Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finding a harness that is comfortable with minimal fatigue

5 posters

Go down

Finding a harness that is comfortable with minimal fatigue Empty Finding a harness that is comfortable with minimal fatigue

Post  cabletie Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:54 pm

Hey im after a harness that will support my detector and still be able to swing wish relative ease. The one I have is very uncomfortable and fatigues my arm pretty quick so im trying to find out whats the best?
cabletie
cabletie
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 575
Registration date : 2012-08-12

https://youtu.be/s_5Td2wPusA

Back to top Go down

Finding a harness that is comfortable with minimal fatigue Empty Re: Finding a harness that is comfortable with minimal fatigue

Post  Universal1 Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:34 pm

If you're experiencing arm/shoulder fatigue maybe try a hipstick, will relieve the strain.
Universal1
Universal1
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Back to top Go down

Finding a harness that is comfortable with minimal fatigue Empty Re: Finding a harness that is comfortable with minimal fatigue

Post  cabletie Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:47 pm

can someone please draw me a diagrame how a hip stick is mounted?
cabletie
cabletie
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down

Post  getascripter Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:02 pm

OK ... this is the best that I can explain it. The top clips to the ring on the top breast strap of your harness. The bottom of the stick has a ball on it that acts as a mobile joint. There is a 'slide' kind of clip that slips onto the 'belly' strap part of your harness. (it's a plastic doo-hickey that looks like a big slide peg affraid ) The 'ball joint' sits in that slide clip.

Your bungy strap then clips directly onto the 'stick' at the top. It sounds weird, but it actually works quite well Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
getascripter
getascripter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 1900
Registration date : 2012-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post  xtc Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:37 pm

look on youtube JP has a clip on there showing the hip stick and how its mounted.
cheers
xtc
xtc
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2012-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Universal1 Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:14 pm

Here's the link to JP's youtube vid: HIPSTICK
Universal1
Universal1
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2010-02-13

Back to top Go down

Post  shelby23 Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:44 pm

this is the best harness i have used

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180947248129

shelby23
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 685
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post  cabletie Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:28 pm

Thanks. I understand now how it works. I gonna get one now. What is a good harness to use than with a utility belt.
cabletie
cabletie
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Back to top Go down