Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old Garrett Groundhog detector

2 posters

Go down

Old Garrett Groundhog detector Empty Old Garrett Groundhog detector

Post  Astroman Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:47 pm

Hi all,

I have an old Garrett Groundhog ADS metal detector and the power switch on the upper right looks to be seized or something, I cannot rotate it. Does anyone know if this can be fixed?

Astroman
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Old Garrett Groundhog detector Empty Re: Old Garrett Groundhog detector

Post  Guest Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:17 pm

G'day Astroman and welcome to the forum... I would suggest you check out Jaycar or similar electronics suppliers they should be able to help you... Very Happy www.jaycar.com.au We find if they don't have it in stock they will order it in and usually get it in a week or so... Hope this helps...

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  lockie86 Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:06 pm

hey mate, its not a easy switch to find nor is it easy to replace, from memory it has 2 or 3 prongs on the front off the switch that are soldered into the circutboard and 4 wire's to be soldered on the back of it.

best place to get the switch or to get it fixed would be bendigo gold, you could just post it to them and they would post it back.

lockie

lockie86
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2012-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Astroman Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:12 pm

Thanks for your input guys will let you know how I go with it, yes it does look a little tricky but a little TLC is all it needs. Now where is my hammer... Smile

I have contacted Treasure Enterprises of Australia as they have the part listed on their website, I have sent an email seeing if it is the right part first.

Andrew.

Astroman
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down