Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

questions on eliptical 14inch dd coils

3 posters

Go down

questions on eliptical 14inch dd coils Empty questions on eliptical 14inch dd coils

Post  krakenup Sat May 17, 2014 2:16 pm

hi all what a great site this is. Right i am thinking of getting an elliptical DD coil for my f1a4 minelab detector which are basicly a sd2200. Ok which coil would be best on my machine i have a coiltek 14 inch dd pro at presant. And would like an eliptical coil about the same size or slightly bigger ??? Of the same ability, sensitivity ect what can i get thanks.????? . I was thinking maybee the coiltek ones the platypuss joey ect would they be ok to use on the sd2200 type detector.???. Regards krakenup. Ken.

krakenup
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2014-04-27

Back to top Go down

questions on eliptical 14inch dd coils Empty Re: questions on eliptical 14inch dd coils

Post  CostasDee Sat May 17, 2014 3:04 pm

There is the Coiltek 17x12 DD, but the 14 that you have would probably be better to use. As far as DDs go, the biggest that I know of is a older 24x12 (I think it's 12) DD, but they're not all that common anymore.
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

questions on eliptical 14inch dd coils Empty a bit big for me lol

Post  krakenup Sat May 17, 2014 11:30 pm

CostasDee wrote:There is the Coiltek 17x12 DD, but the 14 that you have would probably be better to use. As far as DDs go, the biggest that I know of is a older 24x12 (I think it's 12) DD, but they're not all that common anymore.
a bit big for me Costas i would need the wife to wheel me along with the coil stickin out the back like an oar lol, turn right, turn left, stop , get ready to dig love, haha my wife would dig all right , six feet by three by seven lol. I reckon i will just stick with the 14inch DD pro then Costas. I reckon next week i may give Crawford fully a bash. Or maybee a gold sight i have tracked down localy just out from Clare. Sold one of my minelabs to a contrator digger guy yesterday and he told me of some old gold diggings in this area and an old mine going into the hillside, while he was digging he unrarthed a nugget and this has enthused him to buy a minelab from me a sd2200d, so i am going to check out that area myself to. If they don't mind that is ??? Time will tell. I wonder if any guys on the forum here have ever found an unknown gold bearing area in SA.???. Would be most interested to know thanks, i am not greedy and am willing to share info on new areas as there is always plenty of detecting room to go round. Regards krakenup ken

krakenup
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2014-04-27

Back to top Go down

questions on eliptical 14inch dd coils Empty Re: questions on eliptical 14inch dd coils

Post  kon61 Sun May 18, 2014 8:19 pm

G'day Ken.

Something similar to the 14 inch DD Pro,would be its elliptical brother the 17x11. Although as Costas stated your 14 pro round will have a slight edge in depth on the multi-gram slugs,over that of the 17x11 dd pro.But that said,being elliptical in shape,you'll get better manoeuvrability through thick scrub or rocky terrain than the round would,with a little better or should I say sharper signal response on all positive targets in general,especially on the gram/sub gram gold.

Cheers Kon. What a Face
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down