Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Metal detector for Coins and Relics only.

4 posters

Go down

Metal detector for Coins and Relics only. Empty Metal detector for Coins and Relics only.

Post  goldquest Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:05 pm

Which is the best metal detector specific for coins and relics on the market, apart from Minelab CTX 3030? Considering that I intend to use it in Victoria and mostly in GT.
Any suggestion will be appreciated.
For gold I already have a GPX 5000.
Cheers
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Metal detector for Coins and Relics only. Empty Re: Metal detector for Coins and Relics only.

Post  Detectist Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:55 pm

You are likely to get a lot of differing responses to this one!

I use an Etrac and after learning how to use it properly it has found a lot of stuff (some of it good!!) for me. I do recommend it but it is the only one I've used.
Detectist
Detectist
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Metal detector for Coins and Relics only. Empty coins & relics

Post  ttrash Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:14 pm

Gday Goldquest

Do you have a budget...?

If youve got the $$ - then a CTX3030 would be my choice...!
There are quite a few posts on it here , Perhaps Hire one out & try

2nd choice - Etrac

ttrash
ttrash
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 662
Registration date : 2011-11-20

Back to top Go down

Metal detector for Coins and Relics only. Empty Re: Metal detector for Coins and Relics only.

Post  goldquest Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:23 pm

Thank you guys, I agree with you ttrash, unfortunately I don't know how to justify the $ 2700 for a CTX3030 after spending $ 6,500 for the GPX5000, whereas looking for gold is my primary choice, I was looking for something more economical but specific for coins and relics.
The iTrac is not easy to find second-hand and I read somewhere that is complicated to operate. scratch Any other suggestion? Question
Cheers
goldquest
goldquest
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Stealth914 Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:03 pm

With budget in mind the xterra 705 Gold pack with its 5-10" DD coil works great for me with great depth & now I'm getting used to it the TID are getting easier by the day I have found a couple of pennys & 1 half penny
heaps of current coins bout $50 worth just in the last 4 weeks.

Not sure on the price but think its round the $850 mark & if you haven't got one yet definitly get a pinpointer as this saves heaps of time & hole size.

Cheers Tony

Stealth914
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2013-05-09

Back to top Go down