Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

results from tdi pro

+5
chappo
kon61
wolfau
peterinaust
sidneymelbs
9 posters

Go down

results from tdi pro Empty results from tdi pro

Post  sidneymelbs Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:03 pm

gday all its been a few months since i said id be out to give my new tdi oz pro a run ,well i must say im so rapt with its performance .one thing to remember is to clip the coil wire directly away from the coil as opposed to wrapping it around the shaft important for pulse delays of 20-25 very important for maximum depth.i used a nugget finder 16 inch mono for searching and must say its very good but i will say that coiltek coils that i used were more sensitive and better depth. very easy to ground balance as i was in country where the ground make up changed frequently . in total i came home with nine pieces for a total of 18.6 grams for a total of 17hrs in the field .im back off out to my spot in a coupla weeks before too many snakes are about and its too hot.i detected with steve hunt who has 30 yrs experience and his dad has 60yrs experience combined total of 90ys and he uses a gpx3500 with coiltek monos and hes getting 5ft depth and wont upgrade. unless u have 6 months of time in the field to work out minelabs settings your wasting your time. for my money as ive been taught and showen the tdi is sensitive enough and does the job sweet,so unless u like digging for .1 of a gram at 5ft go for the tdi or stick to your sd22oo or gpx3500 plug yourself into the unit ,learn your settings and spend as much time in the field as you can to get results , i dug 57 bullets and assorted junk before going to a spot that yielded so dont give up .
sidneymelbs
sidneymelbs
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2012-03-02

Back to top Go down

results from tdi pro Empty Re: results from tdi pro

Post  peterinaust Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:14 pm

Well done, and interesting about the coils. What size coiltek are you using? Good to see another TDI pro oz user out there, I was beginning to think I was the only one on this forum.

Cheers
Peter

peterinaust
Seasoned Contributor
Seasoned Contributor

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2012-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post  sidneymelbs Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:14 pm

yeah pete was useing a 6" goldstalker coiltek i have a 14x9 but as u may know u will lose depth

cheers kriso
sidneymelbs
sidneymelbs
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfau Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:47 pm

Hello,

Do you have any Photos Smile

Which settings where you using on the TDI?

What are your favorite coils?

Thanks

Joe

wolfau
Contributor
Contributor

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2012-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post  kon61 Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:12 pm

The combined total of 90 years I can understand.I don't know why,but I'll even allow six months of time,out on the field to work out minelabs settings and on a GP35000,but 5 foot depth with a 3500,on what may I ask,a football size slug? using a 25 inch mono coil? Digging for .1 of a gram at 5ft? with what,a 3500? Using a 6 inch coil on a TDI,but as "Peter knows" you will lose depth by using a Coiltek 14x9 mono on the same machine? As compared to what? the 6 inch Coiltek mono.Hmm
Hello,Earth to sidneymelbs,Earth to sydneymelbs,come in sydneymelbs. Earth to sydneymelbs,are you there sydneymelbs? What is your current status & position,so that I too may understand,what the hell your talking about????????????????

kon61.

kon61
kon61
Management

Number of posts : 4993
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post  chappo Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:36 am

The TDI Pro Oz series is a different kettle of fish to the American TDI Pro's...she's been adapted to suit our ground conditions...try using the following as a starting point & your success should increase.
Gain - 5-8
Pulse Delay - 10-15
Frequency - 12 o'clock...adjust if electrical interference eg: storms; power lines
Set Conductivity - all...unless discriminating
Volume - 9 o'clock
Threshold - to a constant hum...with just a slight waver now & then
Coarse Ground balance - 8
Turn on Fine GEB...raise & lower the coil from 5 inches to just above the ground several times without banging the coil into the ground...adjusting the fine GEB until the threshold hums without change

Try these & you should be away & running Cool
chappo
chappo
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2012-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Goldpick Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:44 pm

.1 gram at 5 inches you mean , NO detector can find .1 at 5 ft that's just like the bunyip I saw at Palmer river last wk.

Goldpick
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2012-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post  djuncleruss Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:42 pm

Iv just. Got the tdi pro oz. may have to chat with you soon.. Regards djruss from Coffs..
djuncleruss
djuncleruss
Contributor
Contributor

Registration date : 2012-10-09

http://russwoodgate@yahoo.com

Back to top Go down

results from tdi pro Empty the rookie pulls his head out of his arse lol

Post  sidneymelbs Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:19 pm

got a gpx 4000 learned so much since my ridiculous posts on the tdi lol .was just so determined and passionate to make the dream a reality that i was making all the rookie mistakes and not keeping an open mind in regards to furthering my education with the whole process of metal detecting .spent a coupla months in w.a this winter and did very well ,my mate and i got 34 ounces which was very satisfying after yrs of learning all the things not to do lol.like to say thank you to my mate in sydney for helping me with my settings and advice (you know who you are ) with a whole new outlook an approach to the game i love the fact that gold teaches you new things every time constantly keeps you thinking. anyways id love to hear any advice thoughts or suggestions all is appreciated . regards kriso
and yes i will get a gpx5000 asap oh and me mate steves getting one too lol

results from tdi pro W

results from tdi pro Wresults from tdi pro W
sidneymelbs
sidneymelbs
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

results from tdi pro Empty Sydney newbie with a TDI Pro Oz

Post  gedanate Wed May 20, 2015 12:28 am

Hi guys,

I just joined this forum a few minutes ago and this is the first threat I have read.

I picked up a TDI Pro Oz from the importers in Vic while I was down in the golden triangle area a month ago.

I am still learning to tell my arse from my elbow in this game, but all I can say so far is I find it great for locating small pieces of birdshot. :-)

However, I hope to be able to report some real finds soon.

Sure, if I had the $4,000 bucks I might be using something else, but I don't. Never mind the <cough, cough> $10,700 for a much-touted new bit of kit. Rolling Eyes

Cheers,

Dave (from Cherrybrook, NSW)
gedanate
gedanate
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2015-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post  mfdes Wed May 20, 2015 8:48 am

sidneymelbs wrote:...and he uses a gpx3500 with coiltek monos and hes getting 5ft depth and wont upgrade...

Awesome to hear you're doing well, but I'm having trouble with that statement. Which Coiltek mono gives 5 ft depth on a 3500?
mfdes
mfdes
Good Contributor
Good Contributor

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2013-04-29

http://www.appleisleprospector.com/

Back to top Go down