Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Off Topic- First Scotland Gold Panning Trip Of '18

4 posters

Go down

Off Topic- First Scotland Gold Panning Trip Of '18 Empty Off Topic- First Scotland Gold Panning Trip Of '18

Post  goldgrabber Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:13 am

Just got back from a gold panning trip in the campervan up to Tyndrum, Scotland, a 500 mile round trip. Went for 4 days and encountered all weather conditions from sun to blizzard -8c temps but had a great time, found some nice bits of gold and the van didn't miss a beat. I made a little video of the trip away, showing some of the gold panning too for anyone interested:
goldgrabber
goldgrabber
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2015-04-09

Back to top Go down

Off Topic- First Scotland Gold Panning Trip Of '18 Empty Re: Off Topic- First Scotland Gold Panning Trip Of '18

Post  Sparrowfart Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:43 am

Hi Goldgrabber, this is not off topic. It's perfectly legit. nice one by the way, perhaps a little cold for me. Very Happy
Sparrowfart
Sparrowfart
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 564
Registration date : 2010-08-14

Back to top Go down

Off Topic- First Scotland Gold Panning Trip Of '18 Empty Re: Off Topic- First Scotland Gold Panning Trip Of '18

Post  philip.j.thompson Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:34 pm

Well done and congrats, not off topic

philip.j.thompson
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 725
Registration date : 2012-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:48 pm

Good video goldgrabber showing how you go about getting some gold in Scotland, the only problem I have is it looks way to cold for me, but keep up the great work.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

Post  goldgrabber Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:13 pm

Thanks, i only marked as off topic as its scotland prospecting, not ozzie, here's Day 3 with more pickers to show for the cold:
goldgrabber
goldgrabber
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightjar Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:11 am

Interesting videos Goldgrabber,
Will be visiting Scotland in August but time won't permit getting down and getting dirty or cold Brrrrrrrrrrr!
Think we will stick to the Ozzie prospecting. (Heat, sweat & flies. Very Happy )

Nightjar
Nightjar
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2689
Registration date : 2008-10-25

https://l.instagram.com/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fusr%2Fka

Back to top Go down

Post  goldgrabber Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:13 am

well I hope to get a trip to Oz at some point as a friend has recently moved over there so now I suppose I have a reason to travel half way around the world, in the mean time, here is the final day of my trip with the final gold clean up at the end

goldgrabber
goldgrabber
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Back to top Go down