Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nugget Finder coil packaging- have they ever come in a branded box?

5 posters

Go down

Nugget Finder coil packaging- have they ever come in a branded box? Empty Nugget Finder coil packaging- have they ever come in a branded box?

Post  Guest Sat May 22, 2010 4:09 pm

Nugget Finder coil packaging- have they ever come in a branded box?

Howdy,

Wondering if anybody can tell me what kind of packaging a brand new nugget finder coil comes in and why?
In particular a 24" eliptical.... also wondering why a 24" inch eliptical nugget finder advantage actually measures 23" ?
Has anyone found that?

Any help is this matter would be greatly appreciated as somebody is giving me grief about it.

Cheers Ferrous.

Back to top Go down

Nugget Finder coil packaging- have they ever come in a branded box? Empty Nugget finder coil packaging

Post  jmp333 Sat May 22, 2010 5:09 pm

I have bought two nugget finder coils from Bendigo Gold at different times and there was no packaging, the second time I was present when the guy delivered a big heap of new N/F coils and they were in black recyclable type crates, no packaging. I believe they are made up that way so may be they might package ones sent elsewhere?
John

jmp333
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Nugget Finder coil packaging- have they ever come in a branded box? Empty Re: Nugget Finder coil packaging- have they ever come in a branded box?

Post  Guest Sat May 22, 2010 5:20 pm

Cheers John,
i spoke to Bendigo Gold also this morning and they said as nugget finder is local they don't come in packaging.

Can anyone else give info about their nugget finder purchases from other locations?
cheers all.

Back to top Go down

Nugget Finder coil packaging- have they ever come in a branded box? Empty Re: Nugget Finder coil packaging- have they ever come in a branded box?

Post  nero_design Sat May 22, 2010 5:38 pm

The NF coils come in a basic (and fairly thin) plain carboard box. Dealers usually take them out of the box and sell them over the counter as is. The boxes often have the serial number written on one end of the box by hand with a black marker. There ARE some variation to the stickers (red & white) and also to the lug where the cable joins the body of the coil. The earlier coils had the red NF sticker and the more recent mass-produced coils appear to sport the white-text sticker with a clear background. The most recently made coils seem to sport three clear labels with white silk-screened text on them. Nugget Finder coils do not ship in any special box that I know of. Just a plain cardboard box with the size of the coil written with black marker on one end. The serial numbers on the coils are all engraved by hand and are not machine stamped etc.

I think you'll find that the 24x12" coil is just under 24" long...

Cheers,

Marco Nero

Last edited by nero_design on Sun May 23, 2010 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update!)
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Jigalong Sat May 22, 2010 5:51 pm

I have bought three NF monos and none of them came with any packaging. I like that - no useless wasted crap to throw away.

Jig
Jigalong
Jigalong
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1316
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post  delapan Sat May 22, 2010 5:56 pm

hi marco, i recently had a replacement for an 18" NF, came in plain brown box, but the sticker on the new coil was red one not the white and black sticker on the dud one that was 12 months old, cheers
delapan
delapan
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2008-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Sat May 22, 2010 6:08 pm

This is an Ebay coil for sale at the moment. Item number: 300429994097 It has a red sticker at the bottom (haven't seen that one before) and a black NF logo at the top (again, I haven't seen this sticker on this type of coil before). Perhaps there's a number of sticker variations available beyond those discussed here.

The coil looks more legit than some of the sellers out there.

Cheers,

M.
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  vasilis Sat May 22, 2010 8:16 pm

I have nugget finder 12 inch newish with white letters and a 16 also with white letters. A friend who got his just over a yr ago has them with red letters but the 20 inch mono has jast plain black letters (all monos) so perhaps they are keeping a track with stickers as well as serial numbers.
vasilis
vasilis
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2010-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 23, 2010 11:16 am

Thanks for your replies everybody, hopefully my buyer can understand that the nugget finder coils come in a plain shipping box only and are generally sold with no box at all.

Cheers.

Back to top Go down