Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

xterra 705 target signals

2 posters

Go down

xterra 705  target signals Empty xterra 705 target signals

Post  goldcanking Mon May 04, 2015 1:44 pm

gday all, well im a new user here and i gotta say im very impressed with this forum and the resources attatched here... sensational, i do however have a question about the xterra 705. just bought this machine last month and im gettin "mixed signals" with targets i have been finding. ( mostly junk lol ) for example. an aluminium ring pull is reading at 16. showing it to be about 5inches down. when i start digging and remove say, 2 inches of dirt, i get a different read again when the detector is passed over. this happens quite a lot on all sorts of targets,, are the signals supposed to be "clear" as in 16 all the time for the ring pull, or are they supposed to change at different depths,,, most likely im doing something wrong but im just not too sure, or do i have a deffective machine.... im using the discrimination mode "1" whilst searching with auto ground balance "on". using coin/treasure option. any help would be much appreciated. cheers

goldcanking
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2015-04-28

Back to top Go down

xterra 705  target signals Empty Re: xterra 705 target signals

Post  CrazyPete Mon May 04, 2015 2:21 pm

G'day mate

Yeah it doesnt pay to run it in coin/relic mode with auto GB on, what will be happening is everytime you scrape earth
away from the target it gives the detector a new level of mineralization and target combination, and that will change
your TID (Target ID display) readings from the original numbers given.

We use our 705 for coins only and we run it with the 9" round concentric coil, we ignore all targets below 24
which are 50c bits, the ones we focus on are (30 = $2) and (32 =$1) 34-36 tend to be 1c coins and above that number we dig
em all as they can be silver coins or gold rings etc.

The best way to set the machine up is put it in search mode #1 and then lay out some $1 $2 coins and a gold ring and some pull tabs
nails and other non wanted junk, next run your coil over each of them one by one and hit the except/reject button to knock out
the unwanted items, you will find that the $1 and $2 coins may get discriminated out so press the except/reject button on each
of them to allow them to be detected also..

There are a few 705 target ID number sheets on the net, but we find that most of them are crap so it's best to do it the way we did Wink

Good luck and let us know how you do ay T06

Pete Cool
CrazyPete
CrazyPete
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  goldcanking Mon May 04, 2015 3:26 pm

cheers pete... i have an intrest in old coins, mainly the reason why i purchased this machine, $1 and $2 coins are most welcome too :-) will lookup the target id charts i think, have been told that some old coins register the same target id as some junk items, not to sure on that one yet. thanks for the tip regarding ground balance... will change that right now.... much appreciated champ.

goldcanking
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2015-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post  CrazyPete Mon May 04, 2015 3:39 pm

Your welcome mate, just to add most silver coins come up in the 40s range.

Pete Cool
CrazyPete
CrazyPete
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down