Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Fisher PI Detector In the Works

+5
Narrawa
slimpickens
lytle78
kon61
gold bug sniper
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New Fisher PI Detector In the Works - Page 2 Empty Re: New Fisher PI Detector In the Works

Post  adrian ss Sat May 22, 2021 5:21 pm

Blimey what is so difficult about Fisher or other Fisher agents putting an AQ Impulse in the mail from America and sending it to Australia????? Why is Fisher so different from the thousands and thousands of other international traders dealing in bazillions of dollars of electronic stuff every day. scratch scratch scratch scratch
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 4344
Registration date : 2015-07-03

Back to top Go down

New Fisher PI Detector In the Works - Page 2 Empty Re: New Fisher PI Detector In the Works

Post  PeterInSa Sat May 22, 2021 6:17 pm

Worried that the electronics may/will be copied by manufacturers to the North of us.

PeterInSa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 276
Registration date : 2018-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanll Mon May 31, 2021 2:20 pm

Impulse buying. Exclamation Very Happy

New Fisher PI Detector In the Works - Page 2 Dscf1110

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon May 31, 2021 3:45 pm

G'day Ivan

Do let us know your thoughts on the new Fisher AQ Impulse, as compared to the older model Impulse jewellery/coin/relic detector

Cheers Kon. T25
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4504
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Mon May 31, 2021 4:59 pm

Congrats Ivanll. I think you may have the only AQ Imp in Australia. Am keen to learn your thoughts about this tecta. bounce
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Mon May 31, 2021 5:03 pm

PeterInSa wrote:Worried that the electronics may/will be copied by manufacturers to the North of us.

Does not make much difference how hard you try parasitic activity is difficult to eliminate.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanll Mon May 31, 2021 5:34 pm

adrian ss wrote:Congrats Ivanll. I think you may have the only AQ Imp in Australia. Am keen to learn your thoughts about this tecta. bounce

There are actually two Impulse AQ's in Qld.

It's very prone to EMI so sensitivity in my garden can't be over 2 which is low.
So far it is performing well in the garden on all the test object I have tried, mainly to get to know the sound mode sounds on low and high conductors.
As for depth that will be seen when I get to the beach, would prefer to go there when it's low tide.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A bit more:
Went to beach merely to see how it would handle wet sand and salt water, it was high tide and I didn't get this detector to go dry sand detecting.
No trouble with EMI, could run the sensitivity 8~9 and delay at 7.0µ sec. . . but at this setting small pieces of alu. foil and tiny rusty wire 1/2 size of a pin could not be rejected in disc (tone mode) nor could bottle caps and some hair pins.
Threshold sound is drifting towards louder, but so is a few other PI's I have used.

Last edited by ivanll on Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

geof_junk and adrian ss like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanll Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:01 pm

Kon61gold wrote:G'day Ivan
Do let us know your thoughts on the new Fisher AQ Impulse, as compared to the older model Impulse jewellery/coin/relic detector
Cheers Kon. T25

The old Fisher Impulse detector is an easy/lovely detector to use especially when water hunting.
The age/technology difference between the old (20+ years) and the new Impulse AQ is such it would not be a fair comparison.
Fisher Impulse AQ limited is around $700 up on the old Fisher Impulse.
Likewise I do not compare my SD-2000 to a GPX-6000.

ivanll

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

bushbasher90 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanll Sun Sep 05, 2021 5:16 pm

Just saw a YouTube video of an Impulse AQ being demonstrated by a detector dealer in India. Exclamation

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

moredeep likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanll Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:22 pm

The depth and coverage when using the 12" coil is way to much on some beaches, so I searched for and obtained an 8" coil which incl. a lower shaft; for those beaches.

DHL made the delivery, 6 days USA to me in TNQ Australia.

Attached the new coil and took it for a test.

I'm going to miss the coverage of the 12" coil but pinpointing with the 8" coil has definitely improved on all targets.

The audio sound difference between our $ coins and cupronickel cents have also improved as well as some other metals and shapes.

It's a winner. Exclamation

New Fisher PI Detector In the Works - Page 2 Aq_8in10

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

adrian ss and moredeep like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  adrian ss Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:11 pm

Sure must be a deep seeker if it has pushed you back to an 8 inch coil.

I will admit though that I have put the 8 inch mono onto the Infinium and the Sea hunter and am thinking of going smaller on the TDI.
Think it is mainly due to not being interested in digging deep holes any more. Even the safari can pick out small bits of ferrous rubbish like bobby pins and fish hooks annoyingly deep in the sand . Digging all targets is becoming less desirable for me these days. Back aches and knee pains is definitely slowing me down a bit.
adrian ss
adrian ss
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanll Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:50 am

If this post is disallowed, then just delete it.
It's not here to cause arguments, merely to show what some US users think.

Looks like there are some people that is not satisfied with their acquisition of the Fisher Impulse AQ Limited. Question

I'm Not one of them  Exclamation

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/19563-would-you-buy-an-aq-limited-if-you-could/

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanll Tue May 09, 2023 2:15 pm

Is there a message in this find Question
If so I'm not listening   Very Happy  Exclamation

New Fisher PI Detector In the Works - Page 2 Impuls13

ivanll
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2