Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New member from Ravenswood W.A

5 posters

Go down

New member from Ravenswood W.A Empty New member from Ravenswood W.A

Post  gibo Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:11 am

Hi all.
I have been in here occassionally and have enjoyed reading your topics and posts. I have recently joined the WCMDC and they advised me to come here to find out about any planned social get togethers. I have had an interest in gold prospecting for many years. I love the bush and the peace and quiet going away with friends and the camp fires, and if you pick up anything thats a bonus. (My wife brings lots of bits of old metal and pretty rocks home!!). I have just introduced her to detecting and she has enjoyed her first two trips away. We are looking forward to meeting people with the same interests and hobbies. We enjoy both gold prospecting and treasure hunting or just getting together for a camping trip or a BBQ. Very Happy

gibo
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2013-01-04

Back to top Go down

New member from Ravenswood W.A Empty Re: New member from Ravenswood W.A

Post  Guest Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:53 am

G'day gibo and welcome to the forum, there are few from WA on the forum and I am sure they would give you any advice you may need... Hope you enjoy the reading of the many topics on this site and hope to hear some of your stories as well... Good luck out there... Very Happy

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  LONE WOLF XLIX Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:14 am

Hi and welcome to the forum, must be hot over there at this time and you would be taking things a bit easy till things get more bearable, the wife would be arranging those rocks and all the scrap iron now till you get out there to gather more cheers
LONE WOLF XLIX
LONE WOLF XLIX
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2012-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post  piston broke Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:37 am

Welcome Gibo, i'm from Perth, glad you joined mate. Very Happy cheers Pete.
piston broke
piston broke
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1633
Registration date : 2011-05-07

Back to top Go down

New member from Ravenswood W.A Empty Re: New member from Ravenswood W.A.

Post  sandy2010 Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:36 am

Hi gibo,
Good timing !.....................We have a (APLA) prospectors meeting in Mandurah next Sunday (12th) at 1.30pm
CWA hall, Cooper St.
Also,our annual camp will be sometime in April/May.

C'mon down,
Cheers.

sandy2010
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2010-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post  gibo Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:52 am

Hi and thanks for the welcome's. Im sure I will learn a lot from the boards, but I find some of the replies quite entertaining!! Ive seen a few of the members are from W.A. Mike, may meet some in our travels. Yes Lone Wolf too hot for us at this time. Yes the Mrs likes her scrap or should I say (crap)!!. Im not sure how high she can stack it on the window sills!!. Goodaye to you too Pete and thanks for the invite Sandy.

gibo
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:42 pm

gibo wrote:Hi and thanks for the welcome's. Im sure I will learn a lot from the boards, but I find some of the replies quite entertaining!! Ive seen a few of the members are from W.A. Mike, may meet some in our travels. Yes Lone Wolf too hot for us at this time. Yes the Mrs likes her scrap or should I say (crap)!!. Im not sure how high she can stack it on the window sills!!. Goodaye to you too Pete and thanks for the invite Sandy.

Oh scrap on the window sills! Ohh man I thought this was gona be another crap post!,, lol welcome gibo !

Back to top Go down

Post  sandy2010 Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:22 pm

gibo wrote:Hi and thanks for the welcome's. Im sure I will learn a lot from the boards, but I find some of the replies quite entertaining!! Ive seen a few of the members are from W.A. Mike, may meet some in our travels. Yes Lone Wolf too hot for us at this time. Yes the Mrs likes her scrap or should I say (crap)!!. Im not sure how high she can stack it on the window sills!!. Goodaye to you too Pete and thanks for the invite Sandy.

*****I went 'tecting with my wife who is a good prospector and who should be on the "Antiques Roadshow",
.........she collected "items of interest"ie s(crap) for 4 weeks and stored it under the caravan in camp.....sad to say I "inadvertly" forgot it when we left !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"Not happy Jan".

sandy2010
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:03 am

gibo wrote:Hi all.
I have been in here occassionally and have enjoyed reading your topics and posts. I have recently joined the WCMDC and they advised me to come here to find out about any planned social get togethers. I have had an interest in gold prospecting for many years. I love the bush and the peace and quiet going away with friends and the camp fires, and if you pick up anything thats a bonus. (My wife brings lots of bits of old metal and pretty rocks home!!). I have just introduced her to detecting and she has enjoyed her first two trips away. We are looking forward to meeting people with the same interests and hobbies. We enjoy both gold prospecting and treasure hunting or just getting together for a camping trip or a BBQ. Very Happy

Gday gibo

Sounds like you are into this hobby for all the same benefits as the rest of us, and it sounds as though your wife is about the same as all of ours too as we all have pretty rock collections silent , there are many detectorists in the Mandurah area and as Sandy said a local apla branch that meets this sunday the 13-1-2013, at the CWA hall on Cooper st Mandurah at 1.30 pm, where you will be able to meet up with like minded people.

There are many areas around the district where you can look for coins and relics as well so you are able to get a bit of a detecting fix without having to head out to the goldfields all the time.

cheers

stayyerAU

Back to top Go down

Post  gibo Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:45 am

Goodaye, mmm! Sandy I will remember that one. lol. Although she seems to hide stuff pretty well under the seats etc. I do leave a few on the roadside where possible if for some reason they come by my hand, but there always seems to be more when I clean the car out!! Hi stayer, yes dont mind what we detect for, its nice to be out, and if theres nothing decent out there at least we are doing our bit for "Clean up Australia"!!!

gibo
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Biggest Kev Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:06 pm

Welcome aboard Gibo, haha ya slacka you did'nt tell me you was joining this forum, good stuff.

Cheers Kev
Biggest Kev
Biggest Kev
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  sandy2010 Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:52 pm

Hi again Gibo,
Prospectors AGM March 10th at the address on my previous post............so you can join up at the meeting if you want to come along to the annual club camp in the goldfields which will be from 17th May.

Be lucky.

sandy2010
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  gibo Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:39 pm

Hi Kevin,
So you found me Very Happy. I actually looked for you on here but you must have been hiding well!! I'm not on here often I think Linda needs to get her own name!!
Hi Sandy how are you? Yes I have been a member of Mandurah's APLA twice in the past.
Cheers Craig

gibo
New Poster
New Poster

Back to top Go down