Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toyota Landcruisers- asking for info and opinions for the range of models

2 posters

Go down

Toyota Landcruisers- asking for info and opinions for the range of models Empty Toyota Landcruisers- asking for info and opinions for the range of models

Post  Guest Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:10 pm

gday, i know the mitsubishi will need replacing one day....... so
First model i am interested in is the Toyota Landscuiser 1985 HJ60 2H diesel- manual.

Wondering on what people think of this motor, running gear etc.
Are they a 5 speed manual?

I may be able to pick one up thats been sitting around that just needs a few things done like
(sellers descriptions- i have not inspected vehicle yet.)
Clutch cylinder needs replacing (not sure if slave or master or both??)
Rust in door and side panel
tyres need reaplceing (rims totally fine)
since it hasnt been started in a while, fluids probably need bleeding and replacing

Cheers,

FF.

Back to top Go down

Toyota Landcruisers- asking for info and opinions for the range of models Empty Re: Toyota Landcruisers- asking for info and opinions for the range of models

Post  Gold Miner Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:39 pm

80 series diesels are bombproof mate.
Is it a ute or wagon?
Gold Miner
Gold Miner
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 648
Registration date : 2012-09-28

Back to top Go down

Toyota Landcruisers- asking for info and opinions for the range of models Empty Re: Toyota Landcruisers- asking for info and opinions for the range of models

Post  goldenhero Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:51 am

Hi ff , the 60 series diesel wagons were a rock solid vehicle in there day , but are a bit dated now , being an 85 model will be 5 speed . Be wary especially if it is a high mileage vehicle the 2H motors are expensive to rebuild that goes for the rest of the mechanicals . were also notorious for rust in the roof seams . By all means check it out , could be a good one just needing minor repairs , but be thorough if possible get a mechanics opinion . cheers Mick

goldenhero
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2012-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:36 pm

Thanks for the replies.

Gold Miner- it is a wagon. Silver with bullbar and offroad rims.

Goldenhero- it has only done 50,000 kms on a rebuilt engine (will ask the question about where & when etc....)
No more specifics yet, will try to have a look tomorrow, have just been too busy.
Will keep an eye out for the roof seam rust you mentioned. Hopefully it's been garaged/ shedded while not in use for a few years....

Will let you know how i go. It's advertised at $2000 make an offer.

Cheers, FF.

Back to top Go down

Post  goldenhero Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:44 am

Goodluck with the inspection FF , price seems more than reasonable , lets us know the result . cheers Mick

goldenhero
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 532
Registration date : 2012-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:04 pm

cheers GH,

well, an inspection was arranged for today. 5pm. I didn't like the time offered as it is starting to get dark these days at that time....

Anyway, went to check the ad again on gumtree today and well guess what?

There was a new listing for it as well as the old one. The new listing had photos (original listing- no photos) and a bit more history.

The vehicle had been sitting for 6 years...outdoors, and with a bit more rust than originally described.
(the location has one of the highest rainfalls of NSW...)

Oh, and the price had gone up to $3000 Suspect scratch

So i cancelled the inspection. Got enough work to do without that and don't have money to blow.

Anyway, cheers for the responses.

FF.

Back to top Go down