Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbies wanting to meet up in Ballarat for a little advice on our panning style.

Go down

Newbies wanting to meet up in Ballarat for a little advice on our panning style. Empty Newbies wanting to meet up in Ballarat for a little advice on our panning style.

Post  Matilda's Mob Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:53 am

Hi every one been checking out this sight for a while picked up loads of info Very Happy thanks to the sharers. We are a family that LOVES the out doors and anything that gets us out together we are right into. Love our fishing and camping and when I was a kid (some yrs ago Shocked ) we used to go out gold panning with my pop always had some luck. But its been um over 30yrs since I have had a crack and not sure if I am showing my family how to do it right so just wanted to know if anyone from Ballarat had a half hr they could spare today or next wk end to give us a little demo Embarassed

Matilda's Mob
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-02-24

Back to top Go down

Newbies wanting to meet up in Ballarat for a little advice on our panning style. Empty Re: Newbies wanting to meet up in Ballarat for a little advice on our panning style.

Post  Guest Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:48 pm

Hi Matilda's Mob,

This is your local PMAV Branch and they have a Meeting tonight:

BALLARAT P.M.A.V. Meeting is THIS Sunday the 24th Feb at the Eureka Hall Cnr of Eureka St and Stawell St South. There is a BBQ at 6pm and the meeting will commence at 7pm till aprox. 9pm. PLEASE attend if you can and show your support. Memberships are 1/2 price (1/2 year) at the moment($25 adult, $15 Pensioner and Corporate $70)There is a PMAV Ballarat branch BBQ today.

Recently appointed President James Keays (0404 474 373) and Vice President Corey Matthews.
Give James a call and he will be able to point you to the right direction.

There would be also few of our members who might take you for a day.

There is a great area for family panning and day picnic in Creswick.

http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/explore/parks/creswick-r.p./things-to-do/slatey-creek-picnic-area-no-7

The best thing would be to join a prospecting club.Thats the best way to meet others with same interest and learn from the best.
Clubs usually have a monthly trips and its great way to head off to goldfields with family.

Good Luck.
GoldEN

(It has been little bit too hot last few weeks for detecting/pannig)

Last edited by golden on Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add)

Back to top Go down

Newbies wanting to meet up in Ballarat for a little advice on our panning style. Empty Re: Newbies wanting to meet up in Ballarat for a little advice on our panning style.

Post  Matilda's Mob Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:37 pm

Thanks will try to get there tonight, I think a club is just what we need Very Happy Yep the heat is a bit rough at the moment so enjoying the arvo with the air con.

Matilda's Mob
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-02-24

Back to top Go down