Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello From Scotland

2 posters

Go down

Hello From Scotland Empty Hello From Scotland

Post  Mountain Prospector Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:48 am

Hi all Smile

I have been prospecting for natural and man made treasures for a while in Canada and Europe (currently in Scotland) using both traditional water sluicing and electronic detector methods. The dream of trying my luck in Australia for a nice nugget has always been in my mind and this forum seems the perfect place to ask experienced people on the subject.

Hopefully my questions about your country and my proposed idea for detecting won't be to stupid Smile

Thanks and I will post my question in the proper thread.

Cheers
Mountain Prospector

Mountain Prospector
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2013-02-26

Back to top Go down

Hello From Scotland Empty Re: Hello From Scotland

Post  Guest Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:14 pm

Hi Mountain Prospector,
Welcome to the forum.
Fire as many questions as you want.We are expert on Australia Smile
There are members all over the country so someone will be able to give you the answers.
Feel free to search some topics as lot of overseas members do come here for detecting trips so some info would be there already.
GoldEN

Back to top Go down

Hello From Scotland Empty Re: Hello From Scotland

Post  Guest Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:30 am

G'day Mountain Prospector and welcome to the forum. Very Happy . As Golden has said there are many members on here who can answer your questions. I would suggest if you do come to Australia to prospect that you book in and attend a tour with one of the many tour groups. This will help you with the laws for the areas you intend to prospect. Hope this information may help you.

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

Hello From Scotland Empty Advice ?..... not much help

Post  EuropIan Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:26 am

Hi, always interested to hear of someone having a go. Sorry to be negative but from my post looking for similar contact I got 330 odd reads & 5 replies, one from a Swede asking me to pass on any info I get & 4 telling me about the heat & flies etc (I'd already asked them NOT to) If you've already managed Canada (interested to know what & where) & Europe (?????) then you've probably got more experience under your belt than most of the folk you're asking to advise you. If you're set on OZ then a guided outing is a good idea otherwise you'd be wasting a lot of your time sorting all required for a trip of your own. Otherwise ... do some research on NZ. Best of luck wherever you go, Ian

EuropIan
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-12-30

Back to top Go down