rings and ancient roman coins turn up that the other detectors missed.
deutran
deutran
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1838
Registration date : 2009-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Nokta Detectors Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:48 pm

Hello all... As Nokta Detectors, when we joined the USA forums, we were given specific names of people known to be experts in the industry who did unbiased product reviews (Steve Herscbach, Ray Mills etc) and we sent the testing units to those individuals. We did not know these people initially just like we are not familiar with the people on the AU forums (just yet). When we made the same offer in AU, nobody was pointed to be an expert in the industry. We just got many requests from certain people so we asked our dealer to help us pick a few, this is all. There are 2 more testers of whom we are waiting reviews of. Thank you.
Nokta Detectors
Nokta Detectors
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2014-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:32 pm

I know Robert, he gets my respect because he gave me respect when i was training him on advanced PI use some yrs ago at Hill End. A nice genuine fella.
Good to see he has taken up the challenge of using/testing VLFs. Now knowing he also sells the Nokta range, i have a friend to call upon should i decide i want a Nokta model.  T06

While he may not be well known, as Nokta stated above, no one well known over here put up their hands, nor were pointed at by others as been suitable. Why.?....because we a more PI orientated due to our ground mineralization, and our requirements to work this type of ground call for a detector more suited. While many VLFs can handle our ground, after using top of the range PIs, we are simply not all that fussed on going back to VLFs.....times are changing. I started out using VLFs, and swore id never go back after using PIs......i now own three that are considered to be some of the best in their fields, and happy to add more.

I said it once and i'll say it again....VLFs are getting better, while PIs are getting dearer. Problem is tho...the gold is not growing back, so now you have to look else where, and that is, the places we avoid with PIs.
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885
Registration date : 2008-10-22

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:57 pm

Nokta Detectors wrote:Hello all... As Nokta Detectors, when we joined the USA forums, we were given specific names of people known to be experts in the industry who did unbiased product reviews (Steve Herscbach, Ray Mills etc) and we sent the testing units to those individuals. We did not know these people initially just like we are not familiar with the people on the AU forums (just yet). When we made the same offer in AU, nobody was pointed to be an expert in the industry. We just got many requests from certain people so we asked our dealer to help us pick a few, this is all. There are 2 more testers of whom we are waiting reviews of. Thank you.

HMMM
Whom is it that you asked to point out a tester?????

As I can name several that I think many on this forum & all over the world would take note of.

Jonathan Porter
Aurumpro
Narrawa
Tributer

Just to name a few, there would be many many more that given the proper opportunity could provide you with valuable input as to the capability of your product here in Australia, so the ball is in your court if you really want an un-biased review.
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Gold Miner Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:58 pm

I said it before....
Aurumpro.......
Give him a machine to test, and he will!!
It will be a balls and all report, that will either make or break your machine over here................
Gold Miner
Gold Miner
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 648
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Back to top Go down