Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STOLEN PROSPECTING EQUIPMENT FROM CRESWICK, VICTORIA

+8
Gold_Tours
kon61
CostasDee
Minermike
goldsak
Digginerup
someday
Lynnie1966
12 posters

Go down

STOLEN PROSPECTING EQUIPMENT FROM CRESWICK, VICTORIA Empty STOLEN PROSPECTING EQUIPMENT FROM CRESWICK, VICTORIA

Post  Lynnie1966 Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:11 pm

Gidday members - Just want to let everyone know to keep and eye out for stolen prospecting equipment that was taken from a friends property - I have permission from the owner James Keays, who has his own prospecting business, to post it up here as I feel it may get more people aware out there that there is a lot of low life scum Mad 

Please report if you see any of the equipment mentioned below, to James keays via me or to the Creswick police - Also if anyone sees similar items for sale on eBay or GumTree, then please report it. Thanks guys Very Happy Very Happy 

James Keays

Took the wife and kids out panning for the 1st time in years only to discover that ALL MY EQUIPMENT WAS STOLEN from my creek. I'm putting the word out now (it HAS to be someone I know and was planned because it would have taken 2 people to lift and carry it through the bush and needed a trailer/ute to take it)...if you took it, you have 1, and I mean 1 chance to return it. If you dont return it, you better hope the police get you before I do. You cant expect to mess with my JOB and there be no consequences. LOW LIFE SCUM...did you WORK to EARN the money to buy it....NO...you just took it. Missing 2 sluice boxes and 2" dredge. Blue 2" pipe on the dredge and the sluice boxes were a huge pontoon type one and a small 2 tiered Keen sluice box. In box me privately if you know who did this.
Lynnie1966
Lynnie1966
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2012-08-08

Back to top Go down

STOLEN PROSPECTING EQUIPMENT FROM CRESWICK, VICTORIA Empty Re: STOLEN PROSPECTING EQUIPMENT FROM CRESWICK, VICTORIA

Post  someday Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:32 pm

Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  affraid 

Have you tried ringing DPI Question  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked 
someday
someday
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1582
Registration date : 2012-11-06

Back to top Go down

STOLEN PROSPECTING EQUIPMENT FROM CRESWICK, VICTORIA Empty Re: STOLEN PROSPECTING EQUIPMENT FROM CRESWICK, VICTORIA

Post  Digginerup Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:46 pm

Lynnie1966 wrote:Gidday members - Just want to let everyone know to keep and eye out for stolen prospecting equipment that was taken from a friends property - I have permission from the owner James Keays, who has his own prospecting business, to post it up here as I feel it may get more people aware out there that there is a lot of low life scum Mad 

Please report if you see any of the equipment mentioned below, to James keays via me or to the Creswick police - Also if anyone sees similar items for sale on eBay or GumTree, then please report it. Thanks guys  Very Happy Very Happy 

James Keays

Took the wife and kids out panning for the 1st time in years only to discover that ALL MY EQUIPMENT WAS STOLEN from my creek. I'm putting the word out now (it HAS to be someone I know and was planned because it would have taken 2 people to lift and carry it through the bush and needed a trailer/ute to take it)...if you took it, you have 1, and I mean 1 chance to return it. If you dont return it, you better hope the police get you before I do. You cant expect to mess with my JOB and there be no consequences. LOW LIFE SCUM...did you WORK to EARN the money to buy it....NO...you just took it. Missing 2 sluice boxes and 2" dredge. Blue 2" pipe on the dredge and the sluice boxes were a huge pontoon type one and a small 2 tiered Keen sluice box. In box me privately if you know who did this.
pale did you say dredge?.... I do sympathise with anyone robbed of their hard earned goods but isn't dredging illegal down that way scratch , perhaps the authorities ( whoever that is down in mexico) have taken it in?

Wayne.cheers 
Digginerup
Digginerup
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2399
Registration date : 2012-05-17

Back to top Go down

STOLEN PROSPECTING EQUIPMENT FROM CRESWICK, VICTORIA Empty DPI confiscation possibility

Post  goldsak Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:42 am

someday wrote:Shocked   Shocked   Shocked   affraid 

Have you tried ringing DPI  Question    Shocked   Shocked   Shocked   
So true if these worms came across your gear they would of swiped it for the crown "or possibly themselves" i would explore this avenue!!! Good luck mate i hope you sort this out my thoughts are with you!! Evil or Very Mad 

goldsak
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2013-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Minermike Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:17 pm

Are you admitting , in writing , that you were dredging in the state of Victoria ? I think you are in deep s**t.
Minermike
Minermike
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post  CostasDee Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:59 pm

Ok guys, as some of you are showing concern, admin has followed up the point of the dredge. It is not a piece of equipment that gets used for it's initial purpose (dredging). As the person concerned has a gold tour business he show people as a part of training all aspects/ways which are possible to find gold. We have been told that the dredge does not get used regardless and is only part of his business and tour equipment, therefore we do not have an issue with listing it as one of the items stolen.
CostasDee
CostasDee
Management

Number of posts : 3971
Registration date : 2010-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Minermike Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:18 pm

Don't you think the laws in Australia are stupid ? You can buy a dredge but not use it. In NSW you can buy covers for your number plate , from K-Mart, but when you drive 50 mts. to their car service area , they say they are illegal , for a pink slip . You have to take them off. Too , too , many laws and too, too many people in government . They are only there to get a big pay packet and pension. Julia will get $500,000 every year for the rest of her life, that is what I read. Just my opion .
Minermike
Minermike
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Minermike Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:28 pm

How long was the gear left in the creek before he went back ? Even if you think you are in a remote area , some body will turn up, at any hour. That is what I have found out, lock every thing up , even if you think you are in a remote area. I have found this out from experience . [ loss]
Minermike
Minermike
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:46 pm

Ahh MinerMike,you couldn't be more right in what you say about politicians.I do take it that people here know there's a 4th pay rise coming for all politicians before Christmas this year,since March last year.Imagine that? 4 pay rises in a period of over 19 months? I of all people should know better than to talk politics on a gold detecting and prospecting forum,but it just makes me sick thinking about what the lowest ranked politicians get in pension retirement funds,including fringe concession benefits,which currently stand at well over 4+ times that of the average working class Aussie battler all up.As for the ex prime minister,well,you could say they're in a league of their own.I do apologize for venting my mad political ramblings folks,for this is not the place to talk politics,and will say nothing more concerning politics,unless it involves gold.Laughing 

Cheers Kon.What a Face 
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  someday Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:26 pm

Kon I reckon you'd be a good bloke to catch up with! Laughing 

Um the topic, um, um, like if it is a touristy thing, then um, well um it could be, well, anyone!!
doesn't read that way to me Shocked 
someday
someday
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

STOLEN PROSPECTING EQUIPMENT FROM CRESWICK, VICTORIA Empty People are quick to judge and jump to conclusions.

Post  Gold_Tours Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:02 pm

I run HISTORIC gold tours...that includes ALL types of prospecting. OWNING a dredge is NOT ILLEGAL. These people need to pull their head in and see the FACTS. It was NEVER mentioned that I USE the dredge just that it was stolen...who's to say it was not handed down from my father or HIS father for that matter. How can I get the word out that my gear was stolen if I can't say WHAT was stolen. By the way...I'm the president of the Ballarat P.M.A.V....I DO know the laws on dredges and would not run a dredge for fear of losing my position. Got'a love these people who judge for afar. James Keays.
Gold_Tours
Gold_Tours
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-12-04

https://www.facebook.com/groups/goldtours/

Back to top Go down

Post  someday Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:09 pm

agreed, but wouldn't it have been better to clear up some possible misconceptions first!

dredge, your creek, these were sure signs for possible misinterpretation Shocked 
someday
someday
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Minermike Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:37 pm

You should have stated that you were not "using " the dredge. It would have saved all this.
Minermike
Minermike
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

STOLEN PROSPECTING EQUIPMENT FROM CRESWICK, VICTORIA Empty Stolen equipment

Post  Gold_Tours Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:02 pm

If you look at the 1st post you will see that I didn't post it...it was copied from another post on facebook and re-posted by someone else.
Gold_Tours
Gold_Tours
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:08 pm

Gidday ,James
Do you have any pics of the stolen equipment ?
I get into the local forests prospecting around Ballarat quite a bit because I live here .If I know what I`m looking for , I will keep an eye out for you.

Cheers,

Hush Hush

Back to top Go down

STOLEN PROSPECTING EQUIPMENT FROM CRESWICK, VICTORIA Empty Stolen equipment

Post  Gold_Tours Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:29 pm

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152218457220744&set=p.10152218457220744&type=1&theater  Almost the same as this...IDK if you can view that? And the other one was a 6 foot long, 1 - 1 and 1/2 foot wide pontoon type with 1" square mesh (without the pontoons) 6-8" round inlet. Sorry but I don't have pics of it. I might have a vid somewhere in my computer? I'll look for it/them and post them if I find them.
Gold_Tours
Gold_Tours
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:23 pm

No worries. I`ll keep an eye out.

Cheers.
Hush Hush

Back to top Go down

STOLEN PROSPECTING EQUIPMENT FROM CRESWICK, VICTORIA Empty The small Keene sluice that was taken

Post  Gold_Tours Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:04 pm

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152226667145744
Gold_Tours
Gold_Tours
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  digalot Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:27 pm

Will keep an eye out as I live in the triangle and get out a fair bit. Watched the facebook shot the rig looked great but the kids
and the look on their faces wonderful.

digalot
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2013-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post  NF Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:37 pm

Goodonya James
NF
NF
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2013-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey22 Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:21 pm

Hi James,

Sorry to hear about your loss.
I still have my dredge that is gaving dust in the shed, its like trying to part with an old friend.
I was in the creek at Creswick yesterday looking some colour back breaking work with a shovel.
Dredges thay were hard work too, funny how the geenies miss guided fools can ruin something we enjoyed doing.

Smokey22

smokey22
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:36 pm

CostasDee wrote:Ok guys, as some of you are showing concern, admin has followed up the point of the dredge. It is not a piece of equipment that gets used for it's initial purpose (dredging). As the person concerned has a gold tour business he show people as a part of training all aspects/ways which are possible to find gold. We have been told that the dredge does not get used regardless and is only part of his business and tour equipment, therefore we do not have an issue with listing it as one of the items stolen.
This piece of information should have been put up in the O/P !

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:55 pm

Gold_Tours wrote:I run HISTORIC gold tours...that includes ALL types of prospecting. OWNING a dredge is NOT ILLEGAL. These people need to pull their head in and see the FACTS. It was NEVER mentioned that I USE the dredge just that it was stolen...who's to say it was not handed down from my father or HIS father for that matter. How can I get the word out that my gear was stolen if I can't say WHAT was stolen. By the way...I'm the president of the Ballarat P.M.A.V....I DO know the laws on dredges and would not run a dredge for fear of losing my position. Got'a love these people who judge for afar. James Keays.
What size was the dredge ? Had you disabled the pump or punched holes in the bottom of the pontoons ? I do agree they knew what they were doing in that they were well organised in the stealing of these items . When was the last time you saw the items that were stolen! Did the scumbags take ALL of your equipment or just the dredge items ? 
I do prospect in an area where there has/ is a lot of dredging taking place so I will keep a look out for your property but as I use an iPad I can't see any of your pics .

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:40 am

CostasDee wrote:Ok guys, as some of you are showing concern, admin has followed up the point of the dredge. It is not a piece of equipment that gets used for it's initial purpose (dredging). As the person concerned has a gold tour business he show people as a part of training all aspects/ways which are possible to find gold. We have been told that the dredge does not get used regardless and is only part of his business and tour equipment, therefore we do not have an issue with listing it as one of the items stolen.
Sorry I don't get it, a likely story (A Dredge Taken from down at the creek)

It is like me saying that I run a "Pig Hunting Tour & Training Business" where by I show these people who pay me to inform them all types of methods to hunt "Pigs" & one of my training aids is an AK47 Assult rifle, we all know they can't be used to hunt pigs or any thing else for that matter because they are illegal.
A "Dredge" is illegal to use for the recovery of gold, so why show people this piece of equipment that can't be used, in my opinion this is wrong & will perpetuate illegal dredging if this education continues.
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:35 pm

scratch 
kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  rc62burke Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:18 pm

Hey Kon
What are you scratching your head over? more info required mate.
rc62burke
rc62burke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Back to top Go down