Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yippee!! My new detector and my first target

+3
getascripter
TTT
The Bat
7 posters

Go down

Yippee!! My new detector and my first target Empty Yippee!! My new detector and my first target

Post  The Bat Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:40 pm

Picked up my new Fisher F75 LE in Townsville yesterday Arvo. First target this morning and ripper tone, too. The bloody chrome cobalt screws which were used to fuse my big toe!!!!
The Bat
The Bat
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2012-10-01

Back to top Go down

Yippee!! My new detector and my first target Empty Re: Yippee!! My new detector and my first target

Post  TTT Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:36 pm

oh bugger but you gave me a laugh good luck in your quest to find the real stuff cheers Terry

TTT
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 419
Registration date : 2012-05-28

Back to top Go down

Yippee!! My new detector and my first target Empty Re: Yippee!! My new detector and my first target

Post  Guest Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:59 pm

You will have to get in rhythm swinging your coil... Sorry about your toe. Sad good luck with your new toy...

Cheers.

Mike. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  getascripter Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:22 pm

Now that's the funniest thing I've read in ages! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I'm with Mike54 ... you'll have to learn to swing in rythm with your footsteps LOLOLOLOLOL
getascripter
getascripter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post  spinna Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:29 pm

The good news is - once you have learned to swing in rhythm with your footsteps, you should have no problems wearing steel capped boots!

Cheers spinna

spinna
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Back to top Go down

Post  The Bat Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:31 am

Kate, you have an F75 I recall??? Any tips and tricks. I'm having a first run with mine in the back yard over some rather mundane objects that I'm bluetacking to a long board and then, hopefully, out to the paddock for a bit of a skim around tomorrow arvo. Not overly optermistic and just treating it all as a bit of familiarisation with the rig.

Cheers
The Bat
The Bat
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:54 am

The Bat wrote:Picked up my new Fisher F75 LE in Townsville yesterday Arvo. First target this morning and ripper tone, too. The bloody chrome cobalt screws which were used to fuse my big toe!!!!

Thats what I call a real steel cap Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  getascripter Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:09 am

Hi Bat ... no, I've had the Minelab 705 Gold Pack, then the SD2000 and now I have the GPX4000. Each of the earlier 2 had their good and bad points, and I'm only really still learning the GPX.

I believe the 705 is a brilliant machine because it is both a beach/park detector, and a gold detector ... and in the right areas can be very effective.
The SD2000, whilst quite noisy, does have some abilities, including depth, that are at least equal to the later models (mine has Barrie Johnson upgrades)
The GPX4000, I believe, is the equivalent of the later models in all but the additional 'mini' settings, but like I said earlier, I am still learning this machine.

I am very interested to hear how your F75 goes! Very Happy In my humble opinion, all of the modern reputable detectors have the ability to find gold ... each having their own pros and cons.
getascripter
getascripter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post  heavy metal Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:59 pm

The Bat wrote:Picked up my new Fisher F75 LE in Townsville yesterday Arvo. First target this morning and ripper tone, too. The bloody chrome cobalt screws which were used to fuse my big toe!!!!
I was out swinging with my brother the other day and it took a little while to realise why my target kept disappearing. It was the metal in his ankle !! Everytime I swung past his foot I was picking up surgical steel !!
heavy metal
heavy metal
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2012-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post  The Bat Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:56 pm

And here I was thinking how clever I was when I got rid of the boots I'd had lined up for prospecting and the army surplus gaiters that I'd bought for a steal after the fact had been pointed out to me about the 24 brass bootlace eyelets and the brass buckles and stiffeners in the gaiters. Bloody obvious — and we're all 20/20 vision in hindsight hi hi.
The Bat
The Bat
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  lbg dreamer Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:10 pm

heavy metal wrote:
I was out swinging with my brother the other day and it took a little while to realise why my target kept disappearing. It was the metal in his ankle !! Everytime I swung past his foot I was picking up surgical steel !!
He might be lucky you didn't try and recover the target
With the pick lol!
lbg dreamer
lbg dreamer
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 942
Registration date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post  solidslug Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:18 pm

lbg dreamer wrote:
heavy metal wrote:
He might be lucky you didn't try and recover the target
With the pick lol!

I've got more metal in my left leg than I care to mention, so that's one I'll have to watch out for too.....
solidslug
solidslug
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2012-11-25

Back to top Go down