Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meentheena marble bar

3 posters

Go down

Meentheena marble bar  Empty Meentheena marble bar

Post  Dreadful Fri May 10, 2013 11:27 am

Hey guys heading west on monday and will be heading up marble bar way for the season. I came across a vets retreat at Meentheena during my searching.... http://www.ranveteranswelfare.asn.au/social/Meentheena%20Retreat.pdf .... this place is nearly7,000 acres and looks like it could be worth a look around the property or as a base camp I was thinking. Anyone been up there ?
Dreadful
Dreadful
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2013-01-05

Back to top Go down

Meentheena marble bar  Empty Re: Meentheena marble bar

Post  shelby23 Fri May 10, 2013 11:52 am

I am a Vet and have stayed there for a week.
There is a Vet caretaker you have to contact.
He will arrange for you to stay there.
He has anger management issues so be weary, as he will turn on you without warning.
There is a lady in Marble Bar you have to book in for your stay.
Good luck with your stay there.

shelby23
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 685
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreadful Fri May 10, 2013 12:07 pm

Cheers Shelby, I've been in contact with Norm and have the paperwork underway ... Cheers for the heads up on the caretaker I came across a similar guy around Kal last trip He had used too much mercury in his chase for gold and man, He swung like a pendulum Shocked ... all good I'll put a bit of space between us and hope for the best .... Did You do any prospecting whilst out there ?
Dreadful
Dreadful
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Kon61gold Mon May 13, 2013 1:50 pm

Received this from Don Bryan

We have noticed that several of your members have been conversing about Meentheena Conservation Park. We have joined your site but note that new members cannot post for 7 days, can you please contact them as if they send money they will achieve nothing as we are the controllers of the Park area by lease arrangement. Norm was president but lost election in November 2012. and he is illegally trying to take money and make his own arrangements. We have authority from Dept. Commerce WA.

Our website veteransretreatswa-meentheena.org ; Facebook/VeteransRetreatsWA ; email veteransretreats.wa.inc@gmail.com

We have 110 members and include police, army, navy, men & women (well a few) ambo's and SES are joining.

We are recognised by all ex service organisations and stste government departments.

and yes the caretaker can be grumpy at times but ignore him if he's grumpy, if he's happy he can show people around.

Contact me if I can help.

Don Bryan
Secretary
Veterans Retreats of WA Inc.
Kon61gold
Kon61gold
Management

Number of posts : 4505
Registration date : 2008-10-16

https://golddetecting.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreadful Fri May 24, 2013 4:47 pm

Cheers Jefgold and Don, saved me a few bucks there i reckon cheers .... had spoken to Norm but will definately be in touch with You guys.
Dreadful
Dreadful
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down