Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4500 Settings

2 posters

Go down

4500 Settings Empty 4500 Settings

Post  Kunnara Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:40 pm

Howdy folks.....I just bought a NF 8"x 6" but have yet to use it...On the 4500 do I need to change many settings to use this coil as opposed to the 10" mono that came with it or would just swapping coils and start detecting be ok??

Cheers...Kunnara

Kunnara
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2013-12-22

Back to top Go down

4500 Settings Empty Re: 4500 Settings

Post  Digginerup Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:02 pm

That's kind of a how long is a piece of string question, the short answer is anytime you turn on your machine regardless of coil or location or whatever if you can not achieve a satisfactory stable threshold that you can distinguish targets in then you will need to make adjustments to correct the problem and optimise the machines operation, refer to your manual for corrective actions.

Wayne. cheers
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Kunnara Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:27 pm

Thanks for the reply Digger...I should get out over the weekend so I will see how I go,so much to learn...

Cheers...Kunnara

Kunnara
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2013-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:43 pm

G'day Kunnara

Basicly if your 11" commander mono was running nicely then the same or similar settings will work ok with the NF 8"x 6" mono, it will be a bit more sensitive than the larger coil so signals will come through nice and clear.

Good luck out there.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down