Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10x5 HF DD 18.75 khz

2 posters

Go down

10x5 HF DD 18.75 khz Empty 10x5 HF DD 18.75 khz

Post  Ron1720 Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:18 pm

I am new to the site. Have been doing some lurking trying to get some insight on my 705. I went out today all prepared to find my first nugget. When I got on site I went thru the menu and then ground balanced and using tracking mode started swinging. About 15 minutes into the hunt I rechecked the ground balance and did another auto grounding. Thats when things seems to go bad, there was no longer any ID tones but still had threshold and audio. I tried to go thru the ground sequence again but couldn't. I turned unit off and back on and got the CE (coil error) symbol, so I turned the unit off and disconnected and reconnected coil still get the CE code. I did a factory reset still get code. I stopped by a metal detecting shop the owner let me try a used coil on one of his machines and all was good. He could not give me any answer on what was wrong with my coil or what may have caused my coil to quit working. Anyone have any ideas?

I am guessing that I will have to replace the coil, do I get another 5x10 DD or a 6" DD? Does anyone have a preference over one or the other?

Ron

Ron1720

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-12-17

Back to top Go down

10x5 HF DD 18.75 khz Empty Re: 10x5 HF DD 18.75 khz

Post  Stealth914 Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:41 pm

Hi Ron

As for which coil to buy, I'm not sure as I've been using my 5-10 DD all the time now as it pinpoints very well
& covers a fair amount of ground compaired to what I'd say the 6" would cover, but I supose it depends on if your in open spaces or in tight places like lots of trees n stuff but with the narrow part of the 5-10 I'd say its also great for tight places as well as big flat areas.

Maybe if you've got others close to your location you maybe able to borrow theirs to try out n see which one suits you & the way you detect.

I got the dual pack when I got my 705 but I've only used the coincentric 9" once as I prefer the 5-10 DD for better results although I am looking at getting a bigger Mid Freq DD coil soon as I would like to try a couple of beaches one say.

I'm sure theres others that are on here with way more info as I am only a newby been playing for bout 7 weeks mainly chasing coins n stuff.

Cheers Tony

Stealth914
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2013-05-09

Back to top Go down