Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No go zones in WA

3 posters

Go down

No go zones in WA Empty No go zones in WA

Post  philip.j.thompson Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:14 pm

Hi all I have been doing a lot of research on WA and with help from many in the forum have worked out how to use, not mastered the tengraph and google earth links. However the more I research the more I come across suggestions of don't bother as you will knocked back ie, specking patch, salt lakes, small tenements ( fair enough they probably are taken up by individual detectorists) etc. We are heading to Leonora and doing a week with Nuggets Down Under. The plan then was to have a detect for a couple of weeks then move on. Detecting will only be part of this holiday and I am trying to work out if I continue to bother considering doing any applications at all?
regards Phil

philip.j.thompson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 725
Registration date : 2012-07-24

Back to top Go down

No go zones in WA Empty No go zones in WA

Post  charliec Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:06 pm

Hi Philip,
PM sent.

Charlie

charliec
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2010-07-13

Back to top Go down

No go zones in WA Empty Re: No go zones in WA

Post  Nightjar Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:13 am

Phil,
Best advice is to select your EL (Exploration Licence) area then submit a 40E, remembering you require written permission/confirmation from owners of Mining & Prospecting Leases.
There are heavy penalties for illegal prospecting.
This may sound daunting but if you get off on the right foot, do your homework and always seek permission, work to the DMP rules you will be welcome back.
It is always courteous to contact the Pastoral Lease holder, they know the land, if you're lucky some very handy information is sometimes forth coming.

Good luck

Peter
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

No go zones in WA Empty extended conversation with Perth

Post  philip.j.thompson Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:33 pm

Once you put details on 40E they cannot be changed. Told to include an addendum to return to Applicant service address, in my case PO if on the road. Send application to nearest sub-station, that means registrar office you are applying to. If you do not know rego number of van, that's me as still being built, at least put down make model. PO hold is apparently good for 3 weeks. I hope this info helps others as I have been following this hassle for over a month.
regards Phil and thanks for all help

philip.j.thompson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 725
Registration date : 2012-07-24

Back to top Go down