Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Origin and location(s) of Gold

3 posters

Go down

Origin and location(s) of Gold Empty Origin and location(s) of Gold

Post  Guest Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:07 am

Hello all, probab. many had the thought, where ,Gold, is coming from,,,, the origin. Lately in the medias, the word, gold is originated in space, but how transported and where from space. Please correct me, if i am mistaken !!
With little research, you find science theories, (more related with the origin of carbonado black diamonds, prove of spaceorigin since 2010),(Cryptocrystalline, multilayer), which suposed to be one of the first two elements reborn after a megasun explosion(min 7 times bigger then our one), then Very Happy all the heavy stuff, including gold. (in crystalline form ?)
But no gold in meteorites been found, what do you think ?
I do have an other info, if some is interested. Thanks Smile

Back to top Go down

Origin and location(s) of Gold Empty Re: Origin and location(s) of Gold

Post  Nightjar Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:42 am

Hey Crypto,
You've been reading too many Superman comics.
The South African gold mines are over 3 mile deep.

Peter
Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2688
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Origin and location(s) of Gold Empty Origin and location(s) of Gold

Post  Guest Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:41 am

Good Night,
what kind of ...., but with 3miles deep south african superman comics, there is not much to win, right.
Never the less, kind regards and sorry to start this W.T.F (World.Treasure.Finds) question. End

Back to top Go down

Post  tezz Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:33 pm

Listening to a scientist the other night on TV he said their was a lot of gold in the nickle/iron asteroids and also said most of the gold on Earth is deep down at the core with the molten iron.
I did see some footage years ago of a local getting nuggets high up on the side of an active volcano in New Guinea, a small creek had formed due to heavy rain and he was panning with what looked like a garbage tin lid, the nuggets were quite big.
tezz
tezz
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 227
Registration date : 2010-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post  jc84 Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:27 pm

I don't think we'll ever be able to know for certain, i.e. we wont be able to replicate the forces involved with a supernova.
But it makes sense, and we accept hydrogen forming helium, so it makes sense that Suns would be layers of more dense matter.

A meteorite doesn't have to come from the remains of a Sun, there is an unfathomable amount of matter in the universe, therefore it makes sense that not all meteorites would contain gold, or any heavy mater for that matter.

Let's say we go along with the story that this earthly Earth of ours is 4.5 billion years old, at some point in time it would have been quite the molten mass (i.e. no shell crust), perhaps in an area of the universe with more heavy matter (ex supernova) meteorites, so the fact that gold would be found down to depths of 3km makes sense, the idea that earths core would be chock full of gold, silver, platinum, osmiridium also makes sense. Where do you find gold? At the lowest point.

Into the Universe by Stephen Hawkins is a good watch.

jc84
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2013-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:55 pm

Nightjar wrote:Hey Crypto,
You've been reading too many Superman comics.
The South African gold mines are over 3 mile deep.

Peter

They may be 3 mile deep, but that ground was originally on the surface. Most of the south African gold comes from a massive ancient lake bed which is now a conglomerate. Here is a story on how it got there.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com.au/news/2002/09/0923_020923_wiregold.html

Back to top Go down