Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What type of detector for a newbie in Pilbara?

2 posters

Go down

What type of detector for a newbie in Pilbara? Empty What type of detector for a newbie in Pilbara?

Post  nariekone Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:47 pm

Hi Guys,

I am a new member looking to do a bit of metal detecting up in the Pilbara. After many recommendations I finally convinced myself and walked in to a prospecting shop in Perth to set myself up with a new minelab GPX 5000 and all the fruit however to my surprise the shop owner recommended me to look at an XP Deus v2. I have been reading a lot of reviews on them and most are fairly positive however I havent been able to find anything from anyone using them up in the Pilbara for gold.

If anyone can offer me some advice it would be much appreciated?

Thanks,

Kieran

nariekone
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2013-01-23

Back to top Go down

What type of detector for a newbie in Pilbara? Empty Re: What type of detector for a newbie in Pilbara?

Post  Guest Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:06 pm

G'day Kieran & welcome to the forum

I have to say I am a bit suprised that they talked you out of getting a Minelab GPX5000 Shocked

I have not heard anything about the XP DEUS V2 except what I have just read, and the specs seem to me to be for a VLF type machine and not a PI type machine like the GPX5000

I hope you do well with it, but I don't know anyone that has one that could give you some pointers on using it, so lets hope the dealer has all the answers and can get you up and running with some tutition for this machine.

cheers dave

Back to top Go down

What type of detector for a newbie in Pilbara? Empty Re: What type of detector for a newbie in Pilbara?

Post  pilbarachad Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:45 pm

Mate id go the 5000 for sure- ive never even heard of that other one. Where abouts in the Pilbara you gonna be swinging???

Just noticed your in Wickham. You know premiere tyre and auto in k-town sells detectors yeah??

Last edited by pilbarachad on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : noticed where you are)

pilbarachad
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:37 pm

Maybe the Prospectors Patch has done some tests with the machine he is recommending compared to the GPX--mmm I dont think so.
If they have one would have thought that they give u the comparisons---then again they may have mistook your requirements..

I may be wrong but I am yet to see a machine that out detects the PI machines here in the Pilbara.

Regards
Oneday69

Back to top Go down

Post  nariekone Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:50 am

Thanks for the feedback guys.

He didnt try to talk me out of getting the 5000 or say that there was anything wrong with them but just recommended the xp deus more. Im not sure if it had something to do with the fact that im only new to the game and he thought it might be easier for me or what which is why I posted so that I could get your opinions. He was very positive about the xp deus and said in the near future once they have some new programming specifically for gold prospecting he sees them being up their with the minelabs. This all sounded great to me considering they were light, compact, seemed relativly easy to use and most importantly it was about a third of the price!! I have read heaps of reviews about the xp deus v2 that were all very positive but nearly all were from treasure hunters looking for coins etc and i only found one from someone finding nuggets.

I will continue researching for a bit and will prob end up with a minelab if i cant find anyone that has tried the xp deus up that way.

Hey pilbarachad,

been in and out of Wickham for the last few years but am based there permanently now so looking to get out and have a swing anywhere I can drive to. I have been told they do but have never been there so prob drop in once im back up that way.

Cheers,

Kieran

nariekone
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2013-01-23

Back to top Go down