Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My long lost 4500 has reappered

+4
nero_design
nugget_hunter69
HOBO'S Gold
jmp333
8 posters

Go down

My long lost 4500 has reappered Empty My long lost 4500 has reappered

Post  Guest Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:49 pm

Gday was having a look at flea bay at the 4500s and noticed one that looked familiar. Didnt twig straight away until i read the serial number....... it was my old one id sold to some bloke in the US.
I knew the bloke had sold it on but didn't know to who it was, i read the current sellers feedback i noticed the sellers he had brought it from was the bloke who i had sold it to.
This lastest listing is totally misleading that detector was brought the day they came out not 3 months ago 25 hrs usage not likely more like 200 days condition is good to fair there's a small indentation on the lcd screen (doesnt effect the operation). Like new yer like pigs can fly.
I can tell you something for nothing its has a pretty good stack of frequent flyer points to the US and back again all in less than 3 months.
Regards
John
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Minelab-GPX-4500-Handheld-GOLD-Metal-Detector-AS-NEW_W0QQitemZ170411378292QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Gadgets?hash=item27ad4f4674

Last edited by freshwater on Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : link)

Back to top Go down

My long lost 4500 has reappered Empty Re: My long lost 4500 has reappered

Post  Guest Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:07 pm

yep...loved his 3months old 25 hrs use speil My long lost 4500 has reappered Icon_lol
He's also selling one starting price at $8000! I'd want gold plated knobs and 1/2 dozen coils for that....not to mention warantee

Back to top Go down

My long lost 4500 has reappered Empty 4500 as new

Post  jmp333 Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:26 am

I noticed the serial number was one of the first released, but newcomers would not wake up to the fact that it is one of the first sold in the 4500 range. Some bunny will probably pay good money for it. I was wondering if he ordered the new 4500 when they were hard to get and when he got it he put in on Ebay. John

jmp333
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  HOBO'S Gold Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:51 pm

Go's to show do your research on sellers feed back, you can learn a lot about what there selling and buying. He,s got one bid on it already. you used to be able to contact the bidder but ebay stuffed that up. Regard Johnny My long lost 4500 has reappered Icon_santa
HOBO'S Gold
HOBO'S Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 969
Registration date : 2008-10-22

https://www.youtube.com/user/HOBOsGold?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post  nugget_hunter69 Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:52 pm

Damn this bloke must be an octopus, If I read it right he has bought 4 of em over 2 months. My long lost 4500 has reappered Icon_eek asuming the private seller was a 45 too.

Imagine the chattering between em lol My long lost 4500 has reappered Icon_lol My long lost 4500 has reappered Icon_lol My long lost 4500 has reappered Icon_lol

ossie.

nugget_hunter69
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post  nero_design Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:41 am

Hobo's Gold: yes, you used to be able to contact other bidders. I can see why they changed it but I also think that by closing communications to everyone but the seller means that Ebay is probably rife with shill bidding. I contacted Ebay last week over what I felt was shill bidding and they took the time to investigate and then explained to me that the bidder was loading the same maximum price into a 'proxy bidder' to lodge his bids in the last hour of each auction. Hence there were 89 bids on 89 items from the one seller by the one bidder. I suppose the seller could have been the person behind the proxy bids too. It's so hard to say. This is different to a 'Sniper' who has his maximum bid delivered in the final seconds of an Auction.

Last edited by nero_design on Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited by Marco 07.12.09)
nero_design
nero_design
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 2085
Registration date : 2008-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post  centralvic Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:36 pm

Hi
Iam still waiting for a gpx4500 have no intention of selling it but after reading the last post may have second thoughts may cash in on some overseas dollars
cheers cv

centralvic
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-08-19

Back to top Go down

Post  HOBO'S Gold Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:21 pm

Hi I just tried to buy something on ebay today that was a buy now, the item was listed in Melbourne and I paid it by paypal and was rejected by paypal because their account was not active, so the seller sent me a email for me to pay direct to his bank account (as if) and he was based in Asia somewhere? and was generated from a fake ebay logo on ebay in the UK. My long lost 4500 has reappered Icon_twisted Regards Johnny
HOBO'S Gold
HOBO'S Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:59 pm

Hobo was only thinking today that Ebay like a gaint pool full of fish (Us being the fishas buyers). Although feedback is agood start i had noticed when i read some overseas sellers (Asia) feedback,that he had brought feedback (100 positive feedbacks) now i thought thats just screwed up how can you possiably now rely on feedback.
Now maybe i missread the sellers feedback items but am pretty sure this was the case.
Nero nice post could ya possiably make it a bit longer next time, by the way he brought one from U and is selling it (was) for $8G.
Im going to see if he did really sell it and watch his/her/its feedback i feel it was a dummy bid from them, and in a few months these 4500 will be as chip as chips market will be flooded with them whoo hooo. And if Nero is right (gota be a first sometime My long lost 4500 has reappered Icon_wink )i hope they get burnt big time.
Regards
John
PS Nero come up to HE on the 12th Tuna and a few of us will be at the pub for dinner and we want that free beer My long lost 4500 has reappered Icon_tongue .

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:04 pm

My long lost 4500 has reappered Icon_lol My long lost 4500 has reappered Icon_lol My long lost 4500 has reappered Icon_lol

Back to top Go down

Post  HOBO'S Gold Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:51 pm

Hi all Just got a email from Ebay today, the item I tried to buy was fake My long lost 4500 has reappered Icon_twisted He Hi jacked someones Ebay account, My long lost 4500 has reappered Affraid so it goes to show "DON'T PAY FOR ANYTHING UNLESS IT IS THROUGH PAYPAL" Regards Johnny My long lost 4500 has reappered Icon_santa

Last edited by HOBO'S Gold on Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
HOBO'S Gold
HOBO'S Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

My long lost 4500 has reappered Empty Sorry John

Post  HOBO'S Gold Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:54 pm

Sorry John for Hi jacking your post. Regards Johnny My long lost 4500 has reappered Icon_santa
HOBO'S Gold
HOBO'S Gold
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:00 pm

Sorry John for Hi jacking your post. Regards Johnny
M8 no need too i didnt see it that way, and its good people know about scams.
And on that about fake id and account stealing i had a funny email from Ebay saying i had to pay for an item.......... thing is it wasnt my user name it was some one else but the alert went to my email addy ? might call that a mistake from Ebayfor the moment.
Regards
John

Back to top Go down

Post  rowdy Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:00 pm

Hi Freshwater,
Talking about scams maybe ebay themselves are into scams in the hope that you would pay for the item. Someone who buys a lot on ebay may not check that they in fact actually did buy the item and just pay it. A bit like some of the mobs that send companies bills for adverts in non existant publications. Surprising how many companies just pay up without checking.
Rowdy
rowdy
rowdy
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post  TuronYellowFever Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:19 pm

Throats slit, Chinese fakes, leaving 3grammers in the ground.....27kilo nugget, 7.5 kilo nugget, 5.1kilo nugget, 2.2 kilo nugget being found....lmao.., I love your stories Nero...keep em coming. Can't wait for the pics to start to come out. Truely amazing stuff. All sounds too amaizing, but I'm sure Paddy Hannan's stories seemed a bit rich at the time also.

TuronYellowFever
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2008-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Narrawa Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:14 pm

My long lost 4500 has reappered Icon_razz My long lost 4500 has reappered Affraid My long lost 4500 has reappered Lol My long lost 4500 has reappered Icon_lol My long lost 4500 has reappered Icon_lol My long lost 4500 has reappered Icon_lol
Narrawa
Narrawa
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1885

http://australiangoldfields.freeforums.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:04 pm

Well he sold it didnt think he had, checked feedback and there ya go.
On the funny side he brought a 4500 battery from the bloke who brought the 4500, (scratching my head WHY?) the battery cost $520 lol arnt they only $430 thur dealers?. Are batteries the next big ticket item My long lost 4500 has reappered Icon_neutral .
The plot thickens.
Regards
John

Back to top Go down