Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tuena? anyone had any luck there?

5 posters

Go down

Tuena? anyone had any luck there? Empty Tuena? anyone had any luck there?

Post  Guest Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:20 pm

Howdy, just wondering if anyone has had any luck at Tuena?
Had a little go there on the weekend, but am wondering...?
I had myself thinking i was onto to something Tuena? anyone had any luck there? Affraid halfway down a gully in an eroded section, barely got a signal from the extreme, but found a piece of wiggly ferrous poo about 12" down, was about as big as your little finger. Tuena? anyone had any luck there? Icon_jokercolor

Anyone had any luck there?

Cheers.

Back to top Go down

Tuena? anyone had any luck there? Empty Re: Tuena? anyone had any luck there?

Post  gedanate Thu May 21, 2015 12:15 am

I have seen other fossickers get a few flakes of colour when I went camping at Tuena in March this year (2015). They knew what they were doing, but for me it was my first attempt. I was happy just to be shown how to use a pan to look for gold in the creek.

There was lots of clay, and it was a pain to try and work with, but I didn't find any gold that day. I may go back and try again in the not-too-distant future. It was cheap to camp there and there were hot showers as well for $2. Bloody LUXURY, if you ask me!  Nice General Store as well, where food and cold beer can be found. Pay $5 a night to camp ($10 if you need power).

Tuena? anyone had any luck there? P3140010

Tuena? anyone had any luck there? P3140011

Last edited by gedanate on Thu May 21, 2015 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to correct photos)
gedanate
gedanate
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2015-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post  aussie farmer Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:32 pm

I tried a bit of detecting at tuena , but the surfaced areas were covered with nails and metal junk , they must of had a nail fight I reckon . I figured they must have nearly been living and working in the same spot for it to be so junky , no gold Crying or Very sad I have run the sluice in the gravels but .3 of a gram for a hard days toil . Rolling Eyes
the creek has plenty of wire in it for the detector and when I did find the perfect target crammed In a crevice it turned out to be shotgun pellets.
great spot for a get away but slim chances of detectable gold.
aussie farmer
aussie farmer
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2016-02-07

Back to top Go down

Tuena? anyone had any luck there? Empty Tuena? anyone had any luck there?

Post  nuggertman Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:48 pm

the parramatta prospecting club just spent 2/3 days up there and found some small bits,,,,,, but wait till it raind and you will get gold..... dont forget trunky creek///// a lot og gold out of there to , gl m8
nuggertman
nuggertman
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2010-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post  chrism Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:48 pm

Ive been out there a few times over the last few years both highbanking and detecting.
Like the other posts say......there is a lot of trash on the grounds but I have seen some small pieces gained above the banks.
The highbanking has always been "productive" given the alluvial in the area. just gotta pick your ground like anything. The river is in need of a good flood to bring the good times back though. Always a fun place to go to and always bound to bump into fellow prospectors ready for a good yarn and few sherbets around the fire
Cheers
ChrisM
chrism
chrism
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2012-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post  nuggethill Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:14 am

Tuena a quiet town now since they closed the pub but you can still get a beer across the road
if you can get onto private land there's a good chance of hitting gold
nuggethill
nuggethill
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2016-02-23

http://nuggethill65@gmail.com

Back to top Go down