Gold Detecting and Prospecting Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gold on the gold coast?

2 posters

Go down

gold on the gold coast? Empty gold on the gold coast?

Post  goldcoastnewbie Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:26 pm

Hello everyone my name is Dave, I live on the gold coast and would like to try my hand at gold prospecting and was wondering if it would be worthwhile to try panning in some of the creeks and rivers in the gold coast hinterland? I've read that gold has been discovered at Pimpama creek but I couldn't find much information at all. I can't really afford to travel far but I would love to learn how to pan and maybe find some gold of my own one day. Very Happy

Any information or tips would be greatly appreciated.

goldcoastnewbie
New Poster
New Poster

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-08-17

Back to top Go down

gold on the gold coast? Empty Re: gold on the gold coast?

Post  bicter Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:40 pm

Hi Dave,
There is an active prospecting group in Brisbane. Further information can be found at http://queenslandprospectingclub.org it's a new site so there isn't much information on there yet. I've met a few blokes from the GC while fossicking/panning at Glendons outside Warwick. If you want to be taught the finer arts of gold panning and where to find gold, there's a bloke called Bruce whi provides instruction at Glendon. PM me if you want his number or else check out the qld prospecting club site and I'm sure you will find him there, known as Landy. He hasn't been on line for a while as his laptop hard drive died.

Regards
Terry
bicter
bicter
Contributor Plus
Contributor Plus

Number of posts : 395
Registration date : 2012-03-18

Back to top Go down