Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solar power led light.

2 posters

Go down

Solar power led light. Empty Solar power led light.

Post  pinpointa Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:45 pm

Hi Guys,

Can anybody give me some advice on a led solar light that i want to put under my awning of my camper. I have no idea how bright a 12 led light is to a 60 watt globe. Do you think i will have to go to more led or would that be bright enough.

Regards Pinpointa.  bounce 
pinpointa
pinpointa
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2014-02-07

Back to top Go down

Solar power led light. Empty Re: Solar power led light.

Post  Guest Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:55 pm

G'day Pinpointa,

Depends on the LEDs some are brighter than others and if it is the bright LED then 12 would be heaps bright enough. We have replaced all our lights in our Caravan with LEDs and find they are brighter than the original ones. Using less battery power as well.

Back to top Go down

Post  pinpointa Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:23 pm

Thanks for the help mike, I got a 10 led solar light with remote control from bunnings today and it will do the trick as if you come back to camp you only have to give it a flick and wella you have light. At $24.95 i am impressed its just enough light for the covered in awning.

Regards Pinpointa.  Smile 
pinpointa
pinpointa
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2014-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerryx4 Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:48 pm

In my suzuki I have 5x 12in LED strips ($24 ebay)
I've wired them to a jump starter pack via cigarette lighter plug..
The jump stater (smallest @ kmart 900amp) will power them for around 42hrs continuously.
The plan was to eventually get a 20-40w panel and a small (eg motorbike) battery to power/recharge them.
If you saw my zook from 2 hills away you would swear to ***** u saw a UFO and call the Plod asap!
Jerryx4
Jerryx4
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2012-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:37 pm

mate I use a Blue Narva work light --led has a clip and magnet in the mid section--lasts about 8 hours on continuous use so lasts a few days then recharge 12v or 240v

U can see the light from a great distance and u will not be disappointed --the beauty of it is u can also take it with u when changing a tyre or going bush to squat--or what ever takes yah fancy--generally I leave mine on for about 3 hours then turn off and enjoy the stars around a camp fire.
Its very portable.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down