Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GOLD FIELD ALLUVIAL DIGGINGS SHALLOW NUGGETTS

+3
CrazyPete
getascripter
krakenup
7 posters

Go down

GOLD FIELD ALLUVIAL DIGGINGS SHALLOW NUGGETTS Empty GOLD FIELD ALLUVIAL DIGGINGS SHALLOW NUGGETTS

Post  krakenup Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:16 pm

hi all i have been doing some interesting research on gold to be found in Sa suitable for detecting. And have found something interesting indeed as follows. Quote. MINTARO SHALLOW GOLD. MINTARO ALLUVIAL DIGGINGS SECTION ---- AND A SMALL ADJOINING RESERVE HUNDRED OF STANLEY. GOLD FROM SIX INCHES TO ONE FOOT TO TWO FOOT DEEP, IN RED CLAY AND WASH GRAVEL WHICH RESTS APON THE BEDROCK BENEATH. NUGGETTS OF A FEW OUNCES IN WHIEGHT FOUND, NUGGETTS ARE WATER WORN AND OF GOOD QUALITY INDEED. So there we go an interesting site indeed detectors should do very well in this area as bedrock is at the deepest two feet, with the gold nuggetts being found at. Six inches to one foot to two feet on the bedrock at two feet, very interesting ???. I for one will be seeking permission to detect in the areas , perhaps in groups of 2 or 4 guys as a group. Or singaly ??. Hmm i will let others know areas if interested and responsible eneough to make sure all holes will definitly be backfilled, no rubbish left at all rct rct, more or less common sense stuff realy, but we don't want a few irresponsible guys to ruin access to what could be some very worthwhile detecting spots. I have found several sites similar, which will be investigated as well i will keep this forum advised of success or otherwise. Regards krakenup ken.

krakenup
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2014-04-27

Back to top Go down

GOLD FIELD ALLUVIAL DIGGINGS SHALLOW NUGGETTS Empty Re: GOLD FIELD ALLUVIAL DIGGINGS SHALLOW NUGGETTS

Post  getascripter Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:52 am

Now that's an interesting post!! All I've ever found about that particular area is "slate", "slate", and more "slate". Interesting history about the town being deserted at the time of the great Victorian rushes, Spanish speaking South American muleteers being brought in to transport the slate & also grain, etc etc. at that time.

Be interesting to hear more on your studies! Not that it would be of too much interest to me, as a dry-washer & highbanker ... but interesting all the same!

Good luck to you
getascripter
getascripter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down

GOLD FIELD ALLUVIAL DIGGINGS SHALLOW NUGGETTS Empty Re: GOLD FIELD ALLUVIAL DIGGINGS SHALLOW NUGGETTS

Post  CrazyPete Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:47 pm

All wheat paddocks now and very deep soil from the constant ploughing and moving of soils.

Pete
CrazyPete
CrazyPete
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  AU_Toe Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:54 pm

G'Day Krakenup Ken

krakenup wrote:Sa suitable for detecting.

Not many of those left KK !!!

krakenup wrote:MINTARO SHALLOW GOLD. MINTARO ALLUVIAL DIGGINGS SECTION ---- AND A SMALL ADJOINING RESERVE HUNDRED OF STANLEY. GOLD FROM SIX INCHES TO ONE FOOT TO TWO FOOT DEEP, IN RED CLAY AND WASH GRAVEL WHICH RESTS APON THE BEDROCK BENEATH. NUGGETTS OF A FEW OUNCES IN WHIEGHT FOUND, NUGGETTS ARE WATER WORN AND OF GOOD QUALITY INDEED.

I can see from sarig that there are only two gold mines close to Mintaro SA - Mintaro Gold & Macdonalds, not that it has all the old mines, I have documented a hugh mine in the baroosa that SA gov wont add to the list.

I will put more details including the google maps 'coordinates' links that some folk get so upset about on my site (see signature) tonight Smile

You can count me in if you are looking to get a crew together, I'm less than 100ks from there & sick of wasting my time in the Barossa

BTW I only have a 705 so it will not interfere with your MD if its one of the fancy ones !!!
AU_Toe
AU_Toe
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2014-02-09

http://ozgold.itis.nu/

Back to top Go down

Post  wobblie cog bob Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:00 am

I believe that all that area is being cropped but it would be certainly worth looking into . Some of the first gold I panned around 35 yrs ago came from a couple of small plastic buckets of stuff I collected from a creek in that area but dont ask me where exactly it was coz I cant remember , I would also like to tag a long if im not working . Rob
wobblie cog bob
wobblie cog bob
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2013-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  HappyProspector2013 Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:20 pm

Has this trip happened yet? If not, when and where?
HappyProspector2013
HappyProspector2013
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2013-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post  wobblie cog bob Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:25 am

Gday HappyProspector haven't heard any more mate , perhaps the weather is a bit cool for them at this stage . If I hear anything I will get back to you . Rob
wobblie cog bob
wobblie cog bob
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  keen4au Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:06 pm

I would be keen to join in too.

keen4au
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2014-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  wobblie cog bob Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:15 am

No worries mate , If the Mintaro trip doesnt happen [which I dont think it will before the harvest of the crops Nov.-Dec.] we could organize another trip somewhere . Rob
wobblie cog bob
wobblie cog bob
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  keen4au Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:01 pm

Yeah agreed Rob, no use doing anything until early next year. But yes we could get a gang together, a few minds are better than one to find the elusive SA gold. Half my interest is the history of gold mining in SA and would be great just to find a piece or two.

keen4au
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  wobblie cog bob Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:40 pm

Exactly the same here mate , shall keep in touch . Rob
wobblie cog bob
wobblie cog bob
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  HappyProspector2013 Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:27 pm

Hey guys - can you keep me in the loop? Let me know if and when you plan something - as I live out of the city a bit of notice would be great. Unless you want to come up this way sometime - I'm at Roxby Downs?
Tony
HappyProspector2013
HappyProspector2013
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2013-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post  keen4au Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:37 pm

Hi HP. it's not out of the question to go up your way one day. Is there any spots up there? I know there's alot of gold around there but the detectors won't reach down hundreds of metres

keen4au
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:46 pm

Barossa =dead or unavailable..Sandy Creek/Cockatoo Valley/Gomersal = unavailable.....Mintaro = dead or unavailable...Echunga/Jupiters = dead and full of trash, except on Minelab's  UTube adverts for the 2300 where nugletts are suddenly apparently plentiful....but the 5000 can't find them...apparently..Mt Crawford =dead...Castanbul = Unavailable =shotguns in the backsides...... S.A. is largely unavailable IMO based on some 10+ years prospecting and panning in S.A when I had a property at Cockatoo Valley near Hisseys Gully in the Barossa Goldfields..........there is indeed gold in S.A. but...
All unenlightened/ignorant pseudo greenies.....and the unenlightened S.A. Gov't has no idea what it would mean to some of their struggling country Towns to make some Crown land available, but the gutless Pollies there would be scared of the ramifications...Peter Lewis was the last Pollie that understood what Ooleroo environs was all about, but he locked it up for himself....
Good luck the best thing about S.A. is the roads to the borders.. you are midway to either Victoria or W.A. where there is an abundance of enlightened folk, and land available to detect & who actually encourage/welcome you to prospect in their designated areas....and there is still a bit of gold...form a group and come across there are several Prospecting Business's that will show you how and where...
Good luck...hope you report back after your trip to Mintaro..don't attempt it in the dry season with the fallow/cut paddocks tinder dry and ready for a spark...happened on Southern Eyre Peninsula when I was there, devastating fires started by a prospectors exhaust/ shot muffler at Marble Range..killed 9 people...three were my friends..just my thoughts..never again S.A. for me.. bom  Hoo Roo

Back to top Go down

Post  wobblie cog bob Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:27 pm

Got to agree with all you said Larry cheers mate
wobblie cog bob
wobblie cog bob
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down